DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It used to be that you could just biotic power a wall and get the achievement but I am not sure if that holds true for this version

If this is true, I'll totally spend a half hour or whatever just poppin' off biotic powers in a random hallway to get these trophies.

I think the only trophy I might have a problem with in ME1 is going to be the Codex one. I'm near the end of the game and I haven't gotten it yet. That's worrying.

As much as I despise Batarians, I forgot how awesome the Batarian news feed on Omega is.  Only the Batarians would see a Citadel crackdown on the slave trade as insensitive cultural persecution.  Little things like that make these games so great.

Out of all of the games in the franchise, I think I like ME2 the best.

Well, let me also qualify that I think I like the combat scheme of Andromeda the most.  Refined cover system, being able to fight on XYZ axis thanks to the addition of aerial combat, ad nauseam.   Things really were heading in the right direction before the botched launch and eventual abandonment.

How did BioWare manage fuck things up so badly?  Oh yeah..  EA.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I'm getting mildly annoyed that my trophy for finishing missions with Wrex as a companion isn't triggering yet. I've gotten all of the rest of them so far and I just took Wrex on, like, five missions in a row without it coming up as being complete.

I've put off doing Feros and Noveria for as long as I can and did all the other side missions first. Now it's time to get back into the main story, it appears.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

I'm getting mildly annoyed that my trophy for finishing missions with Wrex as a companion isn't triggering yet. I've gotten all of the rest of them so far and I just took Wrex on, like, five missions in a row without it coming up as being complete.

I've put off doing Feros and Noveria for as long as I can and did all the other side missions first. Now it's time to get back into the main story, it appears.

See! I wasn't going crazy!

I finally had to take him on some "major" side missions to make sure it triggered

2 hours ago, Casey said:

If this is true, I'll totally spend a half hour or whatever just poppin' off biotic powers in a random hallway to get these trophies.

I did a quick look at apparently you can use powers on the Citadel Rapid Transit hubs and it counts (might want to pick one away from people). Haven't tried it myself yet

I think the only trophy I might have a problem with in ME1 is going to be the Codex one. I'm near the end of the game and I haven't gotten it yet. That's worrying.

That's odd because I got that one before I left the Citadel. (Assuming you mean the one that is Find all primary Alien: Council Races, Extinct Races and Non-Council Races codex entries)

Did you read/listen to all the entries in the Codex? I wonder if maybe that is why it didn't pop

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did a quick look at apparently you can use powers on the Citadel Rapid Transit hubs and it counts (might want to pick one away from people). Haven't tried it myself yet

That's odd because I got that one before I left the Citadel. (Assuming you mean the one that is Find all primary Alien: Council Races, Extinct Races and Non-Council Races codex entries)

Did you read/listen to all the entries in the Codex? I wonder if maybe that is why it didn't pop

I marked them all as read, does that not count? I have to go through all of them myself?! I finished the game with only the Codex, two Biotic powers and I think maybe one more trophy left undone. If they’re that easy to get, I might boot up an old save sometime and try for it since I just started the ME2 portion of the trilogy.

34 minutes ago, Casey said:

I marked them all as read, does that not count? I have to go through all of them myself?! I finished the game with only the Codex, two Biotic powers and I think maybe one more trophy left undone. If they’re that easy to get, I might boot up an old save sometime and try for it since I just started the ME2 portion of the trilogy.

You might have to actually open them

This is list of the Codex races for the achievement - see if you are missing any of them

Spoiler

Council races:
- Asari - story related, first meeting with the Council
- Salarian - story related, first meeting with the Council
- Turian - story related, during your first chat with Nihlus

Non-Council races:
- Batarian - before you leave the Citadel, talk with Anderson and use the Investigate (left) dialogue option
- Elcor - you can find one in the embassy next to the human office
- Geth - as soon as you meet Ashley, use the Investigate (left) dialogue option to ask her about the Geth
- Hanar - you can find a merchant in Citadel's Emporium who will tell you more about his race
- Keepers - you can use Avina terminal to learn more about them
- Krogan - automatically unlocks when Wrex is recruited
- Volus - you can find one in the embassy next to the human office
- Quarian - automatically unlocks when Tali is recruited

Extinct races:
- Protheans - I believe this one is the most missable as you have to use the Investigate (left) dialogue option during the meeting with Anderson and Nihlus that happens at the beginning of the game (before landing on Eden Prime)
- Rachni - one of the early points to learn more about Rachni is to ask Avina that's located close to the Krogan statue close to the Citadel's Emprium

• Thanks 1

The last 5 or so hours I just blasted through because I got real tired of the fucking Mako and some of these planets you have to drive through. I much prefer the ME2 system of sending probes and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Robert C said:

At the rate y’all are going you’ll be finished with ME3 before I hit Feros or Noveria. 

