DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

23 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Word on the street is that you definitely want to wear the Silver Shroud costume while doing Automatron missions

I gotta remember who I gave mine too. I think Piper has it.

I buried Ken in the Silver Shroud costume. Seems tacky to go get it now.

BTW - I didn't know this till yesterday

The Silver Shroud costume can be upgraded. Of course - Kent needs to be alive to upgrade it but still

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I didn't know this till yesterday

The Silver Shroud costume can be upgraded. Of course - Kent needs to be alive to upgrade it but still

Hell, that was the only armor I used for the entire game after I re-did things and kept Kent alive (well, until the final battle when I decided to give my BoS power armor a go). It gave my character a serious Carmen Sandiego vibe.

I wish I would've kept him alive. Didn't really care about upgrading the Silver Shroud armor once I was able to upgrade my Courser uniform to 150 damage resistance. I put it on Piper a while back when I sent her to a settlement and forgot about it. I got it back from her last night but found out you can't just upgrade it yourself using the ballistics weave.

I just plunged right on without thinking of the Silver Shroud stuff. I haven't really gotten into robot building so much yet, but I did finish the story.

I can't wait to spec out my first build ans make him a total badass.

Beat the Automatron quest line tonight. I thought it was short but fun overall, especially the Silver Shroud dialogue  when meeting the Mechanist. I think it was a missed opportunity not making the Mechanist a potential companion. Ada is fine but nothing to write home about compared to your regular companions. The robot making is pretty insane and deep. Still the lack of a Mr. Gutsy option and voice is disappointing. So far though I've made a a raider-esque Sentry bot for my raider-esque settlement in Starlight Drive-in, Sarge 2.0 for the Castle, and upgraded Codsworth just a pinch (fair warning, he does lose his ability to wear hats). This was a fun dlc though with how far into the game I'm in I think it will do even more for me whenever I do another play through.

18 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Fired up Fallout 4 on my Xbox One this morning and it told me I needed an update. Anybody know what this is about? I already have 1.4 and Automatron, and I couldn't google up anything about a new patch.

Most likely it is hot fixes related to Automatron

Game has unsurprisingly become a bit wonky after the last couple updates.  I've seen turrets pop up in weird places, where I know they're not supposed to be.  Yesterday I had a conversation with a settler outside of the Red Rocket settlement for one of the Minutemen quests.  Only the very top of their head was visible.  The rest of em was buried in the ground.

So I was wandering south from Sunshine Tidings, came across a hostile turret right next to the elevator there, so I blew it up. Was picking through the remains when out of nowhere a french accent asks

"Shouldn't a coroner be doing that?"

Turns out Curie had been stuck at the top of the elevator for what must have been weeks! Reunited at last.

I'm hoping it's the latter, because I just finished The Castle and I'm so not ready to be locked into one or the other yet.

I feel like my discipline of not using the mini nukes I collected finally paid off.  Those stupid hatchlings did more damage to me than the queen, which I just stood far away from and hurled two nukes (of course this is after blowing myself up by standing within the blast radius on my first try).

Your fine. Defend the Castle is about fending off a siege. Its a different quest that takes place later if you are doing the Minutemen ending.

So I just did Blind Betrayal. For a quest with no fighting that was pretty damn intense, like probably the most tension I've felt in the game. For some reason though I didn't get Danse's perk. Is there something more I need to do?

52 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Your fine. Defend the Castle is about fending off a siege. Its a different quest that takes place later if you are doing the Minutemen ending.

So I just did Blind Betrayal. For a quest with no fighting that was pretty damn intense, like probably the most tension I've felt in the game. For some reason though I didn't get Danse's perk. Is there something more I need to do?

You may not have a high enough affinity level with him. Have him as your companion and wherever your base of operations is go there and modify a weapon (he likes that) and get into your power armor (he likes that too). Sleep/wait and then repeat until he talks to you and gives you the perk.

I am very pleased to announce that after traveling all over the Commonwealth like a moron, itching for a fight with anything Legendary, I have finally found my lil' Holy Grail: that damned Explosive Shotgun.

Took me forever. Finally found it after killing a legendary mongrel (of all things). Now I just need to find some insane way to run up XP so I can increase the explosives perk and I am good to go.

Is there anyone anywhere who got that shotgun and didn't immediately rename it "boomstick"? It just seemed like a no-brainer to me.

• Like 2

You can name weapons?  I never knew that.  

I'm up to about level 53 now on my second playthrough.  Finally got through using my perks improve my stats and get all the armor/weapon/science crafting upgrades.  Now I can finally turn to adding combat related perks.  I'm really missing my explosive sniper rifle and shotgun from my first playthrough.  

Also, did Super Mutants always take hostages for ransom?  I don't ever remember that happening before the last couple updates.