DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 2

Dolfan in NYC

Too lazy to create new post so copying from another site:

Great win for Michigan. Gardner gives Michigan their first real QB since Henne graduated. They're a 10-win team last year if he'd played the whole year. Except for one play,he was basically perfect tonight. Awesome. But that one play...

I've seen a lot of football in my lifetime and the pick he threw tonight is the single worst play by a QB I've ever seen. Running backward 15yards and then flinging a pick in your endzone is just awful. Worse than any Denard brain fart.

But I'll take it!

Oh, and excuse me while I laugh:

- at South Carolina coaches fighting on the side

line

- at USC for losing at home to Wazzu while scoring just 7points

- at Texas for getting beaten up - beaten up, not just beaten - by BYU.

Tommy Rees quite possibly has shit for brains. Brian Kelly has a pretty damn good group of RBs, and yet there was Tommy, throwing way more than he should have all because Kelly hit the panic button when the team was down by two touchdowns. What sucks even more is that the receiving corps is quite possibly even better than they were last year, but they've got this completely dead behind eyes bumblefuck at QB.

Can we just fast forward to when Zaire starts at QB?

Yeah, ND gashed Michigan repeatedly straight up the middle, so why throw so freaking often?

Even with Golson as QB, I don't think ND wins that game...maybe. There were too many times that players in the ND backfield were out of position. I think it was the first quarter, but Gardner's first big completion came when some ND DB was way, way, way out of position and had to run back to where he was supposed to be. Not only that, but after playing Shoelace so well last year, it looked like the ND defense was really unprepared for a QB with similar, or better, abilities.

Well, last year, Michigan had a lot of success moving the ball, they just kept turning it over after two or three solid plays.  It was ugly.

It's interesting how close the series has been the last several years (Michigan by 4, Michigan by 4, Michigan by 4, ND by 7, Michigan by 11) and yet how one-sided the results have been.