DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Divisional Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

Then a month later in the rematch have the heels do it the other way.  The guy getting pinned wasn't legal because he didn't complete the process of holding the tag rope.

He snitches on himself and his own failure to use the tag rope to nullify his taking the losing fall.  Which is a submission, of course, because he immediately tapped to the hold because he knew it wouldn't count. :)

WWE totally needs to do a spot where a tag team championship title change is overturned because the faces did not complete the process of grabbing the tag rope thus the guy who scored the winning fall was never legally tagged in and thus the pin doesn't count.

They cant they already tried that damn replay thing but didnt still with it once they realized how stupid it was to use it on some matches but not others

It's a bad rule, but it always been a bad rule.  The Calvin Johnson one was worse.  This one is just fresh.  I'm not going to be shedding any tears over the Cowboys woes, but I give Jason Garrett credit for saying you don't lose a game on one bad call or whatever.

#CompletingTheProcess is the number 1 thing trending on twitter right now, and it's making me chuckle.

Hopefully, the NFL doesn't send out "My Bad" announcement this week because it's a waste unless they change the rule.

After Garrett said something about how they were talking about the wrong thing and he goes he'd say the same thing if his team has been the one that lost, he kinda had to make the "not the reason we lost" speech.

I hate that that is "Roughing the Passer".

If a 300lb defensive lineman is committed to a tackle he isnt going to be able to pull up as soon as the QB releases the ball.

Completely agree. Bad rule.

After Garrett said something about how they were talking about the wrong thing and he goes he'd say the same thing if his team has been the one that lost, he kinda had to make the "not the reason we lost" speech.

"One play doesn't change the entire game" 

Honestly, when the Packer fans are saying the call was bullshit, there's a good chance that the call was bullshit.

I would bet 95% of them don't know the rule though.

Clearly not what the Colts wanted on that Flea Flicker, but it strikes me as a sign of a really high football IQ.  Not trying to force it just because it was a designed "big-play opportunity."

giphy.gif

Checkdown on a flea-flicker. Don't see that every day.

Checking down to the fullback on a flea flicker feels like giving up on your ambitions of being an artist/writer/etc. and settling for a safe dull office career you are good at but resent.

Of course, it could be worse:  I once saw Alex Smith not only check down to the fullback on a flea flicker, but underthrow him.  God the Singletary years stunk.

• Like 1

Checking down to the fullback on a flea flicker feels like giving up on your ambitions of being an artist/writer/etc. and settling for a safe dull office career you are good at but resent.

Of course, it could be worse:  I once saw Alex Smith not only check down to the fullback on a flea flicker, but underthrow him.  God the Singletary years stunk.

I don't know better to gain 3 or 4 yards then get a pick or incompletion

Blandino officially says it was the right call.

So the rule itself is broken, gotcha.

The alleged explanation the ref gave on the field is hilariously stupid though, telling Dallas it "wasn't a move common to football." Because nobody ever stretches out for the endzone after catching a pass while going down, right?