I literally just started Feros tonight

Promptly got the bug where your squadmates stop taking orders (or even following you)

So I am taking a break for the moment

• Like 1

If you have a save from when you fighting Geth - you can just load that up a few times

I am running double tech on Feros in the hopes of knocking them all out before I leave this fucking planet

Weird thing on PS5, where the remaining ME1 trophies are only showing when I press the PS button on the controller during ME2 gameplay. I just had a rage quit during the “close the shutters” part of the Archangel mission, so we’ll see if the correct trophies show when I go back to it later.

10 hours ago, Ace said:

Nope!

Also, I found out I could kill Conrad in ME1 accidentally. I guess I can stop collecting the Matriarch stuff.

So, I need to know. Is Conrad just a good dude, but a weirdo fan, or is he trying to steal your identity somehow by getting your autograph, then your picture, etc.?

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If you have a save from when you fighting Geth - you can just load that up a few times.

12 hours ago, Casey said:

Well fuck, besides Neural Shock that's the only I need.

There are plenty of opportunities for you to use AI Hacking against the Geth during the Incursion in the Herschel system.  Just remember that you may have to engage them on foot rather than use the Mako if you want to spam your powers and they have plenty of cover and firepower.   Watch yourself as you approach the Geth bases.

Also, you can't hack anything stronger than a Destroyer or a Juggernaut with Advanced skill.  You need Master level if you are going to hack something as strong as an Armature.

If you are done with the incursion mission, handed the data over to Tali and still haven't unlocked the achievement, take Tali to Ilos with you.  There are lots of Geth and frankly the AI Hacking talent may save your ass a few times.  During the fight with Saren Prime, you can hack the Geth Troopers that come to help him.

If you want to secure more opportunities to get your hacks in, spam the power as often as you can and just let the Geth fight each other until they all kill themselves.  Don't shoot them or use your squad powers while they are in combat.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I like how I've been retconned from DVDVR ME history (like I was Fresh). 

?

No one retconned you.  I always bring up the fact that you seem to prefer stopping bullets with your chest rather than hide behind cover.

Edited by J.T.

I forgot about the fate of the dude who first greets you when you get to Zhu's Hope and I can't stop giggling

I am a horrible person

I forgot how fast money comes in ME1.  I ran around doing a bunch of side missions, and didn't really pay attention to how much I had.  Now I've got Shepard, Tali, and Wrex all kitted out with level 7 Specter gear.  Just need to find some decent armor and Savant amps/tool, and I'm good.  Meanwhile I still haven't made it to Liara, Feros or Noveria.  Gonna leave Liara to the end.  She annoyed the crap out of me in the first game.  If I could, I'd leave her embracing eternity till ME2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

See! I wasn't going crazy!

I finally had to take him on some "major" side missions to make sure it triggered

Yeah, Wrex is bugged for the do 5 missions deal.  I got some folks accidentally while wandering around the citadel the first time.  I must've done 20 missions with Wrex before I got his.

Yeah, I finally got Wrex's trophy when I finished the first mission on Feros. I'm not sure what the hell took it so long, but it finally got in there.

I kind of wish that EA had put in a way to figure out exactly how many missions you took each squad member throughout the course of the game. I don't track that sort of stuff myself but I'd be curious to see how it breaks down.

Edited by Gonzo

41 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Yeah, I finally got Wrex's trophy when I finished the first mission on Feros. I'm not sure what the hell took it so long, but it finally got in there.

I kind of wish that EA had put in a way to figure out exactly how many missions you took each squad member throughout the course of the game. I don't track that sort of stuff myself but I'd be curious to see how it breaks down.

I know how mine will break down. 

Kaiden - however many missions there are till I can get Garrus

Ashley - same, except swap Garrus for Wrex

Garrus - part of one mission, then gets swapped for Tali

Liara - go sit in a corner

Tali/Wrex - rest of the game once I got them 

I really need to change things up

(also, I truly appreciated that my phone auto corrected when I mistyped “things” as “thongs” in the previous sentence. That one letter makes quite the difference)

Made sure to equip the anti-Thorian gas as soon as I got it so I don't forget like I have done before.

Though I have found that I tend to be more accurate when I just melee everyone