DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

I am not certain if this is to make Dolfan happy or to piss off Rippa.  Either way.

Romneys, who bid on Marlins, in talks to buy piece of Yankees

Mitt and Tagg Romney and family are bidding to buy a small stake in the Yankees months after their try for the Marlins stalled.

They’re expected to pay $25 million to $30 million per point and thought to be interested in one or two points. The Yankees are valued around $3 billion or more.

The Romneys are said to have offered $1.4 billion many months back to buy the Miami Marlins. But that appears to be off the table now, as the Romneys are talking about buying a very small piece of the Yankees instead.

“No comment,” said Marlins president David Samson on the Romneys’ try for the Marlins.

If Romney completes the purchase of the Yankees piece, that would seem to take him out of the Marlins picture. There are multiple other groups showing interest in the Marlins, sources say.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18737245/mlb-union-agree-get-rid-traditional-intentional-walkwill-use-signal-dugout

Looks like the automatic intentional walk is gonna happen. If they're so concerned with pace of play how about clamping down on all the bullshit Zybszko-esque stalling pitchers and hitters do in between pitches?

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Don't care for them, but that would seem like a much smarter investment.

expecting.gif?w=780

Two points: 

1. The Marlins have as many World Series victories as do the Yankees in the last 15 years. 

2. Shut up. 

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

expecting.gif?w=780

Two points: 

1. The Marlins have as many World Series victories as do the Yankees in the last 15 years. 

2. Shut up. 

Yeah.  Don't crush Dolfan while his his hopes are high for the Trump family infestation.

I kid.  I kid because I love.  Marlins Monument?

marlinshr.jpg

Suggestions for hand-sign for managers to use to signal for IBB:

• Four fingers in "Live Long and Prosper" Spock-grip.
  • Four Horseman-style four fingers while saying "Wooooooooooooooooo". I'd also settle for the videoboard/PA to play an accompanying "Woooooooooooo".

On 3/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, RIPPA said:

David Price is having a MRI due to elbow soreness.

Some folks *cough* Jim Bowden *cough* have already have made the leap to Tommy John

As a follow-up to this, David Price is apparently a mutant.   He's been told he has a "unique elbow" and does not need surgery.

There is no timetable for his return.   Adjust your fantasy draft accordingly.