DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

When I was reading Storm of Swords, years ago, I couldn't help but picture Oberyn as looking a lot like Eddy Guererro.

BRONN VS. THE HOUND: BEST USE OF THE WORD "CUNT"

This week:

"Rat cunts. Fucking whore." The Hound reminiscing around the old campfire about this family. 

Meanwhile Bronn went and got civilized so we may need a new cunt challenger.

The Hound must surely be the all time number one cuntererer on television even despite the valiant challenge from Bronn throughout though? Of course, Ellis Albert Swearengen once asked the whores, on their way to a child's funeral no less, if their underarms were clean and their cunts braided. Junior Soprano once said his nephew was a cunt hair away from running all of North Jersey and he was that cunt hair. This may be a closer contest than I had first thought, I look forward to The Hound cementing his place as King of the Cunt though.

That's a lot of cunts for my first paragraph in my first post. I do apologise.

Something about the way dude who plays The Hound delivers his lines cracks me up every time too, guy is hysterical. Even a somewhat minor scene like the one from couple weeks back where he shit all over Arya's water dancing ('greatest swordsman who ever lived killed by Meryn fucking Trant?!') had me in stitches for a week and a day. As a complete non book reader and non visitor to the book thread, not sure how book readers feel about the portrayals on the show but, overall, aside from one or two exceptions, it's a fucking immense ensemble cast.

Bronn/Tyrion, Oberyn/Tyrion, Hound/Arya, Brienne/Pod/Kidney Pie, all great stuff this week. My eyes glaze over somewhat with most of the stuff involving Jon Snow though. And not just because he knows nothing.

• Like 1

Something about the way dude who plays The Hound delivers his lines cracks me up every time too, guy is hysterical. Even a somewhat minor scene like the one from couple weeks back where he shit all over Arya's water dancing ('greatest swordsman who ever lived killed by Meryn fucking Trant?!') had me in stitches for a week and a day. As a complete non book reader and non visitor to the book thread, not sure how book readers feel about the portrayals on the show but, overall, aside from one or two exceptions, it's a fucking immense ensemble cast.

I think the best part is how he veers from total unconcern to passive aggressive taunting.  Sometimes he's just stone-cold dead inside and is there to dispense the cold hard truth...and then all of the sudden he gets all pissy about something and starts mocking Arya, but it's so obviously out of his own weird issues.

He's got to be the most complex character on the show.  One of the few "strong" characters to have maybe a glimpse, somewhere on the horizon of their mind, of a more moral world.  But not so much as to be hampered by it like Jon Snow or Tyrion, and born into a body built for Westeros rather than that "other" world they seem to believe in.

So, unlike so many others, he knows there is better.  He's just not compelled to act on it.  He's a genuinely poetic character and he's so great I have no doubt he'll be dead soon. Sadly, this is still Arya's story, and two seasons with one guide is too many.  She'll be moving on soon and that's not good for our beloved Hound.

The Hound must surely be the all time number one cuntererer on television even despite the valiant challenge from Bronn throughout though? Of course, Ellis Albert Swearengen once asked the whores, on their way to a child's funeral no less, if their underarms were clean and their cunts braided. Junior Soprano once said his nephew was a cunt hair away from running all of North Jersey and he was that cunt hair. This may be a closer contest than I had first thought, I look forward to The Hound cementing his place as King of the Cunt though.

Good point about the cunterers. Apropos of very little, I'd say the best fuckerers on TV are Artie from the Larry Sanders Show and Batiatus from Spartacus.

It's a shame Archie Bunker never had the free rein to compete in these kinds of things.

EDIT:  Is it "free rein" like the reins of a horse, or "free reign" like be the reigning king of your own life?

OUT OF NOWHERE PAUL DINELLO TAKDES THE GODDAMMIT CROWN:

Seriously, you guys...he is the winner here:

Why am I not watching Strangers with Candy 24 hours a day?  WHAY AM I NOT ALLOWEF TOPAY $9.99 a MONTH FOR A DTRANGERS WITH CANDY NETWORK STREAMING ON MY DEVICESSS!?

Before they were on Game of Thrones:

Missed a couple of my favourites though. Stannis' wife:

Good film that.

Thoros of Myr: