DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Finally got around to robbing all the stores so knocked out that award and achievement.

I really wish I was better at golf because it would make grinding towards 90 easier. Stupid constant -2s

Finally got around to robbing all the stores so knocked out that award and achievement.

I really wish I was better at golf because it would make grinding towards 90 easier. Stupid constant -2s

There are no words for how much I hate your collective leisure time.  At least the shift is quiet and I will be going to see Godzilla with my girlfriend and my kid after work.

There are no words for how much I hate your collective leisure time.  At least the shift is quiet and I will be going to see Godzilla with my girlfriend and my kid after work.

Priorities. ;)

Priorities. ;)

And overtime.  The cash will come in handy. 

There is also the added benefit of listening to the brass berate the project managers on the VOIP conference line.  The collision of ideals and priorities between civiillian engineers and full-bird Colonels is always hilarious.

"Our recommendation is to re-install the entire database."

"In the middle of the exercise?  Are you nuts? The sim is live, you assholes."

Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Chris and I played a round of golf and he watched my have a Greg Norman like meltdown on 7 and 8. Stupid golf.

I now look as close to B-Real as the game will let me.

Chris and I played a round of golf and he watched my have a Greg Norman like meltdown on 7 and 8. Stupid golf.

Mark and I hate Hole 7 like you would not believe.  The green is a putter's nightmare.

Hole 8 becomes bearable once you realize that if the wind is at your back, two power shots will get you to the green and a chance at an Eagle.

I now look as close to B-Real as the game will let me.

You got a hoodie and a skully beanie, didn't ya?

COMIN' FROM THA SLUMS.... ITS DA HOODLUMS....

With a canvas hat, cheked shirt, and the right facial hair, I may be able to pull off Sen Dog and then we can take a selfie.

1253094022_bezymyannyj3.jpg

It has now dawned on me that so far, Devin Weston's mission tree is the only one in the game where the primary crime being committed is grand theft auto.

I've found hole 9 is about the easiest putt on the course.  As long as you make it to the green in regulation and hit your power right, it's an easy birdie.  There's no slope at all to it no matter the angle.

And forget the putt on 7 being unbearable, the tee shot is worse.  50% of the time I either end up in one of the unplayable bushes or on that stupid footpath that is considered out of bounds.

Mark and I hate Hole 7 like you would not believe.  The green is a putter's nightmare.

Hole 8 becomes bearable once you realize that if the wind is at your back, two power shots will get you to the green and a chance at an Eagle.

The only way I can hit the green on hole 8 in two is putting my second shot pretty much through the trees and have it bounce off the fairway &  leapfrog the bunker onto the green.  I've gotten a couple eagles that way in my last couple days of golf, but more often than not I end up in the sand.

The more I play the more stupid, risky shots like that I take because the payout is worth it.

But your Strength stat isn't maxed out yet, right?  

If you and Rippa job five set epic tennis matches to each other this weekend, you two will rank up like crazy and your respective Strength stats will max out. 

Your shots off tee should be dramatically improved.

Haven't played a full round in months. This should be interesting.

Hole #1: all four shots were "perfect", and an easy birdie.

Hole #2: 2nd shot was touch and go, but it just made it onto the green and got the birdie.

Hole #3: Drive was looking good, catching the wind left to right, but it just kicked off of the fringe and ended up 7 feet from the hole. Couldn't quite nail the putt and ended up par.

Hole #4: Wind was left to right, so I tried to get a bit too cute with the drive. It ended up catching the tree and landing in the rough. I made the green in the 2nd shot but it would have been a miraculous putt to make the birdie, so I ended up with par.

Hole #5: Argh! 2nd shot was a foot from the hole. Gimme putt for a birdie.

Hole #6: Drive was 3 feet from the hole. Easy birdie.

Hole #7: FUCK THIS GREEN. Nailed the 2nd shot, thought I had the birdie in the bag, but I couldn't read the green at all. Par.

Hole #8: Meh. Wind is side to side, so I try to lay up with the 2nd, and I STILL end up in the rough. My pitch isn't bad, but on my putt, I think there's more break then there is, and end up with a par.

Hole #9: No drama here. End up with a 5 foot birdie putt.

Overall: 5 under, and 6900 RP. Like I need that.

I shot a -5 this afternnon. I came close to getting a 3 on hated hole 7. My drive had a +5 tail wind so got a great drive. And my second shot was below the hole only 4-5 feet aeatly. But i pushed it to the right.

I think the easiest putt is 1, since its green is flat. I think its designed to help you by starting with a birdie#eagle hole.

Phil last night said he needed aces, so i said i would throw a match where he played Goran Ivanicovic.

Haven't played a full round in months. This should be interesting.

I was in the same situation. Basically everything is stronger/more accurate. Also the game was quicker to get through than before.

But your Strength stat isn't maxed out yet, right?  

If you and Rippa job five set epic tennis matches to each other this weekend, you two will rank up like crazy and your respective Strength stats will max out. 

Your shots off tee should be dramatically improved.

Ah that makes sense.  I just hit 60/100 in said golf game this morning,

I think I played about 4 or 5 rounds this morning. But one of the last rounds was a Caddyshack rainstorm. Puddles of water everywhere and high wind. About halfway through that game the rain cleared out and the sun returned to dry out the greens. Pretty funny to see dark skies and swimming pools of rain on a hole and then go to clear and sunny. 

After you left, me and Robert continued our war on the streets until way too late. This one dork (done forgot his name) kept trying to shoot us with a minigun, but all that did was give away his position for a good ol' sniping. Robert killed him and some other goof with Simeon car ignition bombs. Robert came out of the pay and spray the second time with a dot right on top of him. Robert got killed, but the rest was pretty predictable.  

I don't like the red dot either. Makes it harder to see who's crew.

I actually remember that one clown's name because we killed him so many times that I finally got it right - CharlieDontSerf  I made myself feel old by saying "Sorry, Charlie" about a thousand times.  He was level 120-something, and needed to learn that there are times when the minigun is not the best weapon for the job.  Fortunately, we were there to supply the lesson.  Another teaching moment supplied by the DVDR nite shift.  Blasted him out of two tanks too.

The second guy on the ignition bomb was funny.  I didn't think he'd go for it, because he was so slow on the uptake when I came out lf LSC. 

Still disappointed that my suicide bomb attempt in a tanker truck rigged with a sticky bomb failed.  And I couldn't do anything without getting a bounty put on me last night.  I got at least 4 or 5, including two in a row.

• Like 1

Just missed a -9. Of all things, i parred hole 8 after having my birdie put go about an inch to the right.

Phil and I did a bunch of races and golf and exchanged bounties and sold a lot of Ballas.

• Like 1