DVDVR Message Board

Dolfan in NYC

Guest The Magnificent 7

These refs are a special kind of terrible.  Missing a line call right in front and how you can look at a monitor and not see a touch when Billy Packer and his old eyes can is beyond me. 

It was obvious the refs went in at halftime and realized they needed to call the second half in Duke's favor. Multiple blown charge/block calls all in Duke's favor, missed end line calls, the blown review, calling a foul on a Wisconsin guy for hitting a guy's elbow with his face, etc. That was brutal.

Kudos to Duke for making shots and making Wisconsin miss theirs, though.

Guest The Magnificent 7

It was obvious the refs went in at halftime and realized they needed to call the second half in Duke's favor. Multiple blown charge/block calls all in Duke's favor, missed end line calls, the blown review, calling a foul on a Wisconsin guy for hitting a guy's elbow with his face, etc. That was brutal.

Kudos to Duke for making shots and making Wisconsin miss theirs, though.

Yeah, can't agree more with this.  The Duke backcourt made some big shots, but the refs were diabolical in the 2nd half.  That's the worst I've seen in quite a while in college bball.  I mean I've seen some shady shit on Wisconsin's home floor, so it doesn't necessarily break my heart, but I love this Wisco team and Bo Ryan deserves a championship and that ref performance was some shenanigans.

Decker had his worst game of the tourney which was the big difference in the game.

So many calls went dukes way in that second half but I am almost to the point where I expect that. How Winslow wasn't on the bench with four after that obvious charge is beyond me.

Yeah, that no call on the charge as just fucking blatant.

Still, that second half was awesome, just swaying back and forth with big runs and big shots being made.  Felt like if it went 2 more minutes, Wisconsin would have taken back over, and 2 past that Duke would have went back up. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ah, fuck it, 5 years from now I'll remember Wisconsin beating Kentucky and not this crap. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

After Wisconsin went up by 9 the free throws the rest of the way went 11-1 in Duke's favor.  They didn't pound it in to Frank enough, nor did Decker drive to the rack, but damn that's a ridiculous disparity.  Being the coach of USA basketball has its privileges, I guess. 

Fucking Duke.  Where is AJ Moye when you need him. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Ah, fuck it, 5 years from now I'll remember Wisconsin beating Kentucky and not this crap. 

Probably will. You're still holding on to a buzzer beater in a meaningless game in December of 2011.

Fuck Duke and fuck the refs.

Don't you have a couch on your porch to burn? 

Nah, I'll be busy watching another Final Four banner being raised in Rupp.

Is Crean handing out round of 32 rings this year? Any phone books?

Don't look now, but another team just tied your title count.

Wichita State.

Guest The Magnificent 7

That Wisconsin loss really must have hurt.  A bummer you couldn't go undefeated even with Worldwide Wes paying the bills.  Maybe he'll buy an even better class this year.  Buck up, Brandon.  He and Cal will get another good class.  I also hear the one dentist in Kentucky has an opening on Thursday so you might want to cheer up and make an appointment.

Just when I thought this was a likable Duke team... Grayson Allen appears out of the catalog of a country day school admissions' brochure. He seems like the kind of person who nods in agreement when Coach K talks about "adversity" and things about how he got a Jeep as opposed to a SUV for his 16th birthday.

• Like 2