DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

That is awesome. At the same time I'm not sure how many people even known his face offhand so I'm kind of ok with that one being spoiled. That said they totally should have saved the Cress Williams reveal unless he is actually going to be in a decent chunk of an episode.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

That's wild, during work today I was thinking " They should have Mark Hamill play Joker in Crisis."  Wow. 

And no, my job isn't writing at whatever website that is. ?

• Like 1

Marv Wolfman is writing the Arrow episode of Crisis. And Burt Ward will be wearing a version of the Robin uniform. 

This is going to be fan service at its best, I can't remember the last time I've looked forward to something this much.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2019 at 7:55 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

That's wild, during work today I was thinking " They should have Mark Hamill play Joker in Crisis."  Wow. 

And no, my job isn't writing at whatever website that is. ?

Has Hamill shown up as the Trickster on any of these shows before? 

What they're doing is really fucking brilliant. Instead of the comics multiverse, it's the DC TV and old movie multiverse that's available to them via subtle and not so subtle references and casting. If Burt Ward's Robin is from Earth 66, there's no copyright bullshit to wade through. Linda Carter can dress up like Wonder Woman with no problem. 

And Routh's Superman is canon with Chris Reeve's Superman, AND the Supes shirt he showed at Comic-con had the Kingdom Come Superman symbol. 

Jesus Christ, this is already the greatest thing ever on TV. At this point if they dig up whoever played Captain Marvel and Isis from the Saturday morning TV show , I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

I just worry they won't be able to top it come next year.

They won't be able to, and I don't think they'll try. There'll be a crossover , but I doubt they think anything will eclipse what they're doing here. Maybe they'll try and rehab  Millennium.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

They won't be able to, and I don't think they'll try. There'll be a crossover , but I doubt they think anything will eclipse what they're doing here. Maybe they'll try and rehab  Millennium.

If you do the Manhunters, do you need to also bring in the GL Corps? And the Zamarons? 

Edited by odessasteps

They have teased the GL Corp. Flash from Earth 90 thought Diggle was Jon Stewart in the Elseworlds crossover last year.

And if they do merge the Earths, cosmic shit is in play because of Supergirl.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Since I think its maybe the best non Crisis crossover, I presume they could do Final Night and not need to go crazy with the FX. I guess they could also have doing Armageddon 2001 (now 2031?). Or DC 1 Million? 

Edited by odessasteps

15 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

This is true. This exactly what happened with last year's crossover actually. They realized they were not going to beat the crossover where they killed a major character in Stein and finally got the two biggest couples of the Arrowverse hitched so they opted to not even try and just go for something fun which of course ended up building Crisis.

So what is Millennium, Armageddon 2001, & Final Night? I have a lot I haven't read. 

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is true. This exactly what happened with last year's crossover actually. They realized they were not going to beat the crossover where they killed a major character in Stein and finally got the two biggest couples of the Arrowverse hitched so they opted to not even try and just go for something fun which of course ended up building Crisis.

So what is Millennium, Armageddon 2001, & Final Night? I have a lot I haven't read. 

Extremely short version

Final Night - the sun is going to go out

Armageddon - examine potential futures to see what hero turns heel

Millennium - everyone's supporting cast contains at least 1 sleeper hidden agent robot. Also tied into GL history. 

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Extremely short version

Final Night - the sun is going to go out

Armageddon - examine potential futures to see what hero turns heel

Millennium - everyone's supporting cast contains at least 1 sleeper hidden agent robot. Also tied into GL history. 

None of those seem quite exciting to me though Millennium could have potential if Crisis ends with the worlds merged and the GLC introduced.