DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Sony has revealed the PS Plus content coming to Europe and North America in June, and also announced PS4 owners will now get twice as many titles a month.

There are other changes too. A post on the PS Blog explains that, starting in July, games will be available for slightly less time, from the first Wednesday of the month right up until the first Wednesday of the following month. Sony justifies this by explaining most gamers are downloading the titles right away, but in effect this means you may not have access to as many titles on PS3 as you once did. -IGN

Trine 2: Complete Story will also be offered in June. Glad I did not purchase this when pickings were slim on the PS4.

Here's the full update for June:

Free

Trine 2 (PS4) - I'll be downloading this for sure

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4) - yeah, not so much

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3) - never played it but will give it a shot

NBA 2k14 (PS3) - wish it was the PS4 version but I'll take it anyway

Terraria (Vita)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (Vita)

Other news:

- going forward, all three platforms (PS3, PS4, Vita) will get two games per month.

- ALL games will be available on the first Tuesday of the month and available ALL month

- other titles coming include Secret Ponchos and Drive Club PS Plus Edition

Can't say I have any complaints about this update.

Sly Cooper and NBA2K14 for free, yeah, this is a good month.  

They give any indication on what the E3 Freebies are going to end up being, besides possibly Killzone?

These are the games currently testing on Playstation Now. Color me unimpressed when I loaded it today:

Games Available For Test

• All Zombies Must Die
  • Big Sky: Infinity
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
  • Hunter’s Trophy 2 : America
  • Legasista
  • Mercury HG
  • Overlord: Raising Hell
  • Pacific Rim
  • PixelJunk Eden (No DLC)
  • Poker Night at the Inventory 2
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  • Way of the Samurai 3
  • Dead Island Riptide
  • Choplifter HD
  • MX vs ATV: Alive
  • Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
  • Tales from Space: About a Blob
  • Ben 10: Omniverse
  • Papo & Yo

There's a new free to play Ace Combat game on PS3.  Seems decent from what I've played.

On the other side, I'm done with the F2P Soul Calibur.  The loading times are way too long (when the game is even up) and it's way too grindy.  The Tekken and Dead or Alive F2P games are much better.

So, while redownloading DCUO tonight, ran into a problem.  Something happened that borked the PS Store.  No one can get in as of now.  Might clear up by morning, but its not just me.  It was a PSN error that start it I think, since my system crashed hard trying to sync trophy data loading DCU (required a database rebuild and corruption check before I was running), so just be awares.

Apparently, they updated the Store this evening (update must've came in while I was DLing the DCU assests.)  And everyone's borked since the update.

This week's update for the US:

Free

- Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) - Side-scrolling action game with fabulous graphics.  I'll be downloading this for sure.

- Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4) - Lots of people love it, me not so much.  Just not a fan of Pixeljunk's work.

- NBA 2k14 (PS3) - Another current-season sports title for the PS3 comes to Plus, joining PES 14.  I'll be downloading for sure, all while cursing that it's not the PS4 version.

Discounts

- This week it's all about the Rainbow Moon.  The game is $4.89 and a whole bunch of booster items are way discounted.  I'll be picking some up for sure.

I thought this was the week they were rolling out the "Everything for the month releases in the beginning" policy, or is that July?

Only because I want Sly Cooper in addition to NBA2k14.

And what's the likelyhood of them either freebieeing The Show, or discounting it?

I thought this was the week they were rolling out the "Everything for the month releases in the beginning" policy, or is that July?

And what's the likelyhood of them either freebieeing The Show, or discounting it?

They said June somewhere last week and are now saying "hey wait, no, we really said July".

So, yeah, July for the all-at-once plan.

As for The Show, I'd say the odds are somewhere between zero and nil.  Why give away a franchise that's the only game in its genre?

They said June somewhere last week and are now saying "hey wait, no, we really said July".

So, yeah, July for the all-at-once plan.

As for The Show, I'd say the odds are somewhere between zero and nil. Why give away a franchise that's the only game in its genre?

I could see them doing the show in like October November because of the save cross over hey make your guy now and when the new game comes out bamb ready to play

The flash RPG sale on PSN is sweet. Ends Friday.

• Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky – $24.99
  • Conception 2 – $29.99
  • Dark Souls 2 – $38.99
  • Demon’s Souls – $9.99
  • Dragon Age: Origins – $4.99
  • Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – $19.99
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) – $39.99
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS Vita) – $29.99
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – $4.99
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC – Ranges from $2.49 to $4.99
  • Mass Effect Trilogy – $14.99
  • Mass Effect 3 DLC – Ranges from $4.99 to $7.49
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – $4.99
  • Soul Sacrifice – $6.49
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth – $41.99
  • Tales of Graces f – $17.49
  • Tales of Xillia – $39.99
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons – $19.99

Mass Effect for $15 gives me no excuse, save for not having the time for it.

I've beat all three of the games twice, on 360 which I don't have any more...I can't even pretend like I have the ability to pass up on that price.

The flash RPG sale on PSN is sweet. Ends Friday.

• Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky – $24.99
  • Conception 2 – $29.99
  • Dark Souls 2 – $38.99
  • Demon’s Souls – $9.99
  • Dragon Age: Origins – $4.99
  • Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – $19.99
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) – $39.99
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS Vita) – $29.99
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – $4.99
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning DLC – Ranges from $2.49 to $4.99
  • Mass Effect Trilogy – $14.99
  • Mass Effect 3 DLC – Ranges from $4.99 to $7.49
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – $4.99
  • Soul Sacrifice – $6.49
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth – $41.99
  • Tales of Graces f – $17.49
  • Tales of Xillia – $39.99
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons – $19.99

Thanks for pointing this out. I can pick up DAO and Amalur now.

Mass Effect for $15 gives me no excuse, save for not having the time for it.

Would be nice if they'd done a sale on just the first game.  I've got (but not played) 2 & 3 from before #1 was even available on PS3.  I suppose I could sell the disc versions and buy the trilogy...

Demon's Souls is really fun. I wouldn't say it's hard per se, it's more that it doesn't hold your hand like so many other games. But yeah, get used to dying a lot :)

I was thinking of picking up the Mass Effect Trilogy (never played them before) but I'm running out of space on my hard drive. I did snag Dragon Age, which I've also never played.

And I kept telling myself I wasn't going to have a backlog. Damn these flash sales!