DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

All I want for X-Men: Apocalypse is Cyclops back, even if it's just a cameo. Oh, and some way to make The Last Stand non-canon so it can be forgotten forever.

That being said, I really want to see Days of Future Past and hope it doesn't suck.

I think DOFP is going to negate Last Stand, thankfully.

Agreed.

I liked Gambit in the 90's cartoon, haven't really read enough him otherwise to say he is decent or terrible as a character.

I really loved the 90's cartoon Venom and liked the Spectacular version of Venom a decent bit as well. Otherwise the only version I have read enough of to comment on is the Flash Thompson version which I found to be pretty good. I'm honestly hoping they go that direction in the Sony film.

I've liked all those versions of Venom. I'm fine fine with Eddie Brock as Venom or Flash Thompson as Agent Venom. I'm guessing Sony will go with the more famous version, Eddie.

Man of Steel finished filming in April 2012 and came out in June 2013

BvS will finish filming early next year (most likely just before awards season). February 2015 to April 29 (UK)/May 6, 2016 (US) puts it on the same schedule.

It's amazing how the first few trailers for DOFP made it look atrocious, but all the recent TV spots they've aired come across as ridiculously good. I'm a Spidey fan at heart, but much more excited for DOFP than The Sinister Three.

And that's exactly why I avoid ranking comic movies in that Summer Movie Contest. I'm sure somebody is gonna be all, "Pfft...I knew First Class was gonna be awesome" but all I remember was people saying the characters looked cheesy, the production cheap, Kick-Ass director sucks, who wants another X-movie after that last fiasco (and Wolverine)...to the point I know I was convinced it was gonna be terrible and bomb hard.

Then you had Magneto hunting down and killing frickin' Nazis and everything was right with the world.

• Like 2

Legendary Pictures/Universal has got a big mystery project in 2016 that is apparently not a sequel, but is based on an existed IP. The hottest rumors are that it's either Mass Effect or Namor the Sub-Mariner. And it's also rumored that if it's Namor, it will be written by the guy who just wrote Godzilla.