DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Guest The Magnificent 7

Who cleans a gun without making sure there is no live rounds in it?

People who think the four rules aren't for them, i.e. ignorant or arrogant people.

My hope is that Silva and Diaz spends most of the fight dancing around doing their "come on fight like a man" strategy that has been so so successful in the past.  And then people call it the greatest fight in MMA history BECAUSE OF THE PROMOS

I can't think of a worse TUF winner in history other than Smith.  Not really by his post-TUF career but the guys he fought as well.

All the respect in the world for him fighting for our country, but it sort of annoyed me where he said "Fighting is easy."  Listen, I think you just can't compare being an MMA fighter to actual combat in a warzone.  Obviously it is not as easy as Smith thought it was.

Healy needs to go back on the regional scene and see if he can find his confidence again. 

Has there been any news on when TJ Grant is coming back, I can't believe it's been over a year since his last fight. 

He heard he has been targeting the show in Halifax since that's his hometown but nothing official yet.

As far as Healy goes, I don't even think it's a confidence issue. People just have to accept who he is. It's one thing to have a few solid performances in a smaller promotion and get by on sheer toughness. Hell, I would say he would have fit in perfectly in Bellator right after Strikeforce with their group of not particularly athletic set of white guys who get by on "grit" (Cooper, Rickels, Woodard). He would have won a few tournament fights here and there. But there is only so much you can do with that schtick in UFC, especially being matched tough. If he goes to Bellator now, he might be a designated job guy now instead of random tournament finalist. At least in the UFC, you get the added benefit of facing another guy off a loss and possibly winning coin when no one else on the show does jackshit. In Bellator, they might put him against prospects he can beat because of experience. However, there is that other side of the coin where someone might put his face on backwards on Spike.com and Pat becomes the "what ever happen to this guy" fighter like Ryan Healy did.

You could be right but I will say this.  When he came in and beat Miller, that was pretty huge.  He was probably the underdog in that fight and beat the guy and finished him, something we rarely see happen to Miller.  Plus he took home a small fortune in bonus money that he had taken away from him all because he decided to smoke a joint three weeks out.  He lost $130K and the biggest win of his professional career all because of one lousy joint.

According to Tristen Critchfield, the mystery UFC 178 fight is Donald Cerrone vs. Eddie Alvarez. It should be noted that Alvarez was not present for the Bellator Dave and Buster's NYC media appearance yesterday.

Guest Edwin

Alvarez has one more fight on his contract, but Ariel tweeted they're wiling to let him walk if he wants to.

I guess its better to move your division onto the future where it's going to be long term instead of holding someone hostage.  Right now they can just promote Brooks to full champion and not have any egg on their face as a promotion.  If Eddie beats Brooks then flys the coop then Bellator has no champ at all and then the top two guys in their LW division with Chandler and Brooks will both have already lost to Alvarez in their last fights against him.  Making their champ seem like nothing more then a paper champ.