DVDVR Message Board

January 2015 Soccer Thread

SirFozzie

Guest The Magnificent 7

United sign Victor Valdes to a 18 month deal.

Ok, now we got 2 good keepers and a 3rd that'll net some money on a sale.  And insurance in the off chance De Gea doesn't resign.

United sign Victor Valdes to a 18 month deal.

Ok, now we got 2 good keepers and a 3rd that'll net some money on a sale.  And insurance in the off chance De Gea doesn't resign.

Got a feeling it's more than an off chance.  I expect Real Madrid will SWOOP in the summer and this is insurance.

I hereby take the time to apologise to Chris Heck for calling him the scummiest, slimiest most clueless piece of shit/waste of human life to ever run Metro. Ali Curtis is the biggest scumbag in NY soccer history, fucking carny scum.

Apparently they're doing a town hall meeting at RBA next Friday with Curtis and Marsch. 300 person capacity. I won't be able to get down there from Wilkes-Barre, but I really hope they stream it on their website or something. It's going to be a DISASTER (for them, of course) if they can't weed out anyone who's not a plant that's there to ask safe PR questions.

Also, this is a thing: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/billboard-against-the-firing-of-mike-petke

• Like 1

Via Sky: "The Premier League has sought and received assurances from Manchester City that there is no agreement in place between the club or City Football Group with New York City FC relating to the player."

So City are basically claiming that the unveiling of Lampard as a NYCFC player was just a big lie, and therefore they can't be punished.

• Like 1

I get that in Europe the perception of MLS is very poor and that it is considered an inconsequential league (probably somewhat more than deserved when you look objectively at the state of many leagues in Europe), but this entire thing has stunk to me from the beginning, and I don't think it reflects well on either Manchester City or on the EPL as a whole. I will admit though I have probably been following the Rangers ownership saga more closely and I may simply be misinformed.

I thought everyone knew Lampard's 'loan' from NYC was a work? It was in all the papers over here weeks ago.

Besides which, if Man City win the league and then Lamps heads off to NYC as reigning premier league champion, doesn't that make him theoretically a bigger star for the American market? He's not a guy who won the league a few years ago and was them let go due to being too old and a bit rubbish now, he's one of the Champions.

He's the guy they are using on promotional tools to sell tickets, and he's not even signed to the club. That's just lying to your customers. I guess the people in New York don't  deserve soccer club owners who aren't shitheads.

• Like 1

How does Falcao being on loan help anyone with regard to FFP? In Monaco's case, if Falcao were sold outright, they could have booked the revenue already. In United's case, it wouldn't have mattered right now since the three-year period would still include FY2013 when they had a £146M profit, but waiting a year will potentially hamper them in FY2018, whereas it wouldn't if he were bought last summer.

Question for Ali: If you are so confident your grand plan is going to work then why are you refusing requests from fans for refunds? Surely you feel that you will be successful, and if so won't you be able to replace those who give up their tickets?

I hereby take the time to apologise to Chris Heck for calling him the scummiest, slimiest most clueless piece of shit/waste of human life to ever run Metro. Ali Curtis is the biggest scumbag in NY soccer history, fucking carny scum.

Apparently they're doing a town hall meeting at RBA next Friday with Curtis and Marsch. 300 person capacity. I won't be able to get down there from Wilkes-Barre, but I really hope they stream it on their website or something. It's going to be a DISASTER (for them, of course) if they can't weed out anyone who's not a plant that's there to ask safe PR questions.

Also, this is a thing: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/billboard-against-the-firing-of-mike-petke

Campaign reached its fundraising goal in less than half a day. My friend Goran is actually the guy who set this up so he deserves props (along with everyone who contributed). The guy behind the FireJohnIdzik billboard posted on the MF board offering his assistance. #redbullout

Campaign reached its fundraising goal in less than half a day. My friend Goran is actually the guy who set this up so he deserves props (along with everyone who contributed). The guy behind the FireJohnIdzik billboard posted on the MF board offering his assistance. #redbullout

I saw that they had reached the goal. I won't get to see it myself personally (I come in from the other direction on 280 to get to matches), but I'm glad it's going to be there. It's too bad they don't actively care enough for it to make a difference.

Wow, Kyle Walker looked absolutely hilarious in whatever he was doing there. Looked like Brock getting smacked around by Cain Velasquez.

Junior Malanda (VFL Wolfsburg/Belgium) has died in a car accident.

Sad news!

Only 20 and wasn't he a huge prospect for club and country? I saw a video piece on him that showed his highlights, hyping him up and he looked pretty awesome. Sucks.

Edited by Oyaji

If I was ever going to go to a game in England, Crystal Palace has the early lead on where I want to go.  Sure there are places with a ton more tradition but damn if the Eagles don't just go insane for their team for the whole 90 minutes.  Looks like such a fun place to watch a match.

Didn't see the Tottenham game, I don't get TSN2. Seems like that might have been for the best.

Very sad news about Junior Malanda. A really promising player, but of course far more importantly that's got to be a cruel blow to all the people that knew him well. Twenty years old, man.

Fucking Stoke, just can't seem to resist the temptation to be thuggish pricks when playing the Gunners.  First we have Adam's mysterious sleeper against Sanchez in the debacle at their shithole earlier in the season, today we have Arnautovic needlessly shoving Debuchy from behind at the endline.  After the ball had gone out of play, sending him crashing into the turf and dislocating his shoulder.  I hope Alexis puts another two past Begovic today.

And just as I type this, Alexis gets another one.  One to go.