DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

Public social media outing people as sociopaths might be its only real value to the world. People just can't resist touching that element on the stove.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

SNL continues the Presidential stunt-casting trend. Jim Carrey's going to be Biden for this season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, Ace said:

SNL continues the Presidential stunt-casting trend. Jim Carrey's going to be Biden for this season.

If you like the Fire Marshall Bill  character but want it without the burn marks then it was his Biden

SNL has cancelled Morgan Wallen as their musical guest for next week after he posted videos on his TikTok showing he was socializing in Alabama at bars and house parties without masking or social distancing.  

That was a pretty high-quality "worked shoot" there on Weekend Update between Colin Jost and Kate McKinnon with that Dr. Weknowthis character and McKinnon's "Of course I'm not." Even though the moment itself wasn't for real, it sure felt like it was coming from an honest place. 

• Like 5

Jack White and Daru Jones were absolutely incredible. I got tingles a couple times.

Bill Burr's standup sounded a little unpolished but funny. I was popped when he linked his overpopulation obsession to Covid.

Not a lot of great sketches tho. They even did a rehash of the Will Ferrell Crate & Barrel/Cracker Barrel routine from a while back but with Kate McKinnon just laughing through it.