DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Built the Iridium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator in Sanctuary with the help of the Minutemen. Was fun daisy-chaining five small generators together because I didn't give my character enough intelligence to get the Science perk and build the bigger one.

Also managed to get MacCready to give me the last part of his quest, so I'm going to go get his perk here before I do anything crazy with the Institute. Then I can get Cait back and hit the teleporter.

So when defend settlement notices pop up does the strength of the attack determine how long you have to get over there? I ask because normally I have a decent bit of time to go in, but this time when the Lighthouse was attacked I got a failure notice in probably less than ten minutes of warning. I reload my quicksave and fast travel over only to find my settlers in a chaotic fight with 7-8 synth eradicators who are all on my level (94), including a legendary one, and two infiltrators, of which one of them was supposed to be a damn guard. They also managed to kill one of my brahmin which I guess don't have the same essential tag regular settlers do. It was fun, but surprising.

I hit level 8 today and feel like I'm at the point where I don't have to be totally scared to walk around out of fear of being destroyed by even the lamest enemy.  I've got Preston following me around now - but I really need to find another companion right away because he's bugging the crap out of me.  

I need to stop Minuteman quests because I'm totally overwhelmed by the amount of settlements I have going already and I can't live with any of them being unlivable so I kill all my time doing that.

How many settlements do you have at that level? It shouldn't be much more than a handful unless you've gone a bit crazy with things.

Looks like official mod support will be coming to PC in April, and will follow on consoles over the following couple of months at some point.

More of maybe than anything certain. It depends on how the beta testing goes. The interesting thing for me is now with the new time table PS4 may actually get the GECK sooner than originally expected.

I hit level 8 today and feel like I'm at the point where I don't have to be totally scared to walk around out of fear of being destroyed by even the lamest enemy.  I've got Preston following me around now - but I really need to find another companion right away because he's bugging the crap out of me.  

I need to stop Minuteman quests because I'm totally overwhelmed by the amount of settlements I have going already and I can't live with any of them being unlivable so I kill all my time doing that.

If you make it to Diamond City, Piper is a pretty decent follower. 

You could always go to the Red Rocket and take Dogmeat instead. He doesn't say much.

Welp, main quest finished at level 39.

That airport rush was fun as hell.

Man, I'm at 39 and I've just gotten to the Institute.

And now I don't know what ending I want to shoot for. To this point, I've been pretty much like "Man, those Institute people are assholes," and then after you get there it changes to "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . .now I don't know."

• Like 1

If you make it to Diamond City, Piper is a pretty decent follower. 

Cait and MacCready are good as well. Their dialogue is hilarious. MacCready's, "it's quiet here....too quiet. HAHAH, man I've always wanted to say that!" cracks me up every time.

And now I don't know what ending I want to shoot for. To this point, I've been pretty much like "Man, those Institute people are assholes," and then after you get there it changes to "Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll. . .now I don't know."

Exactly. They're made out to be these total ass-nuggets, then it all changes.

I ended up siding with the Institute due to what you learn when you first get there, but this time, I'm going to go a different way just for the hell of it.

If I do a third playthrough, I've basically decided I'm going to do what someone else mentioned many pages back and immediately slaughter the entire Brotherhood the second I meet them. I fucking hate every one of their smartasses.

"Oh you did that thing I asked you to do? Well let me be a raging c-bag about it and then ask you to do something else."

This SOB is sticking his size 12 boot up some BOS ass and that's the bottom liiiiine....y'all know the rest.

• Like 1

Ah hell, I'm pretty hypocritical because I'll work with them long enough to get the set of armor.

It's the best set I have. I got an X01 set on my last play, but I don't remember where I got it and can't find it again.

This link tells you all of the places you can find power armor. What type you get is mostly level dependent though.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_armor_frame

• Like 1

I still haven't been to the institute and I'm on lv. 95. I really should push a pinch more forward on the main plot.

Seems like a lot of anti-BOS people here. Making me feel bad for siding with them, becoming a Sentinel and wiping out all of the filth in the Commonwealth.

Honestly if it wasn't for one of things I heard about happening for them and another action I would have been fine trying to do endings for both of them at least once. Now it would bother the hell out of them if I picked either completely. Its probably why I've taken such a ridiculous time moving forward.

I do wish I'd strung along some of the other factions for a while longer before finishing the main story.

On the ending:

I swear, I kept thinking "how do I know these Institute people aren't lying to me? Where's the proof that Father is my son?" I dunno if they proved it and I missed it, or whether I was supposed to take the bad guys of the game at their word.

And the BOS and Railroad just kinda canceled each other out - the BOS wanted all the synths gone and the Railroad wanted all the BOS gone. I wanted everyone to get along and thought the best chance of that came with the Minutemen. Plus I had a billion settlements spitting out a ton of profit for lil' ol' me, and wanted to keep the gravy train running.

I'm trying to go back and do some stuff I missed, but now I can't figure out which settlement I sent McReady to, so I may have to visit them all, build bells and hope for the best.

I did stay with the BOS long enough to poach their power armor, of course. You non-power-armor people are brave souls.

The Longs aren't members of the Minutemen. Just you're character, Preston, & Ronnie though Sturges offers some support. Besides you wouldn't want to piss off the Minutemen anyways. One guy managed to do that on accident via a glitch and had Preston hunting him down across the Commonwealth, only he couldn't kill Preston to make it stop.

The Longs aren't members of the Minutemen. Just you're character, Preston, & Ronnie though Sturges offers some support. Besides you wouldn't want to piss off the Minutemen anyways. One guy managed to do that on accident via a glitch and had Preston hunting him down across the Commonwealth, only he couldn't kill Preston to make it stop.

This is the funniest thing I've heard about this game. Like a Sarah Connor simulator.

"He can't be reasoned with. He can't be stopped."

Cut to Preston:

"Now I REALLY have something a little different for you." *minigun begins spinning*

• Like 1