DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK ELEVEN

RIPPA

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith  4m4 minutes ago

The 2-8 Buccaneers are 2 games out of first place in the NFC South. The 6-4 Seahawks are 2.5 games out of first place in the NFC West.

Funny thing is there's a poill up on NFL.com:

Which team will win the NFC South?

Only in America can such shittiness be paid with millions and millions of dollars. :lol:

Classic cycle of abuse mentality:  I endured the 2010 NFC West, so now I want it to happen to every other division in turn.

Keep it up, NFC South.

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith  4m4 minutes ago

The 2-8 Buccaneers are 2 games out of first place in the NFC South. The 6-4 Seahawks are 2.5 games out of first place in the NFC West.

Funny thing is there's a poill up on NFL.com:

Which team will win the NFC South?

Only in America can such shittiness be paid with millions and millions of dollars. :lol:

Classic cycle of abuse mentality:  I endured the 2010 NFC West, so now I want it to happen to every other division in turn.

Keep it up, NFC South.

I don't care about the NFC South. I want the NFC East to burn a terrible death simply because Dallas is in there and half the damn league is geographically further east than Dallas. That always fucked with me when I was little.

I get confused easily. :(

I don't care about the NFC South. I want the NFC East to burn a terrible death simply because Dallas is in there and half the damn league is geographically further east than Dallas. That always fucked with me when I was little.

I get confused easily. :(

One of the enduring foreign stereotypes of Americans is that we suck at geography.

I think it might be partly our sports leagues' fault.  [the old NFC West with Carolina, Atlanta, St. Louis, and New Orleans was the most offensive]

Now that it's the only make geographical mess, it's more notable.

Back when the NFC West was San Fran, LA/St. Louis, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Carolina....

And hilariously enough, at the time, Atlanta's baseball team was in the western division too. 

Our schoolchildren never had a chance.

• Like 1

Now that it's the only make geographical mess, it's more notable.

Back when the NFC West was San Fran, LA/St. Louis, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Carolina....

Indy doesn't exactly fit in the AFC South, but there's nowhere else for them to go, unless you swap them for Miami in the AFC East.  And that's a bad fit, too.

Swapping Indy and Miami would make more sense than the current set-up, geographically, but it's not an absurdity like Carolina in the West or Dallas in the East.  And I get why they left Miami and Dallas in the East divisions, just to preserve historic rivalries.

Colts would also fit the AFC North pretty well, but flipping any of the other four to the South would make even less sense.

Can we just get rid of the Jets? Like not put them in another division, but get rid of them completely?

Thanks. :)

But then who will we all mock to feel better about our teams?

The Jags? At least the Raiders have a history and the Bucs have won a Superbowl.

Holy shit, Jeremy Ross has huge balls. I can't believe he tried that, but I'm so glad it worked.

Guy on RedZone said that because the Cardinals touched it, it was basically a free play for Detroit, even if they had fumbled it back.

Not sure how that works, but that's what RedZone guy said.