DVDVR Message Board

THE TOP 360 GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME~!

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

Only two of us voted for Tombstone, shame on all y'all.

I don't think Tombstone is so much a great film as it is a collection of some truly great scenes. Michael Biehn and Val Kilmer steal every scene that either of them is in, possibly to the detriment of the over-all story. Kilmer's Doc Holliday is one for the ages and Michael Biehn is sublime as Johnny Ringo. It's hard to make guys like Powers Boothe, Kurt Russell and Sam Elliot afterthoughts, but that's exactly what Kilmer and Biehn do. "Play for blood?"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I watched Tombstone knowing the cult and public consensus around it and was thoroughly unimpressed.

"I want your blood and I want your soul, and I want 'em both now!"

1776 is pretty good and I very much dislike musicals. 

Also it's starting to look like me and execproducer should be friends.

Watching this list unfold is almost as painful as the first or second time I did March Madness.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

1776 is pretty good and I very much dislike musicals. 

Also it's starting to look like me and execproducer should be friends.

Watching this list unfold is almost as painful as the first or second time I did March Madness.

March Madness has always been a time of sadness as El Samurai never made the finals.

54 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Am I the only one vastly amused that "Inglorious Bastards" placed higher than "The Dirty Dozen"?

If The Dirty Dozen had Christoph Waltz chewing scenery like his life depended on it, then I would have had a choice on my hands.

Okay - what happened was, I put Ed's vote under the remake not the original. As you can see - putting it into the correct column shot up the real version of the film into its proper place.

So everything that I had posted after 302 (so 25 movies) moves up one slot. (Meaning Persona is now #277 and the first one I post tomorrow will be #276)

Again - I will renumber the master list so that will look like I am not an idiot

1. I feel terrible being the COWARD~! I am posting here

2. I feel far better knowing that as this goes on, making this list would have made my brain explode in retrospect

3. I want some of these goddamn alternate posters SO BAD. The Platoon one would be on my wall right now.

dearzachary

274) DEAR ZACHARY: A LETTER TO A SON ABOUT HIS FATHER (2008)

Director: Kurt Kuenne

123 Points (2 Votes) - HIGH VOTE: SKOS (#10) - ADDITIONAL VOTE: New Blood

IMDB : ROTTEN TOMATOES (94%) : METACRITIC (82)

Criterion Collection: NO

Previous DVDVR Poll Placement: 207 (2000s)

spring-summer-fall-winter-and-spring-movie-poster-2003-1020477311

271) SPRING, SUMMER, FALL, WINTER... and SPRING (Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom) (2003)

Director: Ki-duk Kim

126 Points (3 Votes) - HIGH VOTE: Death From Above (#30) - ADDITIONAL VOTES: Jae, RIPPA

IMDB : ROTTEN TOMATOES (95%) : METACRITIC (85)

Criterion Collection: NO

Previous DVDVR Poll Placement: 64 (2000s)

• Like 1