DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: KONGO KONG vs. BIFF BUSICK

RIPPA

MM16: 1st RND: KONGO KONG vs. BIFF BUSICK  

90 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• KONGO KONG
    • BIFF BUSICK (Chris Girard)

I had no idea this particular contest would be so fucking hard.

Deep down, I just feel that a vote against Kongo Kong's gimmick is a vote against pro wrestling. 

How much of Dijak looking great in that match is due to Dijak being great?  I think it is more about Busick putting on a clinic personally, but that finish needed a lot of work.

BOLA got me into Biff.  Apparently it's also what got WWE into him.

And I know my vote for Kongo is somewhat based on intangibles (AKA TOTALLY IRRATIONAL SHIT~!) because Busick's BOLA stuff was fucking sweet.

The feeling that I am not throwing away my vote for Kongo brings me comfort.

I love Busick, but very little of his year stands out to me.  I have to think back to remember the matches of his that I really liked, and he's been invisible in NXT so far.  So even though he'll win easily, I voted for Kong because I can remember seeing Kong live and losing my shit for him, really liking him and Hero beating each other up, loving him in AAW, et. 

Yeah I remembered those after I thought about it for literally ten minutes.  I'm not even saying that to be a dick either.  I sat here and thought "shit I love Busick...but uh...what did he do?"  Part of that is that I don't care about PWG, and part of that is that he went to NXT and vanished as most do for a while when they report.  He's just out of site out of mind I guess which sucks because I do think he's awesome. 

It is not something that one can really vote upon - but I do find it really fascinating how they brought Busick into NXT and then pretty much went "Yeah - you are going to be our glue guy in helping to work with all these other guys we have hopes for"

Ever since the calendar flipped to 2016 - he has been in singles matches with Sombra (twice), Apollo Crews, Rich Swann, Elias Sampson, Levis Valenzuela Jr. (three times)

It is like that next evolution of the role that Jason Jordan had on Tough Enough

The person that they trust to go out there and do exactly what they want against guys they are trying to do something with.

Maybe that is me reading into things - but I have a feeling Girard could have a break out by say the end of the summer.

Biff was totally awesome in that PWG six man, it was like he had wanted to work in a crazy Super Dragon match his whole life and finally got a chance. I like Kong a ton too, this is a rough call for me, couldn't we have put one of these guys against one of the lame-o Big Japan heavyweights Dean super overrates?

Biff waiting for Super Dragon at the start of the guerrilla warfare match was perfect. Yelling so loud, rage flexing... The guy gets it and has an intensity that doesn't feel fake.

Gots to watch some Kongo Kong (who I think I'll like) though.

How are Girard's promos? I agree 100% about his intensity seeming legit. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in NXT. Hopefully he'll be in Charlotte.

No idea but six/seven years ago he was hilarious in Chaotic Wrestling doing a manly man gimmick.

"Stranded broad on the side of the road, looks like a job for the manliest man." I've been giggling for like 3 minutes since I heard that.

• Like 1