DVDVR Message Board

DC TV THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

It's good for five minutes. Fun hook with the A listers, character stuff, and a cliffhanger. Might be better to wait and watch the whole thing in a 30 minute sitting when it's done but it's not bad regardless.

They do a lot of her outfoxing/surprising Ollie and Barry to get her over which is kinda lazy so ymmv on that.

I started watching Arrow today just to have as background noise and....its actually kinda good and a bit addictive.

I started it two weeks ago, and just finished the last episode of Season 3 about 30 minutes ago.

This is probably the best superhero show on television.

I started watching Arrow today just to have as background noise and....its actually kinda good and a bit addictive.

I started it two weeks ago, and just finished the last episode of Season 3 about 30 minutes ago.

I think its really good although the middle of the seasons tend to get bogged down for me and I really wish they would stop with the flashbacks since this seasons flashbacks were just horrible to sit through. That being said I give the edge to Flash in best super hero show category but this is a close second. A lot of times this show feels like "we really want to do a batman tv show so we can't so we'll do Arrow and have him be our stand in Batman". I still dig it though a lot and I'm looking forward to the new season. 

Just out of the Flash panel at Dragon Con. Really fun panel, highlight was an actual priest asking Candace Patton about the weird overtones of Barry/Iris and Patton getting indignant and asking why she gets asked this at every con. I was impressed to hear that JWS actually kept track of the character after the old series ended, knew about Rebirth and was ready to go for Henry when Berlanti approached him.

I think its really good although the middle of the seasons tend to get bogged down for me and I really wish they would stop with the flashbacks since this seasons flashbacks were just horrible to sit through. That being said I give the edge to Flash in best super hero show category but this is a close second. A lot of times this show feels like "we really want to do a batman tv show so we can't so we'll do Arrow and have him be our stand in Batman". I still dig it though a lot and I'm looking forward to the new season. 

I honestly didn't think the middle part of any seasons dragged. I was captivated the entire time watching all three seasons. The only thing I don't really like is Speedy (as she is now), but I'll probably warm up to her in the new season. Oh, and ATOM. No thanks. I read people hated S3, but I loved it. The Ra's stuff was awesome, I thought.

Diggle as the "Guardian" looks better in live action than he does in promo pictures, for sure. Even if there's only brief flashes of him in the helmet in the new S4 preview.

I honestly didn't think the middle part of any seasons dragged. I was captivated the entire time watching all three seasons. The only thing I don't really like is Speedy (as she is now), but I'll probably warm up to her in the new season. Oh, and ATOM. No thanks. I read people hated S3, but I loved it. The Ra's stuff was awesome, I thought.

Diggle as the "Guardian" looks better in live action than he does in promo pictures, for sure. Even if there's only brief flashes of him in the helmet in the new S4 preview.

I really hated the flashbacks last season. I mean I'm not even sure what purpose they served. At no point did I even remotely care about it. Atleast season 2's flashback's were interesting with getting off the island. Personally I think that once he's off the island that should be it. Instead he's off the island, he ran around china, came back to Starling City, now he's in Coast City, at some point he goes BACK to the island and apparently gets stuck there before being "rescued". Its just too convoluted. It makes him look stupid that he's apparently already super powered or whatever and he's running around the world involved in all these big fights and somehow he goes back to the island and apparently needs rescuing off of it again. 

• Like 1

My problem with Season 3, is that Ra's is supposed to be a million steps higher on the food chain than Deathstroke, but the way it played out made him somehow seem less threatening than Slade.

Different styles. Deathstroke's attack had this real premeditated ferocity to it. He took on Ollie from all sides but the Miracle also gave him an obvious advantage. Ra's was as deadly without a weakness and more or less just dismantles him effortlessly as soon as he decides that's the play. I found Ra's had more or an endboss feel but the Slade arc was more satisfying due to how personal it was and the way they tied past and present together.

• Like 3

So as much as the Arrow trailer shows more, the Flash S2 trailer giving us our first look at

Jay Garrick

While also confirming the whole season will be

Full on parallel universe nonsense with characters from other universes crossing over via last season's portal.

This should be awesome. I was assuming Zoom would be the Hunter Zolomon take but as I hear more it sounds closer to the Rival or Daniel West Reverse Flashes. Very interested in that part.