DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

If anyone cares, here's the cast for TUF Latin America.

TEAM VELASQUEZ
Bantamweight

Marco Beltran (5-2), 27, Morelia, Mexico

Henry Briones (13-4), 33, Tijuana, Mexico

Alejandro Dominguez (22-6), Tlatenango, Mexico

Jose Quinonez (10-1), 23, Tlatenango, Mexico

Featherweight

Gabriel Benitez (16-4), 25, Tijuana, Mexico

Masio Fullen (6-4), 27, Guadalajara, Mexico

Yair Rodriguez (2-1), 22, Parral, Mexico

Rodolfo Rubio (12-6), 27, DF, Mexico

TEAM WERDUM
Bantamweight

Guido Cannetti (5-1), 34, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Fredy Serrano (1-0), 34, Bogota, Colombia

Bentley Syler (5-0), 31, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia

Marlon Vera (5-1), 22, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Featherweight

Humberto Brown (4-4), 29, Panama City, Panama

Leonardo Morales (4-0), 21, Managua, Nicaragua

Diego Rivas (5-0), 22, Temuco, Chile

Alex Torres (1-1), 25, Bogota, Colombia

The way FRB and Meltzer were selling it, they said it was somebody that would draw PPV buys. That makes a pretty short list of GSP, Ronda, Gina, Anderson, and Diaz.

I can't see Anderson or Ronda being cleared to fight yet, and Carano allegedly needs more than 2 months. 

Anderson is cleared to fight, but he wants to fight Super Saturday.

From what Meltzer said on Observer radio, it sounds like Carano booked a major gig more than the direct-to-video garbage she was just in. If it's one of those superhero movies, then they definitely don't want her getting hurt before filming.

Guest Edwin

Bellator has signed Japanese punching bag bantamweight and one of the funnest fighters in the history of MMA, Hideo Tokoro.

Also KID has withdrawn from the fight with Faber so Masanori Kanehara makes his long awaited UFC debut in Japan only to get choked out by Faber.

Wow, that doesn't scream of "two guy who didn't want to win ended up winning so now they fight each other."

Green, yes. I am not sure about Masvidal because Cruickshank really hasn't beat a legit good LW. He beat a really decent FW, but I think they know Masvidal is the much better all around fighter.

If I could write in proper English, that sentence would read "two guys who we didn't want to win..."  

I think they were pretty high on Cruickshank as pre-fight Joe and Goldie were alllllll "Daron, Daron, Daron!" About mid-way when it became obvious Jorge was winning, they had to slow it down.

If I could write in proper English, that sentence would read "two guys who we didn't want to win..."  

I think they were pretty high on Cruickshank as pre-fight Joe and Goldie were alllllll "Daron, Daron, Daron!" About mid-way when it became obvious Jorge was winning, they had to slow it down.

They're high on many guys, but this was just one of those litmus test fights. He was a mid-tier LW fighting a guy who has been on the outer crust of the upper tier for a minute. He wins and he advances. But he didn't so he's stuck there for the moment. It's the same for people like Barboza, Jim Miller, Lauzon, Yves Edwards, Bocek, and Dunham. They always talk up the fighters who have exciting moments and/or fights. Would they like them one of those to finally win a big fight? Sure, especially considering we already know these fighters' stories. Does it mean they want them to win (meaning they put them in the safest style matchup possible) or think they will? Nope. The division is too tough to do that. You'll have your tuneup fights and gimmes, but we already know what those look like.

Looking at the Brasilia card lets me know that Efrain Escudero is back in the UFC. The UFC has made this the card you only watch if you're not at all interested in Mayweather vs. Maidana II undercard.