DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Dolfan concluded that the Zentorno looks like a frog with its mouth open.

I saw one this morning that was painted a metallic midnight blue and I thought:

Hssp2CarLotMIBC_lg.jpeg

Only Rippa and I are old enough to get that reference.

I think stout and I may be older than y'all.  I remember those, but never seen that one before.  They need to come up with a T-shirt for Zentorno owners kinda like the Go Ugly Early shirts A-10 pilots wear.

• Like 1

I think stout and I may be older than y'all.  I remember those, but never seen that one before.  They need to come up with a T-shirt for Zentorno owners kinda like the Go Ugly Early shirts A-10 pilots wear.

Holy Shit - that so needs to be the new crew logo

We need a new crew logo. I get ticked when I see randoms using the same logo we use. "That's our logo, you fuckers."

I tried modifying the mask in the DVDVR logo to get rid of the DVDVR - I'd like it to just be the mask, but bigger, if it can be, with a black background. I think that'd be badass. That weird circle the mask is in now bothers me, but I can't seem to change it, for I am a moron on all "creating" things. I played with the deathmatch creator for probably literally 2 minutes before I thought "fuck this, too much work" and got back to playing the game.

And how many of you guys drive around and think of this game? On my car-fixing/lunch trip I just got back from, I saw an armored truck (where's my sticky bombs?) and a Range Rover, which are real rare around here. I was telling Mis I hate it when people call the GTA cars by their "real" names. Kids were calling the Adder the Bughatti (or however it's spelled) and I'm like "what the hell are you talking about?" Mis always calls the Baller a Range Rover, and I never knew what he was talking about, but he's right, they're identical.

Same with the Penumbra and a Mirage - saw one of those and I'm like "hey, a Penumbra!" I saw the SUV that's the obvious inspiration for a Landstalker today, but I forget what kind of SUV it is.

And how many of you guys drive around and think of this game? On my car-fixing/lunch trip I just got back from, I saw an armored truck (where's my sticky bombs?) and a Range Rover, which are real rare around here. I was telling Mis I hate it when people call the GTA cars by their "real" names. Kids were calling the Adder the Bughatti (or however it's spelled) and I'm like "what the hell are you talking about?" Mis always calls the Baller a Range Rover, and I never knew what he was talking about, but he's right, they're identical.

Same with the Penumbra and a Mirage - saw one of those and I'm like "hey, a Penumbra!" I saw the SUV that's the obvious inspiration for a Landstalker today, but I forget what kind of SUV it is.

I get annoyed when kids call the Adder a Bugatti because it is not a fucking Bugatti.  That is the name of the manufacturer.  The vehicle model is a Veyron.

And yeah, most of the cars have real life analogs.  Ballaz are Range Rover Evoques, Coquettes are Corvette ZR-1's, most Grotti models are Ferraris and Pegassi vehicles are Lambo's (given the Pegassi logo, you'd assume the other way around) but the motorcycles are Ducati models., the Buffalo is a Dodge Charger while the Gauntlet is a Dodge Challenger, and ad nauseum.

The GTA wiki page has a lot of info about the real life models that GTA cars are based on.

I think the masked one's got the right idea, just needs tweaking/simplifying. Plus we gotta make sure whatever looks good on our cars. The fist one looks good on our cars, I just see other people with the logo and think "am I in here with crew? Wait, no."

And I have never had, as far as I can remember, an interest in cars. So I couldn't care less what cars the GTA cars are based on until I see one and think "oh, that's where they got that." That Range Rover looked practically identical to the hundreds I've stolen in this game. That was neat. It's easy to tell the Obeys are a ripoff of Audis, due to the logo.

I did buy a Monroe because I've always loved the looks of the cars they're based on, I think it's a '70s Corvette. Edit: Upon actually checking, maybe not.

Very rusty on golf. Shot -2 and got 3600 RP or so.

Almost got an eagle on 8.

Nd my secondary garage now has 6 Ballas in it.

Given the 3x RP, we definitely need DVDVR golf foursomes and tennis matches over the weekend.

