DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling: Turning Point Spoilers for 8/25/16

*Taped for Xplosion: Eli Drake def. Braxton Sutter

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing August 25, 2016 from Orlando, FL

*Mike Bennett wins the Open Invitational Battle Royal for a title shot against Lashley when he eliminated Moose & Eddie Edwards together to win. Lashley did commentary for the match.

*Broken Matt Hardy & Brother Nero come out for a promo. Decay interrupt and surround the ring leading to a match..

*Abyss (w/ Crazzy Steve & Rosemary) def. Jeff Hardy (w/ Broken Matt Hardy) after Rosemary spit mist in Jeff's face when he went up top.

*Allie def. Sienna, Madison Rayne, Marti Bell, & Jade in a no DQ match to win the TNA Knockouts Championship after Marti knocked Alile on top of Madison for the pin.

*Eli Drake hosts The Fact of Life with the X Division wrestlers (DJ Z, Mandrews, Rockstar Spud, Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, & Braxton Sutter) where they set up a match for next week that will crown the new X Division Champion.

*Ethan Carter III def. Drew Galloway in a match where Aron Rex was special guest referee, to keep his BFG title shot. After the match, EC3 & Drew shake hands but then after EC3 leaves, Drew snaps and attacks Aron Rex, laying him out after ramming him repeatedly in to the steel steps.

2 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

So after dominating to become Triple Crown Champion, Lashley just says "fuck it" and they're crown a new champion like nothing happened? Sigh.

Kinda disappointed by that as well. I wanted Lashley to defend all three, awesome visual of him with all the gold. I wish he would've gotten to become champ in Bellator too then won all the TNA titles.

Super entertaining show. Battle royal was fun with Lashley being awesome on commentary adding a ton to it. Lashley's on fire at all aspects, him vs Bennett should be good. Liked the small putting over of Jessie Godderz and him making the final four, he's been impressive. Loved everything Hardyz/Decay, this feud is going to rule. Abyss/Brother Nero had a pretty good match with a solid amount of time. Broken Matt is always the best and thought all of Decay did really well on the mic too, Rosemary is perfect in her role. Allie has become one of my favorite characters in wrestling, I find her gimmick hilarious, especially her post match promo. Equally great as usual is Eli Drake who was hysterical again with the Fact of Life.

Excellent main event of EC3/Drew. Great stuff from both guys and I dug the finish coming out of nowhere after both guys kept coming. Drew's celtic cross on the steps looked brutal and busting out the Tombstone was a nice near fall as was EC3's One Percenter off the 2nd rope. In 2010, Drew was my favorite heel in wrestling, this year I thought he was the best babyface in the ring so now it will be interesting to see him back as a heel after his fantastic face work the past year+.

I turned it on because there was, aside from The Simpsons, literally nothing else on TV to watch and landed right at the beginning of Broken Matt coming out. My attention fluctuated (what, you want me to pay attention to TNA? I was busy looking up who the fuck Decay were) but why was there blood on Matt's face at the end? Decay have facepaint like Gorgoroth but come out to Marilyn Manson, and Abyss is missing like five of his bottom teeth. I'm very confused here.

55 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I turned it on because there was, aside from The Simpsons, literally nothing else on TV to watch and landed right at the beginning of Broken Matt coming out. My attention fluctuated (what, you want me to pay attention to TNA? I was busy looking up who the fuck Decay were) but why was there blood on Matt's face at the end? Decay have facepaint like Gorgoroth but come out to Marilyn Manson, and Abyss is missing like five of his bottom teeth. I'm very confused here.

He tackled Crazy Stephen because he was the one in his premonition who tried to kidnap his son (Don't....don't ask) and bit his ear.  The problem is with all the makeup, mist and fake blood, it was hard to tell that Steve's ear was supposed to be bloody.

I liked the little EC3/Galloway sit-down on the roof. Since they tape so many weeks in advance, they have to come up with creative filler. It's a wrestling rule that if there's a pool or a body of water, someone must go in it so I'm glad TNA got it right and EC3 went in the pool.

The match was pretty good but I didn't really buy the flash pin as the finish. You're two super strong guys hitting and countering all sorts of big moves but Galloway can't escape that pin? The One Percenter off the middle rope would have been a great finish.

Lashley continues to be one of the best characters in wrestling. His little chat with Moose was perfect.

All the titles came off more as props in this episode. That was the major negative to me.

• Like 2

Pretty fun show, liked what they did.  The major gripe I have is the way they're Russo'ing the women's title.  Knowing the spoilers it's odd that Allie won in that way considering next week.  But I adore her so, so much and was pleased to see her win it anyway.  It's possible she's really good at pulling off this character and I read too much into it.  But it seemed like the reaction of the woman behind the Allie character was coming through in that.  Either way it was a cool moment, and I loved her post-match interview when Maria was brought up.

I still love the Broken Matt Hardy deal, but feel they should be kept out of the ring as much as possible.  More skits outside the ring would be preferred at this point.  They would have to do some pretty interesting stuff to make this feud with Decay seem like a big deal, and the Impact Zone is definitely not the place to do that.

I did love the EC3/Galloway pool segment.  It had an air of believability which I appreciated.  It was two friends trying to figure out where it went wrong, but are still not above having a drink together.  I'm so stealing the Henning toast and might even try that tonight when I go out.  But it was a cool segment that led up to a good match.  I liked that you get Galloway when he was still relatively cool only to contrast that with him losing his mind post-match.  Aron wasn't needed as special ref, yet it was the right way to get a feud started between him and Galloway.  Fun show all-around.

• Like 2

Man, that Knockouts match was just an overbooked mess. But I can overlook it since they're going somewhere with the Allie storyline. But what happened to all of their entrance themes!?! That Madison went from Killer Queen to that is a crime lol

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 1:28 PM, NickMD said:

I still love the Broken Matt Hardy deal, but feel they should be kept out of the ring as much as possible.  More skits outside the ring would be preferred at this point.  They would have to do some pretty interesting stuff to make this feud with Decay seem like a big deal, and the Impact Zone is definitely not the place to do that.

I think the biggest problem with the current Broken Matt/Brother Nero thing is that Jeff isn't entirely willing to commit to his character being a nut like Matt.  He still leads the crowd in chanting his name, plays to the crowd, sings along to his theme music.  He says stuff like "I'm still a creature!" to keep his fanbase cheering for him, whereas I think they'd be even MORE into him if he went all Broken Matt, totally over the top and not playing to the crowd.  The other thing I think with the angle that is not hitting is that Jeff is able to handle Decay all by himself until there's too much cheating.  There's not a lot of suspense in whether or not Matt helps him because Decay can barely handle Jeff without multiple misting spots and cheating spots.

• Like 2

Decay vs. Broken Matt/Brother Nero is the feud of the century. It has the Hardy Boyz "Tommy Wiseau of Crappy Wrestling" motif versus some 1996 Manson teens. It's so wonderful to watch a feud from my e-fed circa 1998 come to real life before my eyes. It's sublimely entertaining.

• Like 2