DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

As much as I enjoy hearing what you nerds are excited for at E3, there's only one question that matters, one question that's on all of our minds: What is Sisqo excited to see? Well now we have our answer:

Spoiler: It's Xenoblade Chronicles and Cuphead, for starters.

With Shenmue 3 and ME4 on the horizon, the winner is me... or is it both Sony and Microsoft since I will probably be forced to keep my hardcore nerd street cred by owning both next-gen consoles and thereby destroying my bank account?

Oh, well.  I hear that you can survive on ramen and spam for at least a month so long as you drink a little rain water every few days.

• Like 1

So, I asked a while back and didn't really get an answer. I am wondering why there's so much talk of people needing an Xbox One after MS' press conference. What did it? I have a 360, so backwards compatibility does nothing for me. I loathe Halo. Gears of War was fun for like 2 hours and then they made 2 more of them. While it did look like a better mixture of Resident Evil 4 style suspense but with the player having a chainsaw instead of the NPCs, it's not something I'm going to go drop $500 on. What am I missing out on?

So, I asked a while back and didn't really get an answer. I am wondering why there's so much talk of people needing an Xbox One after MS' press conference. What did it? I have a 360, so backwards compatibility does nothing for me. I loathe Halo. Gears of War was fun for like 2 hours and then they made 2 more of them. While it did look like a better mixture of Resident Evil 4 style suspense but with the player having a chainsaw instead of the NPCs, it's not something I'm going to go drop $500 on. What am I missing out on?

It's $350, not $500.

Why is that bullshit?

Because it isn't Power Stone. It looked like a Fusion Frenzy mod.

Well we aren't getting a Power Stone. I wish we were, but we aren't.

And the backgrounds are placeholders.

They fell way short of their stretch goal, so if anything, this will only hit PC. The beauty of Power Stone 2 was having 4 friends in a room, slugging it out, trying to go all Super Saiyan.

Well, sounds like you personally aren't missing out on anything.  I have a PS4 and will probably at some point get an Xbone because I really enjoy the Gears series.  Never been much into Halo.  I had the original on PC, didn't have an original Xbox so didn't play much of Halo 2, and had Halo 3 on 360 and just didn't like it that much.  If I were only interested in owning one system, it would be an easy choice for me personally just because I'm much more interested in MLB: The Show series and the Uncharted series than anything on Xbone right now or set to come out in the near future.  Plus Destiny has some exclusive stuff on PS4 as well.  I will say that based on their history that MS has to wow me a little more to get my dollar.  I'm just not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything. 

And for me, I was going to wind up getting an Xbone at some point before Halo 5 because I really like the Halo series. I really like what Halo 4 setup and felt like it was the second best entry in the series. I also love Forza and it's my favorite racing game, but Forza alone isn't going to sell me on a system. Halo will though, and that's coming.

That said, BC will force my hand early. I have a 360, but I'm more drawn to the PS4 to play MLB 15, and I have little desire to go back to an older system. If the Xbone will let me play Saints Row the Third and/or Skyrim, for sure that's a plus for me and that will hold me over until Halo comes out. In addition, Fallout 4 coming out with Fallout 3 and having mod support is selling me on the Xbone.

And for me, I was going to wind up getting an Xbone at some point before Halo 5 because I really like the Halo series. I really like what Halo 4 setup and felt like it was the second best entry in the series. I also love Forza and it's my favorite racing game, but Forza alone isn't going to sell me on a system. Halo will though, and that's coming.

That said, BC will force my hand early. I have a 360, but I'm more drawn to the PS4 to play MLB 15, and I have little desire to go back to an older system. If the Xbone will let me play Saints Row the Third and/or Skyrim, for sure that's a plus for me and that will hold me over until Halo comes out. In addition, Fallout 4 coming out with Fallout 3 and having mod support is selling me on the Xbone.

It sounds like Halo will be out before Backwards Compatibility is released. Halo comes out in October. Backwards Compatibility, I would guess will be sometime in November.

I was thinking Halo was coming out in November. That's cool then. I should wind up with an Xbone, Halo 5, Fallout 4 and Forza 6 maybe. That should last me for quite some time.

Also - a XBone isn't $500 unless you really really need a Kinect

Non-Kinect ones are $350

And you can obviously get cheaper if you by a refurb

And speaking for me personally - I have had my 360 since January 09. I *knock on wood* have had zero problems with it. But I also know I am living on borrowed time. So that is one of the reasons backwards compatability appeals to me.

• Like 1

My 360 replacement is technically still working, but I never use it because it's as loud as a vacuum cleaner and it gets red hot. The 360 Elite I have is still whisper quiet, but that's probably because I barely use it.

I've been very fortunate. I still am running an old model 360 that I bought new in 2009-10 (can't remember. It was prior to the NCAA Football that came out that year). I think it was that Christmas where they started rolling out the slimmer models you see today. I've luckily not had many issues with mine, but I play mine horizontally (Vertical set ups were part of the problem with people having theirs act up), and I really don't move the console around much either.

I hope it will keep lasting.  

That's why I say I don't give MS benefit of the doubt on anything.  Despite the slick interface, they don't put out good hardware.  I'd prefer to give the Xbone some more time but I will buy one for Gears for sure.  I mean, look at the size of the thing and then consider the fact that the power source is still a gigantic external brick.  How is it that Sony can put out a nice slim little console that is the most powerful thing out there with an internal power supply and MS has this gigantic thick rectangle with a large external power brick?

• Like 3

Head over to IGN and check out the list if 360 titles already running on the xbone (If you're in the preview program, that is). Includes high-demand titles like Hexic HD.