DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

How can you tell J.T.? I'm not worried because my rank is legitimate. I'm just curious if you got an alert or something.

GTA 5stats.com mirrors and checks against the Social Club website. 

You will get a notification if you put in your gamertag and check your profile.  You will see a message to the effect of "currently in updating queue" if your stats are being updated / reviewed in the player database.

Er, no. That means gta5stats.com is querying Rockstar's page to update gta5stats.com. Has nothing to do with Rockstar taking away RP.

How can you tell J.T.? I'm not worried because my rank is legitimate. I'm just curious if you got an alert or something.

GTA 5stats.com mirrors and checks against the Social Club website. 

You will get a notification if you put in your gamertag and check your profile.  You will see a message to the effect of "currently in updating queue" if your stats are being updated / reviewed in the player database.

Er, no.

Um, thanks and stuff.

Thanks J.T. I just checked mine and my K/D ratio is .73. I'm honestly shocked it's that much.

Y'all talk about your roles and nicknames. I don't have one, but I think it would be Brawny, because I can soak up more bullets than brand x.

• Like 1

Thanks J.T. I just checked mine and my K/D ratio is .73. I'm honestly shocked it's that much.

You don't die in free mode as much as you think you do and the suicide bomb tactic you use takes out multiple players in one shot without you being killed by another player.

I've still only played about two hours worth of Dm's in this game, I'm starting to get a little better at them.

So much better that you and Rippa have earned preferred target status from my bullets if you guys are on the other team.  

You two are really good sniper tandem, so I can't afford to let either you find a place to dig in and get comfortable.

Yeah, by the second or third DM I was pretty much convinced that there was a sniper scope aimed at my head any time I wasn't completely in cover.  I was right a lot of the time too.

Same way I was sure Dan was going to knife me in the back during the Dockyard DM.  I was slightly off there, as he apparently chose a bat as his weapon of choice, leading to a hilarious 30 second melee fight between the two of us.

• Like 1

Mel would love that map. I say we have a Mel/Rippa sniper-off while the rest of us toss some lawn chairs on the mountain and enjoy the show.

It has gotten to the point that I have to be mindful of what clothes I have on my toon.  

I have to think, "Can't wear the red leather jacket if we deathmatch this afternoon where sniper rifles will be in play.  I may as well wear a sign that says, 'Here I am! Shoot me!'"

That's exactly why I always wear that black suit. I want to wear more outrageous crap, but I need all the help I can get in Freemode. 

I became greatly aware of this when I dressed as Santa for Christmas in LS....I didn't make it a block before getting shot down.  I immediately went back inside and changed into gray's/whites (due to the snow)....

Now I'm running again in the all camo attire, occassionally changing it to the all black ensemble.

One of my favorite memories of this game was when it started snowing. I noticed the snow and figured it'd have a crazy effect on our driving  (it really didn't), so I said "I'VE GOTTA TRY THIS" and hopped out into Freemode on a bicycle.

So I'm going down the road on a bike, and here comes another white dot heading for me hard. I'm thinking "here comes the death, brace for it," but the dot gets up to me and it's another dude on a bicycle. We ring our bells at each other, salute, and ride off in different directions.

• Like 1

I've still only played about two hours worth of Dm's in this game, I'm starting to get a little better at them.

So much better that you and Rippa have earned preferred target status from my bullets if you guys are on the other team.  

You two are really good sniper tandem, so I can't afford to let either you find a place to dig in and get comfortable.

Yeah, by the second or third DM I was pretty much convinced that there was a sniper scope aimed at my head any time I wasn't completely in cover.  I was right a lot of the time too.

Same way I was sure Dan was going to knife me in the back during the Dockyard DM.  I was slightly off there, as he apparently chose a bat as his weapon of choice, leading to a hilarious 30 second melee fight between the two of us.

I have to get one melee attempt every time I play thi game.

I do think the improvement with the Heavy in thi game for our crew ha olidified me in a front line fighter mixed with a flanker.

• Like 1

It seems like EVERY race I get dumped into tonight has non-contact on, even stuff like 4 Way Madness where the whole purpose is total carnage.  I'm beginning to hate this option.

It seems like EVERY race I get dumped into tonight has non-contact on, even stuff like 4 Way Madness where the whole purpose is total carnage.  I'm beginning to hate this option.

That's weird - I've had very few races be non-contact. I've only had a handful, and I've only had one be non-contact when the purpose is contact - the 2-mile bridge one. I join tons of races randomly from the phone, and probably 10 percent of them have been non-contact.

I don't like the non-contact races because if you screw up once, that's your ass. The person in front gets such a huge lead, you have no chance of catching up. 

I would like to take a minute to be serious. Not to often am I a serious guy but allow me this pleasure. I WOULD LIKE TO WISH MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I hope that this day is filled with happiness and pleasure. Take the time to enjoy this day for it is very special RUKERED.

And oh yeah I'm gonna go visit Facebook now and post the same thing.

• Like 1

Best sniper shot I've made was tonight.  Did the roll under fire and sniped sulkys46.  Hey Robert, after you left, it started spawning armored cars left and right. Sulky and his boyfriend rolled up on me on the third one I got right as I blew the doors and I was able to sticky the personal vehicle to get both of them.  He shotgunned me off his spawn, but when I spawned back in I was able to shoot rpg's into his boyfriend's stolen ride and then him as he tried to snipe me down the street.  After that they fucked off again and headed back up north.  Ill give him his due, he could handle that sniper rifle, maybe a little too good.

See what I did there, I typed that just like I would on Facebook, but I used his gamertag instead.  I don't post happy birthday on Facebook though.  I'm too lazy to go looking for people's birthday on there. Hell half the time I go days or weeks without checking that thing.  I'm not a very good Facebook friend.

• Like 1

Me either mizz that's why I deleted mine on my birthday. I don't tell anybody happy birthday and don't want it all over my page or wall or blog or whatevern the hell it's called.

It seems like EVERY race I get dumped into tonight has non-contact on, even stuff like 4 Way Madness where the whole purpose is total carnage. I'm beginning to hate this option.

There are some races when it comes in handy.  I did a non contact version of The Academian with a couple of randoms and it wasn't entirely horrible because the person who designed the race just made a time trial through the Richman Hills with no real opportunity to make a passing move.

I am beginning to suspect that the problem isn't PIT moves; it is with courses not designed with racing in mind.  If you're racing on some player created race in Strawberry with mostly single lane roads and there are no real opportunities to pass and gain the lead, you're not leaving players any option other than to PIT their way to victory.

We haven't even introduced traffic or wanted levels into the equation.

That verified new race i did last night was pretty poor - Bad San Andreas. You drive around through some of the downtown parking garages.

But i was not really in the mood to play, so that might be part of it.