DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - THE REST OF THE SEASON...

RIPPA

LA and Calgary play one another on Thursday. As long as nobody gets a loser point in that game, the Jets should only need to win at home against Calgary to get in.

That game is definitely going to OT.

/pessimistic fan ovah here.

Winnipeg gets St. Louis tonight. Calgary and LA get....Arizona and Edmonton. The Jets aren't going to make the playoffs at all.

Don't worry. When it comes to helping out Calgary, St. Louis is useless (as I previously documented). So the Jets will win 5-1 or something.

God I hope Calgary beats Arizona tonight. If Calgary loses to LA and Winnipeg, it will really suck, but at least Calgary would be losing out to playoff teams. Losing to Arizona would be just the lamest way to miss out on the playoffs.

Winnipeg gets St. Louis tonight. Calgary and LA get....Arizona and Edmonton. The Jets aren't going to make the playoffs at all.

Don't worry. When it comes to helping out Calgary, St. Louis is useless (as I previously documented). So the Jets will win 5-1 or something.

God I hope Calgary beats Arizona tonight. If Calgary loses to LA and Winnipeg, it will really suck, but at least Calgary would be losing out to playoff teams. Losing to Arizona would be just the lamest way to miss out on the playoffs.

I see what you did there! *clap*

Imagine both the Penguins & Kings sneaking in as 8th seeds. So much for working hard all season to finish 1st and get an easy first round opponent!

If the Oilers trade for Martin Jones I am going to cry. "Modern goalies are so athletic" my ass.

Thank you board Apocalypse for sparing me from live thanks from fans of evil teams. Yay Canada I guess? Now we just need the Senators to knock out the Penguins. Boy does that sound weird.

Hey, my Islanders playoff tickets arrived in the mail yesterday *nervous laughter*. Can anyone recall a worse or more gut wrenching/soul crushing loss by an NHL team in a regular season game than last night? It's a perfect example why I don't trust Halak because he makes howlers at the absolute worst times. Perfect scenario: Isles beat Penguins, Sabres complete tank vs Jackets and then beat Pens on Saturday to knock them out. Then I want fans to storm the ice and carry Nolan on their shoulders chanting "We're Number 30" as a devastated Sidney Crosby watches it all.

We would like to wish the Ottawa Senators well in their future endeavors.

300802d1360010756-surveyor-tim-pitts-not

While I haven't been following the NHL all that closely this season, last night was my favourite night of hockey of the year. Ottawa's comeback and Winnipeg squeaking by St. Louis were tremendous games and then the Albertan teams both won close games. It's a damn shame that the Ducks have the top seed in the West because a first round series between the Jets and Blues gotsta happen.

How great would it be for the Sens to pull an Undertaker and comeback from the dead, swiping a playoff spot from one of the Pens or Bruins in the process?

• Like 1

I don't root against my hometown teams but watching the Penguins spectacular flame-out has taken on a perverse rubbernecking a car crash quality to the point I hope they lose out. I mean they're one and done even if they get in so as Darth said, might as well make the failure complete.

The Pens have to be one of the greatest unfilled sports legacies ever. If you told me back in 2009 that the core group of Crosby, Geno, Letang, Fleury and (then) Staal would never get to another Cup, be bounced out early with regularly, and be a total and complete clusterfuck of a roster within 5 years I would've never believed it.

It's a damn shame that the Ducks have the top seed in the West because a first round series between the Jets and Blues gotsta happen.

Jets beat the Avs and the Kings bounce back and beat the Flames, the Jets would clinch the first wild card and likely a match-up with the Blues. Honestly though, Ducks, Blues, Preds, I don't care, just make it in.

I don't root against my hometown teams but watching the Penguins spectacular flame-out has taken on a perverse rubbernecking a car crash quality to the point I hope they lose out. I mean they're one and done even if they get in so as Darth said, might as well make the failure complete.

The Pens have to be one of the greatest unfilled sports legacies ever. If you told me back in 2009 that the core group of Crosby, Geno, Letang, Fleury and (then) Staal would never get to another Cup, be bounced out early with regularly, and be a total and complete clusterfuck of a roster within 5 years I would've never believed it.

What's the main issue with the Pens down the stretch? They have a 58 GF% when games are close 5 v 5, which is a good indicator of team strength (that's 7th best in the league) and they're 6th in the league in Corsi For, 5v5 close (an even better barometer). Statistically, they're pretty darn good. So, what's gone wrong?

Jets would have to pass Minny for the first wild card.

Yeah, that's not happening. Best we can hope for is Anaheim loses out, St. Louis wins out and Winnipeg finishes with the 2nd wild card spot ahead of LA because fuck LA. I think a 7 game series between those two teams would be outstanding and brutal, much like the CHI/STL series from last year.

Winnipeg probably has a better chance against Anaheim, who are probably really susceptible to a first round upset with not-so-great goaltending, an inexperienced back end, and not the greatest fancy team stats.