I just noticed this announcment at the crew page on Social Club.

Death Valley Driver achieved FEUD V (Crew has won 2,500 or more feuds.) accomplishment.

FUCK YEAH~!

Awesome!

...what the fuck is a feud?*

*I know what the word means, and I can infer it means battling other crews, I'm just curious what the specific context of a feud is and how we win one?

Kinda curious whatta feud is too....

My only explanation is WHEN THE DVDR COMES INTO A MAP FULL OF LIL PU NANNY OTHER CREWS AND WE MAKE THEM LEAVE OUR MAP WITH THEIR LIL TAILS CRAMMED UP THEIR ASSES SO FAR IF YOU GET ONE MORE SNIPER HEAD SHOT ALL THAT'S LEFT IS A LITTLE WAGGIN PIECE OF ASS. Feud over the city shit why even try. CAUSE WE ARE THE D.V.D.R. AND WE ARE THAT DALM GOOD. All you need to do is go quietly if we're there or you will be forced out and another feud victory will be ours.

Anyway that's what I think.

• Like 2

THEIR LIL TAILS CRAMMED UP THEIR ASSES SO FAR IF YOU GET ONE MORE SNIPER HEAD SHOT ALL THAT'S LEFT IS A LITTLE WAGGIN PIECE OF ASS.

Thanks Mel. I may owe the office a new monitor after I clean all the water off that I WAS drinking.

• Like 3

I was just leaving the golf course, where I shot an even par, when evil Neil appeared. Wish I could have stayed for a round, but the wife was due to be picked up from work. Hopefully my lag wouldn't be as big of an issue in a golf game.

I think the driving camera, the one the farthest back from top of car, has had the physics changed with the new update. I have had the feeling of motion sickness starting a few times since the update.

Anyone else sense that? 

Since I'm not going to buy one for my online game, I checked out the Zentorno in the story mode. Took the car to LSC and tricked it totally out and took it for a highway ride. It's fast, but not Entity fast.

I have the condo/apt a couple blocks from the boardwalk and I love to see a armored car pull up for me to sticky. The canal is a great place to hide from the police.

The only drawback about that home base is the garage has an inclined entrance that knocks the top off my Sandking 60% of the time everytime.

In my defense, who parks a Grainger there?  I was aiming for a hummer (lol) that someone was taking cover behind, I think.  I will also stand behind my original statement that it was Mel's birthday candle.  

I also blew myself up with a sticky bomb while rippa and company looked on from a hummer (lol)

Phil and i were very fruitful in a short session.

A game of golf wherei shot -5 and got like 7500 RP.

Killed each other for bounties. I also got the platinum headshot medal.

We did an impromptu race. Somehow, we got disconnected and each ended up winning the race when th other person vanished.

Did the "welcome to LS" verified race at the airport. Not horrible.

The big thing was us doing a copter race, which i won. This got me the all-rounder medal, the numero uno achievement and the Angel tattoo.

• Like 1

And a hellova candle it was mizz. I appreciate the gift. Although idda liked it better iffin I wasn't drivin the "candle".

And oh yeah im outta likes again......why the hell is there a limit.

Thought I'd get on and take advantage of the extra rp playin golf with my secondary character. I FINALLY shot a -9 and got 8100 rp. I had -6 through 6 par on 7 eagled 8 and birdied 9 for -9. I was very happy. Then stout & Robert got on we farted round for a bit and the roast came online and we farted round summore. (His motorcycle race is great by the way). Found out other missions have gotten more difficult (me and jt whipped rooftop) and that I don't really like the red dot. But still hadda lotta fun...been to dalm long and hope to do it again in the near future. Till then war, hate, and anger my friends.

After you left, me and Robert continued our war on the streets until way too late. This one dork (done forgot his name) kept trying to shoot us with a minigun, but all that did was give away his position for a good ol' sniping. Robert killed him and some other goof with Simeon car ignition bombs. Robert came out of the pay and spray the second time with a dot right on top of him. Robert got killed, but the rest was pretty predictable.  

I don't like the red dot either. Makes it harder to see who's crew.

• Like 1