DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

...Has anybody outdrawn Rousey this year? I assume they put her and supposedly Carano over Melendez/Pettis.

The biggest confirmed PPV buys this year on record is Jones/Teixeira at 350,000 buys (although Weidman/Machida is rumored to be 500,000).

The thing with Ronda is, despite being the biggest draw, the UFC will probably always put her in a package deal situation if they can. It's a double edged sword when it comes to female MMA. I mean I heard folks about talk about Ronda vs. Carano doing more than 750k+ (750 is kinda crazy itself IMO). Carano is a big name for MMA, BUT she ain't worth 200,000 buys by herself. She'll get eyeballs on a television show in primetime, but she ain't ever been on PPV. TV ratings doesn't necessarily translate into big PPV dollars. Ask Vince McMahon about that. People will come over to watch, but I don't think most casual fans will see it more than what it is. Shit, Carano could have been mowing down girls in the interim. Still wouldn't have mattered. Rousey can be an effective draw IF you put her on a show with legitimate bouts. It doesn't have to be the UFC 168 lineup everytime, but the UFC has to remember this ain't the Iron Mike era where people were buying PPVs on a Monday. If you put Rousey vs. Carano on an island all by itself, people will streamed that shit (not that they wouldn't do it otherwise, but the pressure to pay for it is gone).

Cormier only has apparently 50% of his ACL left, but his doctor says he doesn't have to get surgery yet.  

So Cormier, don't fuck up your knee during training.  This is your shot.  Don't tweak your knee a week before the fight.

Jon Anik @Jon_Anik 17m

I'll be able to pronounce 'Jedrzejczyk' by tomorrow. #UFConFOX

Jon Anik @Jon_Anik 10m

OK. Just listened to the audio file of Joanna Jedrzejczyk. Now not so sure I'll be able to pronounce it by tomorrow. Man alive.

Pray for Anik, yall.

Like a battered wife, the UFC just announced a new 3 fight deal with Nick Diaz.

I predict he barely gets through one before he retires again.

Diaz has already said, "I'd like to fight for the title."  The saddest part?  Dana and Lorenzo will probably make it happen.