DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Poor Piper is gonna be glowing soon.  I found a hazmat suit somewhere, so we went exploring in the southwest corner of the map.  There are actually a fair number of mapped locations around there.  Ain't much moving around topside.  Outside of the standard flying bugs and a shitload of radscorps, all I saw was one solitary Deathclaw.  Surprised there weren't a bunch of mutants out there.

Had an unfortunate experience with fast travel, where it spawned me right next to some kind of high level automaton with a skull next to its name.  It basically one-shot me.  I tried the travel again to see if that was a random thing, but it was there again.  Fortunately, Piper distracted it for a bit, so I was able to get about 20 shotgun rounds into it.  It was still a close thing, though.

I think I've finally got all the perks I need to do all the settlement upgrades I want.  Now I can finally work on combat related perks.

Assaultron?

BTW - I had one of those random moments of chaos.

I will put this in spoilers just in case but it all happened as I was doing the Reunions Main Story Quest

So me and Nick are following Dogmeat. All of sudden Nick starts commenting on what I am assuming is a crashing Vertibird. I am not 100% positive because as that shit is blowing up - a fucking Yao Guai jumps out of the bushes. That brawl stumbles into a swarm of Stingwings. So now there is shit blowing up thanks to the crashed whatever. A Yao Guai, stingwings, me, Nick and dogmeat.

Out of fucking nowhere - Darla comes running up swinging a god damn baseball bat taking shit out. I guess since I convinced her to go home in the previous quest she was either still headed home or just happened to be roaming in that spot. And THEN that fucker who keeps trying to sell me a dog also showed up. I am shocked I didn't accidentally put two rounds in his dome.

God that was fun - despite Nick not being able to hit the broadside of a barn.

Poor Piper is gonna be glowing soon.  I found a hazmat suit somewhere, so we went exploring in the southwest corner of the map.  There are actually a fair number of mapped locations around there.  Ain't much moving around topside.  Outside of the standard flying bugs and a shitload of radscorps, all I saw was one solitary Deathclaw.  Surprised there weren't a bunch of mutants out there.

Had an unfortunate experience with fast travel, where it spawned me right next to some kind of high level automaton with a skull next to its name.  It basically one-shot me.  I tried the travel again to see if that was a random thing, but it was there again.  Fortunately, Piper distracted it for a bit, so I was able to get about 20 shotgun rounds into it.  It was still a close thing, though.

I think I've finally got all the perks I need to do all the settlement upgrades I want.  Now I can finally work on combat related perks.

Assaultron?

Yeah, apparently it was an Assaultron Dominator.  Damn thing came at me cloaked and dual wielding batons.  Couldn't use VATS, so I just shot it as many times as possible with my 120 damage combat shotgun till it went down.

Holy shit, first a suicide bomber Super Mutant killed himself, three allies, and five synths as I barely avoided the blast radius, and then I entered a building and watched a Protectron fleet and a bunch of Super Mutants have a full-fledged war after which I picked the bones.

Level 34 at this point, max strength, and just found Goodneighbor. I need to take a break before my Saturday goes bye-bye completely.

Thanks to Gamestop - the swapped me a new AC Adaptor off a One that wasn't working.

So back in the game!

I am parked outside of Kellogg's room trying to figure out how the fuck to successfully get through this battle. (First time was on me as I was wearing Agatha's Dress since I thought there was going to be a speech check. Whoops...)

That one took me a few tries.  I ended up running back into the room I had just come from and shotgunned him a bunch of times when he tried to come around the corner with stealth active.  During one of the failures, I got in close and was unloading on him,  Had his health down to almost nothing when he basically dropped a grenade at our feet and took us both out.

I'm still in that phase where I'm blindly wandering in each direction, trying to fill in the map. Yesterday, I discovered two more settlements. The co-op with the hippy robot and the drive in. So they're my FOBs to poke further south and east.

Ran up on an abandoned house that had an injured mongrel dog out front. Noticed that it wasn't a hostile, so initiated conversation I ended up healing it up and it followed me around for a bit. Didn't make it through a fast travel, though. Not sure if there was something else I could have done.

Regarding the dog thing

Supposedly if you can get the dog to follow you - it will stay at a settlement. Similar to if you buy a dog off of Gene.

The dog(s) from Gene providing a +5 Defense and increase the Happiness of a settlement

People think the same thing happens with the wild dog you help - it just appears that no one has been able to get one back to a settlement yet

PC 1.2 update is now live, and we're aiming to get the console updates live this week. As we have updates, we'll let everyone know.

Fallout 4 1.2 Update (All platforms unless otherwise noted)

New Features
Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)
Fixes
General memory and stability improvements
Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)

Speaking of animals, is there any way to get the cats to take notice of you at all? They just ignore the shit out of me. It's remarkably realistic.

You have to activate your Stout the Cat Whisperer perk.

I'm finally getting the hang of this, I think. I beefed up my sledgehammer and have been trying to use it and conserve ammo. It's going pretty well for the most part. Feels good to one hit kill a lot of things.

I read an article talking about how to get the ballistic weave armor. Sounds badass. The guy was talking about wearing military fatigues and them having 90+ damage resistance.

If anyone doesn't know already, you do some missions for P.A.M. in the Railroad HQ. After you do one where you get a DIA cache (I think that's what it's called), you gain the ability to upgrade your clothes with ballistic weave. I'm still working on it, so I may be off on a couple details, but PAM in Railroad HQ is right for sure. I figured that might come in handy for Rippa and his ball gowns.

I've been running around with Piper. Found some power armor for her, but that and a pistol is all I've given her, thanks to everyone's warnings on here. What are the perks, if any, of getting in a relationship with her? I talk to her and try to flirt when the option comes up, but I have failed so far.

• Like 1

I had to do that battle so many times that I went through almost every choice - except that last one.

I picked sarcastic ever single time.

(I tended to pick FUCK YOU! a lot too since that is appropriate when playing as a female)