DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I never ever had a bounty spawn so I stopped looking

Did some digging and apparently you have to talk to the Mayor's secretary or find a note in the Mayor's office to get the bounties to spawn. I wonder if I can still do that b/c I've already killed the mayor. Oh well.

Funny Preston meme I found

11.jpg

• Like 1

So do settlements top out at about a dozen people?

It gets higher based on your charisma

So the max without charisma is 10 - you can get it to 21 before the game even starts to factor in charisma bonus on armor or items

Yeah right now i have at least three settlements with 21 people although how much I can count one of them is questionable as it had a legendary vendor who disappeared (The Scribe). I really wish they would fix that damn glitch, especially before Wasteland Workshop releases next month.

So do settlements top out at about a dozen people?

It gets higher based on your charisma

So the max without charisma is 10 - you can get it to 21 before the game even starts to factor in charisma bonus on armor or items

I would think item bonuses wouldn't count for this, as it would be strange for the size limit to change as you change clothes.

I've slowly brought my nerd character's Charisma from 1 to 7, as he grows into the role he was woefully unsuited for when Preston thrust it on him. May have to bump it higher...

Thanks for the answers, both of you.

Finished the main storyline this afternoon. Wound up going with the Brotherhood because 1) it didn't sound like anyone else here had really taken that track and 2) man was it awesome watching Liberty Prime march down the streets of Boston blowing shit up.

Might go back and start another playthrough with a different type of character. . .this time around I loaded up on Charisma and sort of neglected the other categories.

Yeah right now i have at least three settlements with 21 people although how much I can count one of them is questionable as it had a legendary vendor who disappeared (The Scribe). I really wish they would fix that damn glitch, especially before Wasteland Workshop releases next month.

I've read that you can have up to like 30 people without mods by using the right combination of armor, charisma stats and chems. I have a couple of settlements with 23 folks. Mostly use the excess people to set up supply chains.

Finished the main storyline this afternoon. Wound up going with the Brotherhood because 1) it didn't sound like anyone else here had really taken that track and 2) man was it awesome watching Liberty Prime march down the streets of Boston blowing shit up.

Might go back and start another playthrough with a different type of character. . .this time around I loaded up on Charisma and sort of neglected the other categories.

I've done all of the endings but the only two saves I actually keep playing are my Minuteman ending save (b/c you still have all three factions alive and can get radiant quests) and the BOS ending. I'm a fan of the BOS.

I've done all of the endings but the only two saves I actually keep playing are my Minuteman ending save (b/c you still have all three factions alive and can get radiant quests) and the BOS ending. I'm a fan of the BOS.

Part of me wants to go back and do the Institute ending. I'd also like to do a more completist sort of run (getting the magazines, bobbleheads, that sort of thing). Don't know if I'll end up doing it or not, but if I do, I think that's the way I'm going.

I'm doing a second playthrough, where I'm basically not doing any quests or settlement building.  I'm just wandering around exploring things, and taking my time going through every little place.  Up to the mid 30s in level now, and I'm still ridiculously squishy. I'm trying to put all the points into stats first, so I haven't invested in any combat perks at all, outside of the weapon modification ones.  It's also not helping that my endurance is still 1.  I've already found 3 or 4 settlements that I explored the first time through, but did not realize were settlements.

I really should finally continue the main story. I still haven't entered the Institute and I'm at lv. 101. I think I will after doing the Atom Cats stuff.

Really wish they'd have done more with The Atom Cats. They are a fun faction. Remind me of The Kings from New Vegas.

What's funny is that I think the only thing I did with the Atom Cats was go over and grab the Bobblehead off the car.

Oh and I guess help them fend off a Raiders attack.

Really? You didn't pick up the paint job magazine they had running around? I actually picked up the bobblehead on accident. It was night and I really couldn't see, was trying to talk to someone and instead I ended up with a new bobblehead.

I've read that you can have up to like 30 people without mods by using the right combination of armor, charisma stats and chems. I have a couple of settlements with 23 folks. Mostly use the excess people to set up supply chains.

So it really does count temporary boosts to Charisma? How does that work? Do people start wandering off when your Charisma drops? Or does it only check at certain times? I've gotten my nerd character's base Charisma up to 8, and still haven't seen any increases, so I'm wondering if I need to do something to get it to register the higher value.

On an unrelated question, does anybody know where to find deathclaw eggs? One of my other characters has a recipe she wants to try.

If you've finished McCready's quest then you should know where the Mass Pike Interchange's elevator is. From there, go NW a bit and there is a Deathclaw nest with some eggs.

If you've finished McCready's quest then you should know where the Mass Pike Interchange's elevator is. From there, go NW a bit and there is a Deathclaw nest with some eggs.

I haven't (none of my characters have seen any reason to hire this McCready guy, not when there's a lineup of competent people willing to travel with them for free) but I think I know where the interchange is. Thanks.

If you've played Fallout 3 you want to hire McCready. Even if you haven't you still want to hire him for his perk which even ganked after the 1.3 patch is still one of the better ones. His backstory is also pretty nice and one of the few that provides a personal quest.