DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R2C: CESARO vs. RUSEV

MM16: 2nd RDC - CESARO vs. RUSEV  

114 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I love both these guys, but Cesaro was just better in-ring this past year, and Cesaro/Kidd vs. The New Day 2/3 falls was significantly better than anything Rusev did this year that I can think off. 

But yeah, either guy winning won't bug me, and if someone wanted to say that Rusev took a terrible angle and (along with Summer Rae) made it entertaining, and that should be a tiebreaker, I'd be in on that. 

Part of me wants to re-watch both guys against Cena, because those are all damn good matches (although my memory says the best Rusev/Cena match was Fastlane, which just barely misses the time period) but I think I'm leaning Rusev because of just how great he was in terrible situations.

This one surprises me. I had Cesaro going to the final 8. Killer tags with Kidd, the two big Cena matches, the Owens feud, couple good ones with Rollins, great matches in his last month with Sheamus and especially Reigns. I like Rusev but thought Cesaro had a stronger year, this is looking like even if he came back to win, he might not go as far as I was thinking. Whoever wins deserves the spot to go far.

I was lurking on PWO the other day and saw a post by Grimmas that argued that Kane really was the best feud for Bryan because no one else was really available (I'm paraphrasing), but it made me realize how badly, in hindsight, I wish they had strapped a rocket to the Cesaro/Heyman team and had that been Bryan's first feud.

I was lurking on PWO the other day and saw a post by Grimmas that argued that Kane really was the best feud for Bryan because no one else was really available (I'm paraphrasing), but it made me realize how badly, in hindsight, I wish they had strapped a rocket to the Cesaro/Heyman team and had that been Bryan's first feud.

The correct answer is Bray Wyatt, who cleanly beat Bryan at the Rumble. When Bray won that match, I was sure Bryan would win the Rumble, win the title at WM, and feud with Bray immediately after that. I got 33% of that prediction right.