DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

So after some deliberation, I think that my favorite thing about this game is Lynda Carter's singing. That's not meant as a backhanded compliment because I really, really, REALLY love those Magnolia songs, especially "Train Train." 

So after some deliberation, I think that my favorite thing about this game is Lynda Carter's singing. That's not meant as a backhanded compliment because I really, really, REALLY love those Magnolia songs, especially "Train Train." 

Does she sing :"Good Good Neighbor," because that song sounds like something that would have been on my "get the job done" playlist in 1956.

Does she sing :"Good Good Neighbor," because that song sounds like something that would have been on my "get the job done" playlist in 1956.

Yup, that's her.

Yup, that's her.

I just realized that my "Get the Job Done" playlist in 1956 would require me to get up after every song to change records...I need to go shake my grandfather's hand for getting anything started without Spotify, iTunes, or even a tape player.

• Like 1

I have never had a problem with adhesive

I used to have a problem with oil but now I know to grab ever fucking lighter and oil can around

My biggest problem still is lead.

Though I do enjoy that the children's toys all contain lead.

You can also make Cutting Fluid, which can be scrapped into oil. 

I dunno whether I destroyed it or accidentally sold it or somehow misplaced it or it's a game bug, but I lost my power armor last night.

I've got a backup, but it's missing an arm and a leg. Was not pleased at all.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Trashcan Carla sells oil in 25-count bulk.

I think it's referenced earlier in the thread, but yeah...

Swan's Lake

. How about that?

I have an icon on my map that looks like a Power Armor helmet. Not sure what that means. Did I somehow drop some power armor at that spot or something? Don't recall losing any and I don't remember seeing that icon before. It's somewhere near Ft. Strong.

I was randomly following Doc Weathers' caravan around (he was going in the same direction I was). It ended poorly. I was clearly not paying attention, because we got ganged up on by a pair of deathclaws. Me and Nick made it out unscathed, but Idiot the brahmin was the only member of the caravan to walk away.

The helmet icon is supposed to be where you put your last worn power armor.

Glad I'm not the only fan. I had no idea she could sing, but she has been a welcome addition to Diamond City radio. I always turn it on if hear one of her songs playing on one of the many random radios laying about.

• Like 1

The helmet icon is supposed to be where you put your last worn power armor.

Glad I'm not the only fan. I had no idea she could sin, but she has been a welcome addition to Diamond City radio. I always turn it on if hear one of her songs playing on one of the many random radios laying about.

Count me among the Lynda fans. Great voice and the songs mix in perfectly with the oldies.

So I'm looking at the fixes/additions for the latest patch (only for PC users at the moment), and it turns out the Minutemen quests were bugged from the getgo. Not only were we not supposed to be getting them so often, Preston was actually supposed to be sending us to dungeons directly on occasion. Looking at all the fixes I can't wait for them to hit the consoles if only for finally being able to know what settlers are assigned to with more ease.

Yeah I was disappointed to read that one as I had been trying to get his perk for the last week or so now. It finally happened today only to hear this. I assume it won't be too long until consoles get the latest patch so I'm definitely going to maybe search for some super mutant suiciders or something and have fun.

The game is nutty buggy, but it's still so much fun. It's like the crazy significant other that you should distance yourself from, but can't because you enjoy the ride too much.

I......I wouldn't know anything about this...

• Like 2

Don't recall mention of this in the thread, so I'll spoiler it all just to be safe:

EDIT: Clarifying a bit, as my sleep addled brain wasn't so clear this morning. This actually starts as a miscellaneous quest near Quincy, then turns into a bigger quest depending on how you respond. Nothing related to the main storyline at all, though. Just a random sidequest.

Is it possible to get the positive, boy scout ending in the Kid in a Fridge quest? I can get Billy back to his house easily enough, but the ensuing battle with the Gunners is too much to handle. There are 3-4 different enemies that have the skull icon next to them. That isn't even the main issue, though. The Peabody family gets in the way at all times and any friendly fire turns them hostile. Had that happen 4 times last night

As far as I can figure, my options are to straight up murder Bullet when he offers to buy Billy, but before he becomes hostile. That *may* circumvent the final battle because no one in Quincy would know about Billy. That said, I'm not the cold blooded murder type of player. Live and let live. Just don't cross me.

I can try to clean out Quincy beforehand, but I'm not sure if that would actually keep the named enemies from showing up. It'd also still be a really tough battle because there's seemingly a million guys in town and, invariably, the raiders from the nearby mine get involved.

I wish there was a way to send the Peabody family to hole up out of the way. This has been the most frustrating quest in the entire game for me so far

Anything obvious that I'm missing?

You might want to specify what the topic is behind the spoiler tag so folks know whether or not they can help you (like I ain't clicking on it since I have only done... oh like 30% of the main storyline)

The game is nutty buggy, but it's still so much fun. It's like the crazy significant other that you should distance yourself from, but can't because you enjoy the ride too much.

Stout, I think you might have found the perfect rating system for games here.  Got me curious on where GTA fits on that scale, maybe dating a stripper?

I finally did Deacon's first railroad quest last night.  It was the first really buggy quest I've run into.  We were wandering through a tunnel when he just stopped responding to anything.  I exited and reentered the tunnel, which got him a little further along, but I got confronted by a door that needed a console to open, and the console just showed inaccessible.  Tried leaving and coming back again, and found that the door was now open and that I could finally complete the quest.

Got an attack on Nordhagen Beach in the middle of that quest.  Dumbass raiders didn't know what hit em.  The only one that lived long enough for me to even shoot at was the one guy in power armor.

Also got an attack on that construction site settlement.  Spawned over there to find the usual mirelurk queen massacre underway.  Turrets finished it off in about 10 seconds.  The actual attack turned out to be a bunch of charred ferals.  First time I've run into those things, and they were tough.  Took a couple minutes to finish em all off, even with the turrets.  Even had to use a couple stimpaks.