DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Whenever I did that mission, I'd take the A-Team Van.

Havoc: "Again with this A-Team shit?"*

Cris: "I pity the fool who think B.A. Baracus is a MMA Fighter."

* nb: Havoc is only 21 years old. The A-Team means little and less to him.

What good is the car wash if it wont actually wash off mud?

It washes off Sticky Bombs, what more do you want? Also, if you find a friend using a carwash, chuck a grenade in there with them. something interesting happens.

Had an impromptu race vs. a guy with a Massacro this morning before breakfast and heading off to work..

Massacro definitely has the acceleration advantage, but it maneuvers like a pregnant brick in the turns.  The guy always oversteered when trying to PIT me.  I won't be selling my Elegy RH8 anytime soon; it still feels like the best handling car in the Sports class.

I won by three full seconds and then had to shoot my opponant at the finish line because he was a sore loser and tried to RPG my car. 

Got rid of the Phoenix and invested in a Gauntlet so RIP to the Bandit Version One.  I loved that whip, but she's not the muscle car for the short track. 

Finally gave in to the harsh calculus that I already knew in my head of the Gauntlet being the better overall muscle car.

My new Gauntlet is painted black and gold, so say hello to the Bandit Version Two.

Huntley S is not as ugly as I thought it was.  That may end up being the SUV I get for my garage.

• Like 1

It was the Karin Rebel

It saved me from at least three shots from Dolfan.

And then I was able to shoot through its windshield to cap Dolfan a 2nd time.

Then I knew it was time to move before the RPG blew it to kingdom come

Yeah, that truck had to go.  I will say, it was fun sniping you and yelling at you like a disobedient cat.

"No.  Off the high ground."

It was the Karin Rebel

It saved me from at least three shots from Dolfan.

And then I was able to shoot through its windshield to cap Dolfan a 2nd time.

Then I knew it was time to move before the RPG blew it to kingdom come

Yeah, that truck had to go.  I will say, it was fun sniping you and yelling at you like a disobedient cat.

"No.  Off the high ground."

Then he found another way back to his perch even after I took out his attack heli with an RPG.

Damien Death 69 took a cue from Rippa's tactics.  I had to snipe that guy when he headed to nearly the exact same spot.

Oh, btw, someone on reddit got this:

xQ4JKJl.jpg

I approve.

I'd like to see more done against obvious exploiters. 

Resetting the World Record times once a month would also be nice.

• Like 1

Well I found a story from the beginning of April claiming that Rockstar was working RP reductions.

The same site had another story this AM that included this

Here are excerpts from Rockstar's recent FAQ on RP level reduction:

• Rockstar plans to strip off illegitimate RP from those players' accounts who have been using mods and cheats to get ahead of their opponents.
  • However, gamers who have earned RP legitimately through RP missions would not be penalised by Rockstar.
  • In addition, Rockstar will restore the affected players' accounts back to the state before the violations occurred (if these violations happened before 20 May).
  • Those who continue to violate the rules of the game by hacking or cheating after 20 May are likely to face stiffer penalties on their gamer accounts including suspensions, account resets, removal of experience points and resetting of rankings as well as removal of currency barring unspent money from Shark Cards.

These both come from that IBT UK site so I don't know how valid they are but... yup

Yeah, I've never used hacks, mods, or glitches to win.

If they busted my Rank for trolling some players, I'd be down to Rank 50.

Some guys ask for it, though.  I can see why Robert goes out of his way to blow up people's cars. I had some Rank 9 guy following me around the city on a fucking scooter this morning taking shots at my car. 

Everytime I'd stop and shoot back, he'd run away only to come back minutes later.   I finally got fed up and blew him up along with his fucking Faggio and then spawn killed him a couple times for good measure.

People are reporting having their Levels adjusted from 450 to 200. Whoop-de-do.

