DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ELEVEN

RIPPA

The problem for RG3 is that he is a square peg in a round hole.  He needs to run a run first offense but Washington seems intent on hiring coaches and OC's that are the exact opposite of his skill set.

Week 1 RG3 was the better QB but Cousins was the better QB for the system being run.  Right there you have a huge problem.

The football side of the problem with Brittle Bob (i.e., not his overinflated ego) is that he basically played zone read in college.  And it's really too late for him to learn to be a pocket QB at this point.  I sort of agree with people who say to just swallow the $3+ million, cut him after this season and move on.  I don't think there's going to be some miraculous turnaround where Bob finally starts being a pocket QB.  He holds the ball too long, he doesn't go through progressions, he throws bad spirals at time, etc.

It'll be interesting to see what the Skins do in the draft.  Really, there's probably only 4 or 5 players that are really worth keeping for next year.  Everyone else is at most average, with a lot below average to putrid.

I said it weeks ago, Griffin isn't terribly good at playing NFL football as a quarterback. His apologists are all over the internet like "it's not him, his O-line sucks, he doesn't have the weapons yada yada yada." That rhetoric works for some QBs - hi, Cam - but it doesn't work for him. He's a bust. They need to stop throwing good money after bad and accept that he's not the guy.

The funny thing is...as bad as the offensive line is (and will be even worse without Trent Williams), McCoy and Cousins combined have been sacked less this year than Brittle Bob while playing around twice as much.  And I don't really know what other weapons the Skins could have gotten this season that would make Brittle Bob better.

The football side of the problem with Brittle Bob (i.e., not his overinflated ego) is that he basically played zone read in college.  And it's really too late for him to learn to be a pocket QB at this point.  I sort of agree with people who say to just swallow the $3+ million, cut him after this season and move on.  I don't think there's going to be some miraculous turnaround where Bob finally starts being a pocket QB.  He holds the ball too long, he doesn't go through progressions, he throws bad spirals at time, etc.

It'll be interesting to see what the Skins do in the draft.  Really, there's probably only 4 or 5 players that are really worth keeping for next year.  Everyone else is at most average, with a lot below average to putrid.

What they should have done is started with a zone-read while they work on his fundamentals, and then bring in packages based upon how he progresses.

Trying to shoehorn him into being a pocket QB on the fly is not going to work.  It goes against his skill set.

What they should have done is started with a zone-read while they work on his fundamentals, and then bring in packages based upon how he progresses.

Trying to shoehorn him into being a pocket QB on the fly is not going to work.  It goes against his skill set.

Oh, I agree.  But I think both Brittle Bob's ego and his dad's ego made them think after his rookie season that they wanted absolutely no more of the zone read and that he was already good enough to be a pocket QB.  It's sort of scary that it's turning out that Shanny might have been right all along.

• Like 1

I am just glad that Gruden actually had the stones to talk about Super Bob like he did.  It seems pretty obvious that RG3 hasn't been told anything and that everybody has just pandered to him.  Not he has a coach telling him his technique needs work and he needs to stop bitching about others and worry about himself.   

I am just glad that Gruden actually had the stones to talk about Super Bob like he did.  It seems pretty obvious that RG3 hasn't been told anything and that everybody has just pandered to him.  Not he has a coach telling him his technique needs work and he needs to stop bitching about others and worry about himself.   

Yeah, but it really doesn't matter as long as Brittle Bob's cozy with Snyder.  As long as that relationship exists, Brittle Bob's ego will remain out of control.

There are times while watching the Skins play recently that I wish Brittle Bob pulls an Agent Zero, leaving Snyder no choice but to get rid of him.

And, hey, Brittle Bob's blaming the media again!

Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III isn’t happy with anyone who believes he called out his teammates on Sunday.

“It’s unfortunate that anyone would take a piece of my press conference & say I threw my teammates under the bus,” Griffin said on Twitter.  “These men are my family.”

Added Griffin, “I would never throw my teammates under the bus! I take responsibility for my play & will play better.”