DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 1-18-16

MGFanJay

Stephanie McMahon is a heel and yet everything she said to Jericho backstage had me nodding my head in agreement. Jericho has worn out his welcome and I am not sure how anyone can defend him in 2016. Is there really ANYONE on the roster who can benefit from trading wins with Jericho or even rubbing elbows with him at this point? If there are some people like that on the roster (and I have no idea who that would be), Jericho doesn't want to work with them. Jericho's last run (and this one so far) have been a too Inside Baseball for me to give a shit about. Factor in that he is stale as shit and its just boring T.V. Hopefully Jericho has his retirement match this year and never appears on WWE TV again.

I know what WWE was going for at the end there, but it doesn't work when most everyone involved in cold.LoN are barely over and The Wyatts are in the process of getting re-heated. Lesnar is over and Reigns can still go either way depending on the city and/or his opponent. If everyone in that final segment was protected, it would've been explosive.

Random Musings:

Alicia Fox needs to stop wearing weaves. Outside of Namoi, Fox's is the most obvious and is the worse. There is nothing wrong with going natural. A paradigm shift is needed.

Natalya needs new gear. I don't like the middle-aged soccer mom dominatrix look on her. Toss in the drag-queen like makeup job and its just a loss all around.

The New Day funeral was good.

Everyone worked hard in that 8 man, but the crowd could not haven given a shit either way. Those are the types of matches WWE should probably save for Smackdown where WWE is free to pipe in as much crowd noise as possible. I didn't get the same 'the white man got the pin' feeling like some, but meh.

The Vince/Stephanie stuff was just bad and didn't need to happen. Its segments like that (and the Stephanie/Jericho backstage encounter) that reminds me that Raw is 3 hours long and WWE has no idea on how to fill it. The show moves at such an awkward pace.

Becky needed that match and promo on Monday. As its stands right now she is one of 2 faces going into The Rumble hot.

Naomi needs to think outside the box and hopefully quickly come to the conclusion that acting/dressing 'ghetto' is something that black women need less of on national TV. I am not sure how much of that is her and how much of it is WWE, but its something I would like to see changed.

"What if the Royal Rumble comes down to Brock Lesnar vs. Chris Jericho?"

If that ends with anything other than Brock snapping Jericho's spine like he's M. Bison at the beginning of Street Fighter, then I'm going to be disappointed.

Poor Tyler Breeze. :(

I get that Jericho is in two forms of entertainment, which are WAY over the top, but for some reason chose David Lee Roth as the guy he wanted to emulate. Not who I would have chosen, but different strokes for different folks. 

I thought the end segment was pretty great.

1) A lot of people were complaining about how predictable the Rumble is. Maybe. But now Bray showed up with his minions and entered the fray as a serious competitor.

2) He got a lot of boos at the end. The crowd wanted to see Brock and Roman get into it. Or Brock toss dudes into Suplex City. The Wyatts deprived the fans of what they wanted to see. That's heeling right there. It got the intended reaction.

Maybe you don't take The Wyatts seriously as a threat. Mind you, the only losses Bray et. al. have had were against The Undertaker (twice), John Cena and Roman Reigns. That's like saying Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Junior and Mike Trout hit home runs off of you. Maybe it doesn't make you Sandy Koufax, but it doesn't make you some random middle reliever.

He's hardly lost "every feud." Bray beat everyone else in the end -- Daniel Bryan, Jericho, Dean Ambrose, Team ECW, The Shield.

Someone on Reddit posted a reminder to something Jericho said on his podcast right before or around the time he came back, which was that he had something big planned out and a creative way to return. The guy from Reddit remarked about the dirty looks Jericho gave Roman and Ambrose awhile ago and that maybe this is Jericho's way of turning heel.

Maybe you don't take The Wyatts seriously as a threat. Mind you, the only losses Bray et. al. have had were against The Undertaker (twice), John Cena and Roman Reigns. That's like saying Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Junior and Mike Trout hit home runs off of you. Maybe it doesn't make you Sandy Koufax, but it doesn't make you some random middle reliever.

Also, you do a HORRENDOUS job of using sports analogies because there's been this and the comment you made about NFL and parity last week. Please use something else for your analogies. You're doing it wrong.

• Like 1

Also, you do a HORRENDOUS job of using sports analogies because there's been this and the comment you made about NFL and parity last week. Please use something else for your analogies. You're doing it wrong.

I come armed only with the truth that runs contrary to the "Bray hasn't beaten anyone" argument.

• Like 1

I come armed only with the truth that runs contrary to the "Bray hasn't beaten anyone" argument.

Except what you said had more to do with who has beaten Bray, not who he has beaten. In fact, you specifically cited who has beaten Bray.

• Like 1