Apparently R* does a real good job of just taking away what you glitched to get and leaving behind what you really earned. These people are freaking cheaters, man, do something real to them and discourage this kind of thing in the future. Screw with their abilities to call in their beloved tanks. If people thought something real would happen to them besides just having whatever taken away, they might think twice about cheating.

Funny thing is, all having a high level in a Freemode room does is attract you unwanted attention, especially from psychopaths like us who will come after you first because you're a damn cheater. I can't count the amount of times we've all came into a room and all set waypoints for the guy in the room with the highest level 'cause we wanna see if he's all hat and no cattle, which the high-level players are 9 times out of 10.

I can completely understand the lazy player cheating up to level 120 to get the minigun, but these goofs went all the way up to the 900s - not real subtle. It's like being a pot dealer and driving around in a car covered with Bob Marley and "Legalize It" stickers.

• Like 2

I agree.  If you really want to punish the true cheaters, take away the money and the toys and demote them to where they have all of their top tier weapons locked. 

Busting a guy down from 400 to 200 and leaving it at that is crap.  He's still got a minigun and an RPG, a Rhino, a Buzzard, and God knows whatever else.

My profile just got scrubbed by Rockstar.  No adjustments made.... since I don't cheat.

How can you tell J.T.? I'm not worried because my rank is legitimate. I'm just curious if you got an alert or something.

GTA 5stats.com mirrors and checks against the Social Club website. 

You will get a notification if you put in your gamertag and check your profile.  You will see a message to the effect of "currently in updating queue" if your stats are being updated / reviewed in the player database.

I am going through and adding some of the newer Rockstar Verified stuff that we really enjoy (that I haven't added already)

Of course - I am also getting irritated again at some of the shit that Rockstar Verifies.

Oh and Stream Racer is the one that we definitely need to do as a larger group

OH! and Los Santos Riots was that deathmatch we did one time, really fucking loved and haven't touched again.

We need to revisit that

OH! and Los Santos Riots was that deathmatch we did one time, really fucking loved and haven't touched again.

We need to revisit that.

I also like that deathmatch.

Should be far more interesting now that you have a Heavy Sniper Rifle. 

I'll be keeping an eye on you on that map if you are on the other side.

Sorry I had to bail out on you all early last night, my kid was getting home from a field trip and I had to do some last minute squaring away of things before today, which is my first day back to work in two months.  I should be on this evening for the graveyard shift in los Santos hopefully.

Yeah Damien is in our crew, he runs another crew though.  He's a friend of mine from battles waged in modern warfare 3.  I should really tell him about the board, he'd enjoy it.  

I've still only played about two hours worth of Dm's in this game, I'm starting to get a little better at them.

Sorry I had to bail out on you all early last night, my kid was getting home from a field trip and I had to do some last minute squaring away of things before today, which is my first day back to work in two months.  I should be on this evening for the graveyard shift in los Santos hopefully.

That is nothing to apologize for, man.  I am a dad myself as is Rippa.  Always make sure your kid is squared away.

Yeah Damien is in our crew, he runs another crew though.  He's a friend of mine from battles waged in modern warfare 3.  I should really tell him about the board, he'd enjoy it.  .

Yeah, my friend Amy is also crew but runs with a set made up of some of her college friends.

I've still only played about two hours worth of Dm's in this game, I'm starting to get a little better at them.

So much better that you and Rippa have earned preferred target status from my bullets if you guys are on the other team.  

You two are really good sniper tandem, so I can't afford to let either you find a place to dig in and get comfortable.

The newest thing is mis and I each shoot the same person at the same exact time and then lament when the other gets credit for the kill

• Like 1

The newest thing is mis and I each shoot the same person at the same exact time and then lament when the other gets credit for the kill.

I got double tapped twice during Area 53.  I think that Dolfan also caught two bullet trails at once during the fight on the docks.

That is okay, though.  My turn to be the windshield is coming soon.

All in the name of brotherhood though.  We save the real mean streak for other players in free mode.