DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I'm downloading this soccer game. I know squat about soccer, but it's free.

It's the only sport to have a player blade himself right on the field because his team was losing. That's all you need to know.

And, no, I'm not making that up.

It's the only sport to have a player blade himself right on the field because his team was losing. That's all you need to know.

The FIFA series may be my favorite sports series because it's so easy to get into the flow on the pitch and every possession feels like life and death.

Pro Evolution used to be viewed as the premiere soccer series on consoles, but that really started to change with the 360/PS3 Generation.  PES is also hurt by the fact that they do not have all the licensing that EA does.

Actually I think that happened in rugby once too, and was a big scandal in those circles.

I was shocked I'd never heard about it for years because it's soooooooo up DVDVR's alley.

Little late here, but Thomas Was Alone is really neat, with a great script. I'm digging it.

Yeah, I really liked it as well. It's about as minimalist as can be, but still manages to convey a funny, sorta touching story. Might be my favorite of the games I've grabbed from PS+ so far.

This week's update for those in the US:

Free

- Skullgirls Encore (PS3) - Followup to the hit 2D fighting game.  I have no interest in this but I know the first game was well-received.

Discounts

- it's "Free to Play" week so sales on Blacklight Retribution, Dust 514, Warframe and others

This week's update in the US:

Free

- Puppeteer (PS3) - I've heard this is good.  To me, this looks like more generic indie crap that PS+ has been feeding us lately.

- Surge Deluxe (Vita)

Discounts

- No sale this week

FYI: per the Playstation Blog, this is your last week to 'purchase' Resogun as a freebie, as well as last year's E3 "headliner" games LBP Kart and Uncharted 3. If you expect to get a PS4 ever, go get Resogun from the PSN web store, you'll regret not doing so. I still haven't gotten to Uncharted 3 yet, so I can't comment on it; LBPK is...well, it's a kart game with a track builder. It's worth your $0, but I've never really latched onto LBP. I would expect XCOM to expire on June 10 as well to make room for next year's PS+ "headliners."

Second that thought on Resogun. "Buy" it now on the off chance you'll have a PS4 three years from now.

I keep meaning to get my Boss's PS3 to fix and convince him to let me keep. I probably should start "buying" the PS3 freebies. I wasn't sure if you could do that online like you can with the Xbox Live games, though :/

You can buy any PS3 or PS4 freebies so long as you have a Plus account but you have to do it through the Sony web store.  If you try to do it from a console, it limits you to that console's games.

This week's games in the US:

Free

- Limbo (Vita) - Black & white horror-themed platformer/puzzle game that got a ton of love when released.  This one was a total miss with me but pretty much everyone else loves it.

- Battlefield 3 (PS3) - Free trial.  Why are they doing this when the full game was free not too long ago?  Dumb.  Give us Battlefield 4, guys.

Discounts

- All 3 versions of The Lego Movie, not much else.

This week's games in the US:

Free

- Limbo (PS3/Vita) - Black & white horror-themed platformer/puzzle game that got a ton of love when released.  This one was a total miss with me but pretty much everyone else loves it.

- Battlefield 3 (PS3) - Free trial.  Why are they doing this when the full game was free not too long ago?  Dumb.  Give us Battlefield 4, guys.

Discounts

- All 3 versions of The Lego Movie, not much else.

You might want to doublecheck your source, it is a Battlefield 4 free trial.

I guess the rumor is that either Killzone or Knack will be revealed as the first major PS Plus release on PS4.

I know the releases for June look kind of dull unless you're a PS3 owner that has yet to play NBA 2K14.

This was the rumors that leaked today:

NeoGAF has spotted the PS Plus games for June, suggesting the games we'll be getting for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita - and you might not be too impressed.

PS3 gamers look to be getting NBA 2K14 and indie survival horror game Lone Survivor (worth playing, honestly!).

PS Vita gamers will get access to Dragon's Crown, another great little side-scrolling hack and slash game from the guys behind Muramasa's Rebirth.

And lastly PS4 PS Plus subscribers will get... PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. Sigh. Not exactly a stellar line-up this month, admittedly.

The post on NeoGAF suggested this would be for EU region, though US subscribers will likely be getting the same deal.

However it was also revealed over on the official PlayStation blog that gamers can get to play Battlefield 4 for 20 hours for free, which might sweeten the deal this month a little.

If you're concerned about the poor grade of PS4 PS Plus games of late, fear not, it is expected that Sony will reveal its plans for PS Plus in this regard at E3 2014, perhaps revealing we'll get Knack or Killzone: Shadow Fall for free.

You might want to doublecheck your source, it is a Battlefield 4 free trial.

See...what had happened was...

In my defense, the box art for BF3 and BF4 look a LOT alike.  And uh...

This was the rumors that leaked today:

NeoGAF has spotted the PS Plus games for June, suggesting the games we'll be getting for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita - and you might not be too impressed.

PS3 gamers look to be getting NBA 2K14 and indie survival horror game Lone Survivor (worth playing, honestly!).

PS Vita gamers will get access to Dragon's Crown, another great little side-scrolling hack and slash game from the guys behind Muramasa's Rebirth.

And lastly PS4 PS Plus subscribers will get... PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate. Sigh. Not exactly a stellar line-up this month, admittedly.

The post on NeoGAF suggested this would be for EU region, though US subscribers will likely be getting the same deal.

However it was also revealed over on the official PlayStation blog that gamers can get to play Battlefield 4 for 20 hours for free, which might sweeten the deal this month a little.

If you're concerned about the poor grade of PS4 PS Plus games of late, fear not, it is expected that Sony will reveal its plans for PS Plus in this regard at E3 2014, perhaps revealing we'll get Knack or Killzone: Shadow Fall for free.

I have no problem with that batch of games.  NBA 2k14 is a good title, though it would be nice if it was the PS3 AND PS4 version and nost just PS3.  I'm probably the only shooter fan on the planet that doesn't like Pixeljunk though.

I'm holding out hope that the big freebie announcement at E3 is Infamous: Second Son since I don't have that but do have Killzone.

On the bright side, it may not be the US list, and even if it is we're probably getting at least 2, possibly 3 AAA announcements at E3 for the full-year deal.

Meanwhile, I'm not a big Pixeljunk Shooter fan (honestly, Eden is the only game in that series that I got much pleasure out of, and if it hadn't come out when I had JUST gotten my PS3 and only had MGS4, Bionic Commando Rearmed and GTAIV I might not have cared) but Dragon's Crown is something I have nearly bought every time it goes on sale and never quite gone through with, so that would make me very happy (Too bad it's not crossbuy.)