DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I do have it off. I am the one commanding them to use Stasis

The issue is we will wipe an entire room while the one dude is still chilling in Stasis and then I have to fucking wait for Stasis to wear off.

Meanwhile Tali has unloaded what feels like 3 clips worth of shots into them

9 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I get all the Ashley hate and everything, but while "super space racist" is a shitty personality, at least it qualifies as a personality.

It always amuses me that people hate on Ashley so much and seem to give Pressley a pass... at least until you find his personal log in the Normandy wreckage in ME2.

The condescending manner and hostile manner in which some aliens treat humans (Din Korlak, the Volus ambassador and his shitty attitude, the Turian that disses Refund Guy but cheerfully give the Turian customer his money back, The obstructionist Turian and Salarian members of the Council, Mallene Calis, the asshole Asari spy on Noveria) sometimes makes me wonder if Ashley's xenophobia isn't well earned.

Of course it would help if humanity wasn't trying to hotshot itself to celebrity status and didn't have organizations like Cerberus working on its behalf.

I hate her attitude which is why I try to engage her in conversation and hold a mirror up to her so that she can really see how short sighted she is.   I think the whole point of her having such a shitty outlook is that you as Shep will show some leadership and be a good example.  Otherwise, you're just putting yourself in a bubble with other people that think like you in the meta, right?

If you spend all of that time trying to get Garrus to realize that true character is what you are when no one else is looking and that honor is its own reward, you can spare Ashley a few minutes to explain to her that cooperation is better than isolation.

Given Kaiden's experiences at BAaT, I'm surprised he doesn't also have a burning hatred for Turians.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Shuriken was always a shitty ME2 SMG.   The Tempest and Locust (added by the Kasumi DLC) are far superior.

Yeah, I forget I always just do Kasumi's loyality mission right after getting my Spectre status back and get the Locust and then stop having problems with running a SMG as a Sentinel.

30 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Yeah, I forget I always just do Kasumi's loyality mission right after getting my Spectre status back and get the Locust and then stop having problems with running a SMG as a Sentinel.

Shields are ridiculously shitty early in the game, so I tend to hold off on doing any loyalty missions until after I've recruited the entire crew.  By that time, I've got enough Damage Resistance mods unlocked to weather the Loyalty missions.  I seem to remember the boss fight with the Mantis gunship at the end of Kasumi's LM being particularly rage inducing and having the Nanocrystal Hard Shields really helped.

Edited by J.T.

Annoyed. Dishwasher died and I figured I could install a new dishwasher pretty quickly. Spent hours on it that I could have spent playing ME1 and the dishwasher still isn't in yet.

• Haha 1

I've been thinking about it and I realized that in ME2 I really mixed up my crew constantly since there were so many different folks and I liked them all.

Except Zaeed - his ass stayed on the ship.

And Jacob... to a slightly lesser degree.

Zaeed has the best reaction when the Batarian Blue Suns guy explains the plan to kill Archangel (THAT'S GODDAMN SUICIDE~!) so I at least bring him along for that mission.

Mordin is a mandatory squadmate for the Warlord recruitment mission because Krogan and Tali's recruitment mission is trivialize when both Miranda and Garrus are murdering Geth with twin Overloads.

I think I tend to leave Jacob on the ship more than anyone else when I play once I no longer need the Biotic Combo body count.

When I get access to Jack and unlock Kasumi's Flashbangs, the game is a wrap.

Edited by J.T.

That Collossus in Tali's recruitment mission is a walk when using Garius, Miranda, and Sentinel Shep with the Collector Cannon.

Edited by Raziel

Ugh - I forgot that on Noveria, playing as a pure Paragon isn't gonna net me EXP

Already had to redo 2 things so I could get EXP (since I am maxed out on Paragon points).

Stupid corrupt planet

This is random, but I found this video when looking through Mass Effect multiplayer stuff that perfectly explains why me, Rippa, and J.T. will love Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, and hopefully sell everyone else to give it a significant shot

Edited by The Man Known as Dan

Such a minor thing, but I'm still annoyed my trophies for ME2 aren't showing up on PS5 when I press the PS button on the controller. Before, all that was showing was the few trophies I had for ME1 - after I went back and got the platinum for ME1, booted up ME2... now it's just the "Official News" card from Playstation, and nothing else. I mean, luckily all of these trophies seem to be story related minus like 4 or something that are power based (so, like ME1) - but it's still annoying.

Audio was pretty badly off last night when I was playing in 2160p, so I had to switch it back to 1080p. That didn't happen prior to yesterday, weirdly enough. That's my default setting. And right after the Horizon mission, where you have to talk to the Illusive Man, I had some pretty bad framerate drops (and I was just walking into the tech lab, that's it).

Anyway - I'll probably come back to ME2 after I finish the trilogy at some point, and get the platinum for ME2 and 3, because some choices I had to make to get the trophies. Like, during Zaaed's loyalty mission, I wanted to help the workers out, but I suspected if I did that, he wouldn't be loyal to me at the end of the mission and I'd be fucked for that trophy. Or letting Grunt out of the pod - didn't want to do it, but I need the trophy, because I don't know when I'll be revisiting these games in the future.

I finished Noveria last night. In doing so popped a bunch of achievements including the "complete 75% of the game".

Only power achievement I still need is Neural Shock.

Won't be able to finish playthrough 1 until Monday as I was finally able to go to NY to visit my Mom and decided to be a good son and not bring my machine along.

Dear Lord, Rippa.  I have also finished Noveria on my New Game+ playthrough.  I admit that I have an unfair advantage because you have to wait for your wife before you can play, but I think I will beat ME1 twice before you get to Ilos.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I’m only playing like two hours a day

The 2nd play through will be speedier as I don’t have to wait around so one of my “work from home” days can be dedicated to catching up

God, somehow I got through Besieged Base on the first try this time around thanks to the precision shooting of Garrus Vakarian. 

He iced four of the terrorists on his own while I was hiding behind a wall taking direct fire. 

Kaiden also helped out with liberal applications of Neural Shock.  I'm glad he had an Omni-Tool that sped up his Medical cooldown.

Edited by J.T.

Just knocked out Geth Incursion for Tali and remembered that I forgot to do the Colony of the Dead mission, so I'll hit that before going on to Bring Down The Sky.

I'm at the annoying part of the game where I am hurting for weapon mod upgrades like Combat Optics, Kinetic Coils, and Frictionless Materials but every time I salvage a Crashed Probe the game is like Here Are Some More Inferno Rounds!

It is around this time that I usually start arming one or two squaddies with Geth Pulse Rifles.

• Like 1