DVDVR Message Board
goodhelmet

DC TV Thread

I think the Venomesque guy is gonna be a slow burn for the first half of the season while they ramp up to Crisis.

11 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

I think the Venomesque guy is gonna be a slow burn for the first half of the season while they ramp up to Crisis.

That’s what it seems like, but I had read he was the pre-Crisis bad guy.

So I’m behind on Arrow. What’s the deal with future Team Arrow?

So, since Earth 2 bit the dust on Arrow, did Harry Wells and Jesse Quick die?

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

And supposedly, they aren’t doing one big bad all season, although I’m starting to become a bit skeptical of that.

I can believe this to some extent if only because they mentioned dealing with Crisis' aftermath being the big story of the second half for this season.

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

So I’m behind on Arrow. What’s the deal with future Team Arrow?

Its the team's kids grown up in a dystopian future for Star City. They built it up last season in flash forwards. As Bustronaut mentioned, they are trying to do a spin-off. Personally, I think they are one of the weaker aspects of the show so I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

So, since Earth 2 bit the dust on Arrow, did Harry Wells and Jesse Quick die?

I'm guessing no. You got to think Harry and/or Jessie will eventually show up to let them know it happened and that is when shit is going to get real for the Flash crew in the Crisis story.

Besides, they aren't going to kill off the best version of Wells, and a pretty popular character like Jesse without a little more buildup. I don't see anyone getting "Wheeljack'd" here.

I keep hearing that Bloodwork is the pre-Crisis bad guy, but not much on who is after. Maybe a "fixed" Godspeed?

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, D.Z said:

The-Flash-Full-Multiverse-Map.jpg

I meant to post that when I saw it yesterday. There’s a reference to Thaddeus Brown, the pre-Scott after Mr. Miracle.

Is the “Destroyed (1986)” a reference to a world we’ve seen/heard destroyed on the show, or is it a cool reference to the original Crisis?

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

I meant to post that when I saw it yesterday. There’s a reference to Thaddeus Brown, the pre-Scott after Mr. Miracle.

Is the “Destroyed (1986)” a reference to a world we’ve seen/heard destroyed on the show, or is it a cool reference to the original Crisis?

This link below will explain:

https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-15

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There better be red skies over Riverdale during the Crisis that don't effect anything but Jughead ponders about.

• Like 1

WATCHMEN is off to an interesting start.  The politics of it going to piss off a lot of people,  first episode was pretty great

• Like 1

What are the politics?  It looked somewhat anti-cop from the trailer, which is a bold stance I'd appreciate.

The show starts off in Tulsa 1921.  There's a lot to unpack if I go too into it it's going to spoil what actually happens in the episode. 

My only concern is Lindelof has a lot of great ideas that go under cooked in his works via his own doing or someone telling him to stfu

I liked the first episode of Watchmen enough, but the soundtrack is fucking banging. It's better than the show itself. This may be the best thing Reznor and Ross have made.

They might win an Emmy. Meaning Trent would have three quarters of an EGOT. Time for The Downward Spiral: The Broadway Musical~!

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

They might win an Emmy. Meaning Trent would have three quarters of an EGOT. Time for The Downward Spiral: The Broadway Musical~!

Or, Fincher & Reznor finally get off their asses and do that Fight Club musical.

What Niners said.  I am on board the Watchmen train for the long haul.  First episode fucking ruled.  That's how you start shit off.

Regina King in the lead and a Rorschach inspired militia is just total bonus.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm all in on Watchmen.  Although I'm sure we'll get some backstory on how we got from the end of the book to now.

Of course, the entire Adrian scene was confusing, but that's not surprising.

Edited by Raziel

I don't think it's Veidt. From the casting and look you'd think it's him, so why not say it's him? Feels like a twist is coming with the reveal of who Irons is playing.

I know there was a paper headline that said Viedt's dead, but that's in his wheelhouse to fake something like that, with the whole Giant Squid thing.  Also makes sense that he's still throwing squid storms as a reminder of the interdimentional aliens and all that.  Given the previews, that Irons is Ozymandias is a pretty safe bet.  

It's obvious that the militia has some of its beliefs taken from the printed Rorschach journals, just taken WAAAAY to far.

I've some strong positive reviews from comics pros, which is mildly surprising.