DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing the (soon-to-be-named) stadium is part of the deal.

But even so, $1.6B is absolutely ridiculous, yes.  It would mean the Yankees could probably fetch $10 Billion easy. 

Considering the Yanks are valued at 3.4 billion - yes $10 billion is the starting price

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also remember (which fits in with the TV Deal)

Seattle #14 Media Market

Miami #16 Media Market

San Diego #28 Media Market

Also this

marlinshr.jpg

That's at least another $300 M on its own.

• Like 1

Just for the record - the Pirates and Andrew McCutchen officially hate each other now

For most of his eight seasons with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Andrew McCutchen thought he'd be the one to decide if he needed to move out of center field. But a few weeks ago, when the time arrived to make that move, he learned something shocking:

He didn't have a vote.

When the Pirates abruptly informed him last month that he was about to shift over to right field this season, "it wasn't an 'ask,'" McCutchen said Friday morning, on the first day of what could be his last spring training as a Pirate. "It was more of a 'say.' It was, 'I have to move there.'"

And that was difficult to accept, the longtime face of the Pirates admitted Friday -- for many reasons.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, SorceressKnight said:

On the plus side, if this happens, we'll be rid of Jeffrey Loria in baseball. There is THAT...

No, he'll likely attend Bluejays games.

On 2/16/2017 at 2:16 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing the (soon-to-be-named) stadium is part of the deal.

But even so, $1.6B is absolutely ridiculous, yes.  It would mean the Yankees could probably fetch $10 Billion easy. 

When buying things from NY, I always adjust upwards a tad, but that's ridiculous.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

When buying things from NY, I always adjust upwards a tad, but that's ridiculous.

IF the Yankees, Cowboys or Lakers ever went on the market, the bidding would be so insane I'm not sure you could put a lid on the final price....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

IF the Yankees, Cowboys or Lakers ever went on the market, the bidding would be so insane I'm not sure you could put a lid on the final price....

Yep.  Barring the TV bubble finally popping soon - IF the Yankees were on the market and the stadium and network rights were in the deal, I would imagine the Steinbrenner family would laugh at $10 B as the starting price.  You're probably looking around $25 B for those three franchises and maybe the Celtics, Red Sox, Cubs and Dodgers (if the Dodgers ever get their TV issues straightened out).

I want to throw the Knicks in there but I'm pretty sure Dolan has devalued the franchise too much.

Brandon Barnes and Ichiro~! collided in the outfield while doing fly ball drills.  Barnes was fine but Ichiro is out for about a week. Amazingly, this is the first time(!) in his 16 year career that Ichiro required training room treatment. 

Afterwards, the rest of the team pranked Barnes by cleaning out his locker and taping a hand-written note from Ichiro telling him he'd been cut and wishing him good luck in Korea.

Ichiro is savage. 

• Like 3