DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Millennium is a lot crazier than that,but I was trying to be brief. Consult wiki for more info. It would allow the introduction of the Floronic Man (assuming he hasn't appeared already).

Kevin Durand plays Jason Woodrue on Swamp Thing. Not sure if the Arrowverse stuff can take things like that from DC Universe.

Also, the next crossover should be Genesis.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kevin Durand plays Jason Woodrue on Swamp Thing. Not sure if the Arrowverse stuff can take things like that from DC Universe.

I finished that show last weekend. I dug it quite a bit despite things getting rushed those last two episodes. A pity it was cancelled.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Millennium is a lot crazier than that,but I was trying to be brief. Consult wiki for more info. It would allow the introduction of the Floronic Man (assuming he hasn't appeared already).

Looking it up Millennium is kind of weird. Can't see them going for that at all. Armageddon 2001 seems like it has the most potential out of what has been mentioned so far.

I'd love to see Armageddon 2001 done without the "oh shit, let's change the finish because word leaked. Just use someone we already clearly and undeniably ruled out, therefore invalidating the entire purpose of the stories"

1 hour ago, RandomAct said:

My only real concern with the Crisis crossover, is that it will attract a lot of people who aren't Arrowverse viewers, who will likely shit all over it because they have no frame of reference.

Why do we care about that? Just hang out here.

• Like 1

I haven't watched any of the Arrowverse stuff in about 2-3 years - and even then was just watching Flash and occasionally Arrow - but am properly intrigued by the Crisis stuff coming up. Should I try to catch up on anything beforehand, or just start watching when it all starts going down?

18 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I haven't watched any of the Arrowverse stuff in about 2-3 years - and even then was just watching Flash and occasionally Arrow - but am properly intrigued by the Crisis stuff coming up. Should I try to catch up on anything beforehand, or just start watching when it all starts going down?

Honestly, yes. At the very least you should probably catch the last seasons of Arrow and Flash since stuff done there builds directly into Crisis. Beyond that Legends has been a good show since its second season, and  the last season of Supergirl was the best one yet. Black Lightning has been nice, but you can probably leave it alone despite the character being involved in Crisis. No one really knows how much involvement he will have or in what capacity he will be used. His universe was seemingly never connected to the other shows due the different taping locations. Crisis may or may not change that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I finally made it through season 1 of Legends, and it really does pick up almost immediately into season 2. I love the way Mick is just constantly chewing scenery.

He was great in season 2 but I especially loved him in season 3.

• Like 1

Well, fuck.  Krypton is not getting a third season.  This one was just starting to pick up.

There are also no plans to go forward with the Lobo spin-off which suits me just fine because Lobo needs to be on Netflix or Amazon Prime so that it can be absurdly violent.

20 hours ago, J.T. said:

Well, fuck.  Krypton is not getting a third season.  This one was just starting to pick up.

There are also no plans to go forward with the Lobo spin-off which suits me just fine because Lobo needs to be on Netflix or Amazon Prime so that it can be absurdly violent.

This is exactly why I don't watch ANY SyFy channel shows. They get cancelled too quickly. 

15 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

This is exactly why I don't watch ANY SyFy channel shows. They get cancelled too quickly. 

Lol, I feel like fans have unrealistic expectations these days.  I feel like two seasons is more than enough time to find an audience.  The ratings for season one were really dismal.  Networks shouldn't be expected to keep pouring money into a show that isn't drawing viewers or making them money.  Just  because the WWE keeps getting bigger and bigger tv contracts in the face of declining ratings doesn't mean it's a viable business model.

From a creative standpont, I thought season one was dismal.  Game of Thrones with worse actors, writers, and production budget.  But in space.

Season two looked much better, but, honestly, i didn't watch.  I probably watched about 40 minutes of the whole season, spread out across 3 or 4 episodes.

• 2 weeks later...