DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So I'm outta the loop, I know that they added a buncha ONLINE MULTI PLAYER stuff...but what single player stories(if any) did they add?

Any help here yo?

None of the current updates add any content to story mode.

Single player DLC would be completely lost on me.  I've played hundreds of hours of this game since I got it on the release day, but I've still done next to nothing in single player, outside of the minimum required to finish the main storyline.  No side missions or finding shit or anything like that.  I never bought a property, or tried to level anyody's skills.  I think I did one assassination.  I finally finished the main storyline last fall.  It's funny, but I think the multi-player has killed any interest I had in the single player. 

It's not a bad single player game or anything, but I just never could get back into it after multiplayer actually started to work.  It's a long way from PS2 days for me, where I must've finished Vice City at least 10 times.

• Like 1

I was picking on a 6-year-old last night. Don't judge me.

The kid couldn't say his Rs or Ls. "Stop kiwwing me!" I told him I wouldn't stop killing him until he said "please." He never did. I never did.

He had an older compatriot who kinda had a sense of humor about the whole thing. He said "don't make me kill you," and I told him "that implies that you have a choice about whether you're gonna kill me or not. You're not gonna kill me. Not once." He didn't kill me once.

They were talking at first about meeting at the airport, and I was debating whether to go down and spoil the party or not. Then some other dude on the chat said "I'm coming down there to kill y'all," and I thought "the more the merrier," and told him I'd see him down there.

Then Mis came on, and of course, we start running into tougher competition. We were having a fairly easy time with two dudes until one of them kept getting on roofs and ruining my good time by sniping me.

I put a proximity mine on an Adder once and one of them came barreling into it in a racecar Sports car, blowing them both up and costing me about $18,000 in insurance fees. I'm going back to juvy for my third strike. I blew up one of those dudes' pink Adder at least 3 times before that.

• Like 1

Had a shitload of fun torturing dots with my fellow miscreants last night.  That was just about exactly what I needed last night after a shitty, shitty week.  I'm still laughing at that poor level 3 guy that thought he was gonna charge in and get my bounty while there were 5 of us around the pier.  Also, I think I shot as many swimmers last night as I had in all my previous play combined.

• Like 1

You know what the worst thing to have as a Daily Objective? One on One Deathmatch. Only works if you have a friend in session willing to do one with you, because nobody's stupid enough to voluntarily do one any more.

I had 'Do a Contact Mission' and 'Steal a Vehicle from the Military Base' the other day. Decided to kill two birds with one stone and do Base Invaders*, but it put me with randoms. Clueless, clueless randoms. Six straight times they failed us. They just couldn't get through their heads that you only get in Ron's plane to trigger the next bit of the mission, you should never do anything as silly as flying it to the Base. Let alone land the bloody thing inside there. Fools, I tell you, fools.

I think Havoc might have made the jump to PS4. Wondering if that's my cue to move up as well.

* AKA The mission I passed for the first time last November, over a year after GTA online started, because Cristobal refuses to do it ever ever ever.

AKA The mission I passed for the first time last November, over a year after GTA online started, because Cristobal refuses to do it ever ever ever.

Because that mission is difficult as hell to pull off without dying if you have four skilled players.

Randoms? Fuggedaboutit.

On easy.

On Hard.

So, I started doing Daily Objectives Saturday before last. I got my first Seven Days straight award ($100,000) the following Thursday (so five days). I then got my second Seven Days straight tonight, nine days after my first (and fifteen after I started). Is anyone else finding this weird, or am I the only one actually doing them?

I saw my GTA Apartment building in Fast & Furious 7. The thing on the roof that I didn't know what it was, was a Satellite Tower.

You know what the worst thing to have as a Daily Objective? One on One Deathmatch. Only works if you have a friend in session willing to do one with you, because nobody's stupid enough to voluntarily do one any more.

I still get challenged to 1:1's by randoms after I kill em in freemode.  I think they do it accidentally most of the time.  Won two last time I was on.  Killed both of em one time to ensure the win, then sat back and let the rest of the crew have their way.

• Like 1

The lower the level, the more likely they are to wanna do a 1-on-1 deathmatch. They're not paying attention to your level. Pick on the weak.

I love cleaning up after someone in the crew accepts a 1-on-1 deathmatch. Last guy to do that with Robert had three hungry wolves diving on his carcass in seconds. It'd be the now-traditional race of "who kills them first? The snipers or the suicidal maniac driving around in the sticky-bombed-up car?"

• Like 1

I was at the part where you kidnap the cartel guy's wife.  How far was that into the game?  I haven't played since whenever it came out on ps3.  I just want to know if I damn near beat the game already because I'm getting it for PC when the coast is clear.

So I'm outta the loop, I know that they added a buncha ONLINE MULTI PLAYER stuff...but what single player stories(if any) did they add?

Any help here yo?

None of the current updates add any content to story mode.

Well, storymode is expanded on the PS4/XBONE with a murder mystery thing for Michael, so that'll probably be in the PC version. But other than that... the DLC weapons and vehicles are available offline. And that's about it.

You guys had a late night last night... or should I say an early morning this morning. 

I hopped on at four in the morning to knock out some Vanguard shit in Destiny and check Daily Challenges in GTA Online before coming to work to attend an early meeting and you fuckers were still at it.

No wonder your health is shit. GO TO BED~!

• Like 4