DVDVR Message Board

January 2015 Soccer Thread

SirFozzie

Guest The Magnificent 7

Hamilton is a really good club.  They had invited Celtic fan Jay, Samaras fan-extraordenaire if you recall that story from last year, for today's match to attend for free.  He then took a penalty at half-time. Really nice touch and he seemed to really enjoy it.

QuestionableFrightenedGaur.gif

Man City had absolutely no answer for Santi Cazorla.  Arsenal only had 35% possession, and yet that was one of the most assured and confident displays I can remember seeing from them in forever.  The away support seemed to drown out the home fans in the Ettihad.  Bellerin is showing signs that he could develop into a solid first-choice right back.

Not bad for a team full of lightweights, low grade ankle kickers and divers.

• Like 1

Great performance by the evil Arsenal today. Amazing how different Manchester City look at times without Yaya Toure, he really is that good. Cazorla as usual with a strong performance.

Jovetic is one of those guys where you can see he has all the tools but he doesn't quite assemble the Ikea furniture.

Probably because he's injured all of the time. He was my football crush when he was at Fiorentina but this City move has been a disaster for him because the odd time when he is healthy, he has Aguero and Dzeko ahead of him in the striker pecking order. 

He should've gone to a club that would give him the care and time to grow. Ahem.

Not bad for a team full of lightweights, low grade ankle kickers and divers.

Not really the game to say they aren't divers, though. Or did you not see how they got the penalty?

Hypothetical situation:

If there actually was an Arsenal fan with a sense of humor, how long would it take for the rest of the Arsenal fans to ostracize him?

Oddly enough, there are tons of english/irish comedians who are Gooners, perhaps most notably alan davies, ian stone and dara o'briain

Alan Davies was never much of a comedian, and is basically just an actor at this point. Ian Stone I've never heard of. Dara O'Briain I like, but when he took the Guardian Sport columnist spot after Russell Brand gave it up, he was terrible at it. Not as bad as David Mitchell though (he only lasted two weeks; Both weeks he wrote columns on the theme of "I hate sport it is so shit").

Why would you capitalise Gooners and not English or Irish? You americans should show more respect.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Mirallas is a damn fool.  Greedy knucklehead.  If you're going to be Billy Big Shoes you better thump that penalty home.  Martinez done the right thing and subbed him off at half time.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Goal of the season thus far courtesty of Mikael Lustig today.  Diving header after starting the whole move from his fullback position.

David De Gea has reportedly agreed terms with Real Madrid ahead of a potential switch to the Spanish club.  De Gea, who has arguably been Manchester United’s star player this term, has been sounded out by Madrid for a deal at the end of the season.  And while United want to keep him, reports in Spain say he’s agreed terms on contract, with the switch edging closer.  The news comes hours after Marca said De Gea is still waiting for United to offer him a new deal, despite weeks of talks.  United would want about £50 million for De Gea.

Real Madrid are also signing 16 year old prodigy Martin Odegaard so enjoy the next two years of him playing youth/reserve matches while fans equally parts crazy and uncreative refer to him as "the new Messi".

Don't get me wrong obviously he's something special but there's got to be 50 new Messi's by now and the list is ever growing.