DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/11/16

victor

The Jericho program did wonders for Bray. The Wyatt's get squashed by Cena in a 3-1 handicapped match after Summerslam. Wyatt's get split up. They built him back up to feed him to Taker at WM. Wyatt's get put back together and a new member added. They lay out Kane and Taker, abduct them, get squashed on Raw a week later, and squashed at Survivor Series. Oh yes, things are going swimmingly for the Wyatt's.

The Jericho program did wonders for Bray. The Wyatt's get squashed by Cena in a 3-1 handicapped match after Summerslam. Wyatt's get split up. They built him back up to feed him to Taker at WM. Wyatt's get put back together and a new member added. They lay out Kane and Taker, abduct them, get squashed on Raw a week later, and squashed at Survivor Series. Oh yes, things are going swimmingly for the Wyatt's.

Yeah but it was Jericho who suggested all of that to Vince.

• Like 1

I didn't really remember either one.

I keep hoping they do something where Bray becomes the Undertaker's apprentice and a way to get rid of Brock.. But I don't think they trust anyone who debuted past 2009 to get over on Brock.

The guy that should have been built to be the one to get over on Brock is currently on the injured list, Cesaro. Oh yeah, but he didn't grab the brass ring and can't connect with fans, or whatever other bullshit Vince and his "yes men" believe.

I'm not anywhere near as "down" on Jericho as other people on here.

I haven't really liked anything Jericho has been involved in since his suit-wearing period.  The feud with HBK was fantastic and I enjoyed Jerishow more than I expected to (since it involved Show).  But... the guy has been wrestling for over 20 years and been in the WWE for the majority of that time, so it's to be expected.  I'm kinda wondering what people expect from him at this point?  He's still fairly entertaining compared to the other 40-something part-timers they trot out, 

Personally, I'd prefer to see Jericho on my tv in 2016 over, say, Rock, Undertaker, and the New Age Outlaws.  Throw Kane and Big Show in there as well and Jericho looks pretty good by comparison.

How much lower do you want to set that bar though? Cause that's really low, and I disagree with it since at Taker is a better performer now a days then Jericho is, and Rock can at least keep me entertained by talking.

My problem with Jericho other then him just being "okay" now is he is a part timer that hasn't gotten anyone new over since he became a part timer. The closest we got is Fandango, and that was "over a midcarder nobody cares about"

In that case, why do title changes happen at PPVs? They are clearly the less meaningful shows that they don't really care about, right?

There was this theory that X-Pac preferred to job on PPVs and get the win back on TV since more people were watching. The other side is that PPV matches have a longer shelf life. 

Holy shit they let AJ talk. I wonder if they'll dub over his voice? They are doing a really poor job building up midcard tier guys for Mania season. Owens is a job boy, and AJ is trading wins with Jericho. No one outside the top two or three matches is going to fell like a big deal. 

How much lower do you want to set that bar though? Cause that's really low, and I disagree with it since at Taker is a better performer now a days then Jericho is, and Rock can at least keep me entertained by talking.

My problem with Jericho other then him just being "okay" now is he is a part timer that hasn't gotten anyone new over since he became a part timer. The closest we got is Fandango, and that was "over a midcarder nobody cares about"

Nobody gets over in WWE. It's hardly a Jericho issue. At least he tries to do something productive.

Patrick keeps hammering this home and I think it deserves attention: AJ's first lost should have been a bigger deal instead of this 50/50 booking bullshit happening on a SD. I mean, consider this, in the week or so leading up to this match, Jericho has repeated the, "you beat me once, you're good, beat me twice, and you're great" stuff, which, to us, means little since Jericho's time has come and gone, but for others, it does mean something. So AJ falls victim to 50/50 booking and isn't great because Jericho said so. How weak is that? And clean too. Trading wins and 50/50 booking makes everyone look average as hell and it helps no one. It's especially damaging in this case because AJ can't even get a word in edgewise.

So now we likely head into Fastlane with these two squaring off again with AJ winning. It's the same tired pattern of booking that WWE has exercised for 16 or 17 years now. Plant your fucking flag and just say, "no, AJ is winning because we're going to push him and make him look strong" and then fucking do it. No trading wins to look competitive, just winning to make him look like something special.