DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Any suggestions on a shotgun build?

This is what I've been using this play through and I absolutely love it.  I'm at level 25 and my shotgun already feels ridiculously overpowered, and I don't even have that great of one.

I actually love wearing my fully-upgraded X-01 Mk VI armor on my level 61, but that's stupidly powerful at this point.  Pistols for days.

I'm having immense fun with the shotgun through my ghoulish cannibal.  Exploding that guy's head in a cloud of buckshot and eatinghis corpse right in front of Hancock seemed to impress him.

It's actually not that bad.  I've been able to constantly wear Power Armor 100% of the time since getting the first t-45 and I've still got 6 cores saved up - and that's before starting my water empire where now I can buy them whenever I find more.

Eventually I'm going to drop the Lone Wanderer thing once I've upgraded my power armor to make up for not having the perks that it gives.  Plus, at some point I need to start working on getting the Lovable achievement.

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Just got the platinum trophy by doing the one settler trick at Red Rocket to get 100 happiness.  Not hard, just time consuming.

Congrats on that, I don't have the patience to 100 percent complete games.

14 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

This is going to make my constant renovation of Starlight Drive-In to be much more interesting.

I'm glad that I have some settlements that I haven't touched yet. I'm really close to the space limit at my three main places (Sanctuary, The Castle, Kingsport Lighthouse). I haven't really done anything at Egret Marina, Spectacle Island or Coastal Cottage. I think Spectacle Island would make a great Deathclaw Arena.

1 minute ago, cwoy2j said:

I'm glad that I have some settlements that I haven't touched yet. I'm really close to the space limit at my three main places (Sanctuary, The Castle, Kingsport Lighthouse). I haven't really done anything at Egret Marina, Spectacle Island or Coastal Cottage. I think Spectacle Island would make a great Deathclaw Arena.

Ohyeah, I am totally saving Spectacle Island for the construction of Nuka-Cola Stadium.  (They won the naming rights in a thrilling game of duck duck goose.)

There are so many places I still haven't seen even on my level 62.  For instance, you mentioned Kingsport Lighthouse and Egret Marina - I had never heard of those places.  Hell, I hadn't even seen Spectacle Island till last week.

Still haven't built anything on my current playthrough, except a small house at sanctuary with a bunch of containers to hold all my shit.  I have a ridiculous amount of materials already, plus I hundreds of shipments stored up that I haven't put in a workbench yet.  I've still got to decide what I'm going to go for on the major settlements.  Only thing that's gonna stop me from building really amazing places is the size limit, as well as my total lack of ability/imagination when it comes to building stuff.

8 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Still haven't built anything on my current playthrough, except a small house at sanctuary with a bunch of containers to hold all my shit.  I have a ridiculous amount of materials already, plus I hundreds of shipments stored up that I haven't put in a workbench yet.  I've still got to decide what I'm going to go for on the major settlements.  Only thing that's gonna stop me from building really amazing places is the size limit, as well as my total lack of ability/imagination when it comes to building stuff.

Yeah I have pretty much no original ideas when it comes to building. Whenever I get it into my head to build up a settlement beyond the basics, I go to youtube and see what other people have done to get ideas.