DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs: OCTOFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

I saw an impressive double flop with Parker and Paul both hitting the deck with Parker straight up laying there like he was dead. 

I also saw Duncan leap onto the back of Griffin for some steal and then freak out that someone dared to call a foul on him.  Duncan has never ever committed a foul in his life.  Never. 

Hope both teams manage to foul out everyone on the court.  I've had enough.

After that game last night, I may have to ban some people to feel better. Too bad I have never met a real Clippers fan in my life. 

I think it's Billy Crystal and a bunch of young adults that got beat up a lot growing up.   

You can't exactly blame them for not flying their flag high. 

Also:

xw186pangxo0streuq2y.gif

After that game last night, I may have to ban some people to feel better. Too bad I have never met a real Clippers fan in my life.

I think it's Billy Crystal and a bunch of young adults that got beat up a lot growing up.   

You can't exactly blame them for not flying their flag high.

The one Clips fan I know is someone who moved to LA 30 years ago who wanted a local team and refused to glom onto the Lakers.

The Clippers are so bewildering. Last night, we saw why Blake was everyone's favorite player for his rookie year. I really want to Lob City. But, yes, they're so whiny and Chris Paul is somehow possibly the best point guard of his era but despicable but also planned his high school reunion. But Doc Rivers is a total j-o and his son is so undeserving of getting minutes for a quality playoff team.

And Clippers fans are so lame. I can get behind transplants to LA wanting to root for them because they hate the Lakers. I'd imagine that would have been my move if I ended up in LA at a formative age.

I actually don't mind Baynes getting posterized twice. Hell, at least he went for the block. guys are so afraid of being on the wrong end of a Sportscenter moment they would rather walk away and give up the two. I want to say it was the 2003 Finals and they were showing the highlights.of the last game. Early on, Duncan or the Admiral got posterized by Kenyon Martin or Richard Jefferson. The next shot was the Spurs celebrating with the trophy. 

• Like 2

I'd like to think I'm still in my formative years at 33.

Being 35, I'd like to think I am too, but looking at my hairline and my waistline, reality suggests otherwise.

It's too bad we gotta get old, Stallion.

• Like 1

I kind of hate the Clippers which is weird because I think they do play a fun brand of basketball (that Blake dunk was disgusting and I jumped out of my chair) but they are always bitching and terrible awful flopping.  It's tough to root for. Very frustrating. 

I think the only guy on the team I like is Crawford.  Doc is another story. I'd rather not discuss Doc Rivers at this time.

Couple fun games tonight.  I like seeing the Bulls at full strength and then you have the Warriors vs. the Brows.

Warriors are just too deep. Bench play in the second brought them back, then played 50-50 ball until they found times to pull away. Once that happened, Pelicans had no shot.

EVERYTHING has to go wrong with the Warriors for them to lose, it seems. That's not gonna happen often.

I am a little surprised by how feisty Bulls-Bucks is.  Makes an otherwise ho-hum series memorable.  Pels-Warriors reminds me a lot of Bulls-Celtics in 86.  Davis is definitely 86 Jordan, in that you know huge things are ahead of this dude with the right personnel around him.

Of course not, but there are some interesting parallels between the two.  Similar home records, best team in the league, absurdly deep roster.  Also boasting top 5 players at two positions.  Now the young upstart vs established team dynamic isn't there, but everything else is. Curry is definitely Bird to AD's Jordan(minus the rings).