DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

It's much harder when you don't have an established relationship with the venue in Vegas. Unless they had Steve Wynn in their back pocket like Bob Arum, it would have been hard to sell tickets in a venue that size off the strip.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-UFC-to-Hold-Event-at-50000Seat-Stadium-in-Brazil-on-Oct-25-70923

Earlier today, I saw that FrontRowBrian tweeted Anderson vs. Nick Diaz is done but just needs a date. Well, going to Curitiba would be date and venue if anything. Weidman vs. Belfort (should Belfort get the go ahead tomorrow at the NSAC meeting) would be the main event I'm guessing.

I thought that the plan was for Anderson not to fight until late in the year, early 2015.  The event is in October, are we sure that he will be ready to fight that quickly?  If so that is a ridiculously quick rebound from injury considering how badly his leg broke.

I take back what I said about having NSAC hearings on Fight Pass.   This is such an awful mess in terms of coordination and the people involved.   How can we expect these people figure out the drug issues in the UFC when they can't even figure out how to work a conference call with a fighter  :lol:    Also most of the fighters are having hell of time with the "it says you have been arrested"  question

NSAC: You can fight as long as it's in Vegas and oh....you pay for your own random testing.

Belfort; Cool.

That, my friends, is how you keep the money on the table.

Here we go,  Let see how Chael gets away with this one.

He is definitely falling on the sword for this one.  He isn't even trying to bullshit his way out of this one.  Given how they gave Vitor a free pass I would thought he would have put up a better fight.  

So wait did Chael actually accept a job on the NSAC for a year to work on issues concerning drugs in MMA 

I mean I wouldn't think so but I can see it. There will be a middleweight or light heavyweight prospect that needs a "name" win in 2 years, and Chael Sonnen pushing 40 and off TRT will be there to take an ass whooping.

Man, I hope this is finally the end of the Chael "era" in the UFC.

Being a betting man, I would put hard money that Chael Sonnen is in a main event sometimes between August to December 2016.  he will get his butt handed to him but Dana is definitely going to throw him a bone.  Especially if he actually does work for the NSAC because you know he will be nothing more than Dana's mole.

So putting Rousey on 12/6 now makes her fight not even a co main event match unless they are switching more stuff around.  Doesn't say a lot about how much of a drawing power she really is