DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Really don't know why I never thought to take a hazmat suit to deal with the children of atom before.  I had just found one when I encountered em this time.  Those assholes used to give me fits.  Now I just stand right in front of em and feed the shotgun shells.  One guy had a pipe rifle.  The rest would have been better off with a sharpened mango than those gamma guns.

Really don't know why I never thought to take a hazmat suit to deal with the children of atom before.  I had just found one when I encountered em this time.  Those assholes used to give me fits.  Now I just stand right in front of em and feed the shotgun shells.  One guy had a pipe rifle.  The rest would have been better off with a sharpened mango than those gamma guns.

CV0IZZYUAAAOLvD.jpg

• Like 1

Found a fun bug: if you use a weapon with a scope to zoom in on a robot, you can hack it as if you were actually standing next to it.

I think this was actually a feature added in with the last patch. There was something in it about making robotics expert useful in combat.

Found a fun bug: if you use a weapon with a scope to zoom in on a robot, you can hack it as if you were actually standing next to it.

I think this was actually a feature added in with the last patch. There was something in it about making robotics expert useful in combat.

I think that means they added the ability to hack hostile robots. I know you couldn't do that in Fallout 3, making the robot-hacking perk near-uselesss in that game. But I can't imagine that the scope thing is deliberate.

And hey, it turns out you can blow up a Super Mutant Suicider by shooting the arm that's carrying the bomb! Did everybody else already know this?

I think that means they added the ability to hack hostile robots. I know you couldn't do that in Fallout 3, making the robot-hacking perk near-uselesss in that game. But I can't imagine that the scope thing is deliberate.

And hey, it turns out you can blow up a Super Mutant Suicider by shooting the arm that's carrying the bomb! Did everybody else already know this?

Yep. Only way to take those bastards out.

So what is the "point of no return" in regards to the main mission? I just did the Battle of Bunker Hill and still haven't pissed anyone off to the point where they're going to kick me out.

Believe the missions I have available are "Blind Betrayal" and "Mankind - Redefined," along with "Underground Undercover" (which just says "continue working with Father.")

Yep. Only way to take those bastards out.

And here I've been desperately shooting at their heads or torsos like a chump.

In other news, I was just walking down the street to The Slog when I came across a three-way battle between an Assaultron and a Mr. Gutsy, three Bloatflies, and a Legendary Yao Guai. Chaotic enough, but then an Alpha Deathclaw charged into the fray! The Yuao Guai and Deathclaw were unsurprisingly the last two standing, with the Yao Guai prevailing with just a sliver of health left (which I quickly dispatched). Fun times.

The best part is that while I was watching the fight, "Curie idolizes you" randomly popped up on my screen. Does she like it when you refrain from attacking hostile creatures or something?

So what is the "point of no return" in regards to the main mission? I just did the Battle of Bunker Hill and still haven't pissed anyone off to the point where they're going to kick me out.

Believe the missions I have available are "Blind Betrayal" and "Mankind - Redefined," along with "Underground Undercover" (which just says "continue working with Father.")

You can get through Blind Betrayal and still be good with all 3 factions (that's also how you get Paladin Danse's perk). 

As far as the point of no return it's different with each faction:

Brotherhood: Liberty Reprimed

Railroad: Underground Undercover (I don't wanna spoil the mission but you can click here if you need to know how to finish it)

Institute: Mass Fusion (it even warns you that starting the quest will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood)

There is no PONR for the Minutemen, they support you no matter who else you choose. 

Had a weird experience today.  Got a notification to defend one of my settlements, went there, and it turns out one of the settlers had seemingly turned on his fellow settlers.  The weird thing is that the turned settler was still marked blue as an ally.

Did you search them?

They should have had a synth chip (indicating why they turned)

He was a synth. You will get infiltrators on occasion. I've five so far between my settlements. The last one even led to even led to a full attack from 7-8 high level synths.

You can get through Blind Betrayal and still be good with all 3 factions (that's also how you get Paladin Danse's perk). 

Railroad: Underground Undercover (I don't wanna spoil the mission but you can click here if you need to know how to finish it)

Institute: Mass Fusion (it even warns you that starting the quest will make you a permanent enemy of the Brotherhood)

There is no PONR for the Minutemen, they support you no matter who else you choose. 

You left out Tactical Thinking which turns the Railroad hostile though I've heard if you can maneuver well enough to avoid Kells you can avoid it and keep the RR alive..

Completing each of those missions is the point of no return? Because I did Liberty Reprimed already.

Ah, well, I'll probably roll into Mankind - Redefined here next (since apparently there's a time limit on the meeting) and Blind Betrayal from there. It doesn't appear I'm as close to the "end game" as I thought I was initially.

When does the first DLC actually come out? I saw that Automatron was scheduled for March 2016 but never saw an exact date.

There is no set release date for any of them, just the months they are supposed to release. I assume with the schedule they gave though most of it is done and just being beta tested. I'm guessing mid or late March is when we see Automaton release.

• Like 1

Was walking through the Hope Depot parking lot today and saw an old electric fan over by the cart return.  Caught myself thinking I should pick it up, since I could get some parts from it.

I think I've played this too much.

• Like 1

I pretty much realized that I am only going to keep my most recent save because - yeah, otherwise it will be too infuriating to go through the rest.

God I really need to get a HD to move some saves too because I need to delete some games

So I discovered something this game needs: a better way of selecting saves to delete. Running out of space is a pain.

I wish there was a way to rename your saves. I have multiple save points b/c I have multiple "worlds" going on based on what ending I chose. I usually just write them down and when I save, I save at the HQ of the main faction of the world I'm using (Prydwen for the save where I beat the game with the BOS, Sanctuary for my Minuteman world, etc.). Works well but I think just being able to rename your save files would be easier.