DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Which isn't a bad plan. Despite a wave of injuries, they were two wins away from the title.

And they wouldn't have much flexibility to improve even if they'd let them all go.

If they had not signed anyone but James, they still would have only had the smaller MLE to bring in new players.

Also, I like the Shumpert deal. I mean, Demarre Carroll is making 60 mil. I think 40 for Shump is fair value in this off season.

Cavs are currently trying to convince Mo Williams to come back for the mini mid level. That would be awesome. Would be a great back up, and would allow the Cavs to move Haywood for a mid season trade exception.

I like how Lebron is making Gilbert pay for the shit he stirred up during the last lockout. I've seen reporters say they could end up with a $100mm luxury tax bill and that is just insane. I'm certainly not a Cavs fan and not even really much of a Lebron fan but I really do love seeing a player have this kind of power over an owner.

If the Cleveland Cavs owner(I dont even like saying his name) is willing to pay it, I say go for them all.  It's not my money and it's a good team...when they're all on the floor.  Plus, outside of Lebron, the most important players on that team are 28 years old or younger.  Kyrie, Shumpert, Love, Tristan, & Mozgov.

The BIG elephant in the room with the Cavs, and I've said this before, is whether that team can stay healthy.  We all know Kevin Love and Kyrie's history.  Add Shumpert in there.  Tristan may not have the talent to be a max level guy, but he is probably worth $80 million to the Cavs just because he can stay on the floor.  Not sure I can say the same thing about Love and Varejao.

They are going drag their feet on the JR SMITH deal though.

Edited by _MJ_

even Omer Asik is signing already with the Pelicans.

I'm curious to see who signs Wes Matthews and for how much. He's coming off that Achilles injury. Not an easy injury to come back from very soon.

He might be the Knicks/Lakers WTF are they thinking special. . . 

A 3 year deal for Paul Pierce?  Good luck with that, GM Doc.

I still don't what the Sixers are doing, Cole Miner.  The adverse effect of tanking for these high draft picks is it create an environment where little to no free agents want to go there.  One of these picks have to hit.

In 3 years Hinkie has turned a core of Andre Iguodala, Spencer Hawes, Evan Turner, Jrue Holiday:

INTO

Jahlil Okafor
Nerlens Noel
Joel Embiid
Nik Stauskas
Robert Covington
Jordan MCrae

2015 1st pick which will likely be top 5 in a decent draft
2015 LAL 1st pick (who after them losing in FA will likely be top 7) top 3 protected
2015 OKC 1st pick (forget the prot.)
2015 MIA 1st pick (top 10 prot)

So the Sixers got:

1) A lottery pick guard from last season who badly needed a change of scenery since supposedly Boogie made his life hell.
2) A Top 10-protected pick.

3) SWAP rights in two other drafts with a pretty crummy team?

And the Kings got:

1) Some cap room to MAYBE try and sign headcase PG in Rondo whose talent is slipping and can't shoot/a SG coming off an Achille's tear/Monta Ellis, who has roughly 10,000 miles on him.

Sacramento may have been better off in the Maloofs hands.

I doubt it. Lakers aren't even mentioned. Raptors & Mavs have been mentioned on Wes...

COLE MINER!!!! Sixers got a guard. Nick Stauskas.  How quick did  the Kings give up on him?

I hope for Sacramento's sake they have verbal agreements in place with the free agents they want already. Right now looks like

Landry

Thompson

Stauskas

Top 10 protected 1st round pick 2 years after their obligation to Chicago is completed

Right to swap 1st round picks in 2 other drafts.

For draft rights to Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic. Those are 2 of the second round picks from this year. Mitrovic was the one that was called a stretch 4 that can't shoot. It is a very lopsided trade. I wasn't all that high on Stauskas coming into the draft last year. He had a decent March. Hopefully they can do something with him.This would have been a good deal without him even in it. Since it was basically done for cap space. Way more than what we got for taking on McGee last year. Once I saw the picks included I figured we had to be giving up Saric. Just crazy.

This is the Trade

Carl Landry

Jason Thompson

Nik Stauskas

Kings 2018 top ten protected first

Rights to switch 1st round picks with Kings in both 2017 and 2019

For

The rights to Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic