DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

OK, nobody post Ultima Lucha results in the main forum! I'm disapointed they've split it into two episodes. I'm having friends over the Saturday after the 2nd episode to watch the specials back to back: I tried getting them onboard with LU early on in the season (after the Puma/Ryck/Mundo match which is where it really clicked for me). One guy has got really into it and he's pretty much a lapsed WCW fan. Really looking forward to it. RIIIING DE BELLLLL!

They didn't split it two episodes, they turned it from two hours into three hours.

They just waited until the last show to explain it, so I think half the internet is going to be surprised when next week's show is two hours. But happily surprised!

• Like 1

Also, I don't know if this match has been done yet, but if not, please someone go to LU's front office and tell them I will pay money for Angelico Vs. Jack Evans.

Funny you say that because PWG announced that match for BOLA Round 1!

What an amazing episode. I am so sad I'm gonna miss next week's show and probably be unable to avoid spoilers until I can watch the following week.

Opener was such a great brawl. I predicted they wouldn't ever hit the ring and I was right! Except for that crazy table spot. Finish was such a cool visual.

Trios Title match had some glaring edits but what made the cut was great. Loved the multiple dives spot and of course Angelico was gonna jump from a high place. You knew it was coming! Some people will shit on that finish, I loved it. I hope in season 2 Angelico suffers from a crippling fear of heights after some head injury or something.

Strap match was just way too much fun it should be illegal. In fact it probably is if not for those waivers! DaShawn looked like he was having the time of his life and Hernandez played off him so great. Border Toss spot was crazy but GOD DAMN THAT TOPE TO NOWHERE WHILE GETTING SPEWED WAS BEYOND NUTS! Easily a top 5 spot of the season for me. Hernandez gets all my respect for offering to do that. Man I want to take part in a match like that some day. You guys were so lucky!

The Dragon Azteca/Black Lotus stuff was super if you're into the campy stuff which I am. I can't believe Dragon Azteca is gonna die next week.:'( It's sad! I wonder who hoodie guy is. I'm thinking Fenix.

• Like 2

Also, I don't know if this match has been done yet, but if not, please someone go to LU's front office and tell them I will pay money for Angelico Vs. Jack Evans.

Funny you say that because PWG announced that match for BOLA Round 1!

Well shit...

Lucha Underground Report 7/29/15

Missed last week like an idiot. Might be a little shorter than usual with my writing cause I wanna focus on this shit.

Well I'll be damned if Cage/Mack wasn't amazing AGAIN. The finish was super un-PC but definitely builds Mack up for some revenge. Its weird that they gave this feud almost no build and the guys just ran with it in the matches they got and killed it. The spear through the door was just totally out of nowhere and awesome, and the crowd is so hot. Their reaction to the beer chug and Kick-Wham-Stunner was perfect. This episode is gonna be special. 

The Disciples now look like someone writing the show rented Laid To Rest. No reason for the one Disciple to not target the injured leg with that hold he almost got Ivelisse with. Son of Havoc continues to show his crazy athleticism with the double topes and Angelico dies on the edge of the bleachers. That won't stop him though because he immediately flies OVER THE RING (I think? I looked up at the last second. At least over the ringpost) to splatter everyone. Poor bastard even gets kicked right in the face after the catfight finish. I'm sure some of you will replay the lick of death too many times for your own good. 

How have I never seen a fans strap match? That seems like something that would have been on the '80s lucha set for sure. Unless they got so unruly the footage had to be destroyed for legal purposes. Good god that was the funnest match I've seen all season. Grave Consequences might be the best but that was the most fun. I'm sure you guys lashing Hernandez had to be shitting bricks when he reacted to the shots. Also, he really went full-force with the pitch of Drago into those three guys, pretty much a "fuck you, you signed the waiver, you want to catch the throw? HERE IT IS MOTHERFUCKERS." Tromataker, were you the guy in the hat? 

I wonder how/if they're gonna wrap up the storylines at Ultima Lucha. This is gonna me a must-see show.

• Like 1

Star of the show: Tromataker. You were fucking everywhere on this episode. The strap match was insane and better than I thought it would be. A few of the guys really, really laid it in on him and mad props to Hernandez for taking both the strap shots and the ridiculous tope that Robert mentioned. He went splat so hard.

The Cage/Mack brawl was tremendous and one of my favourites from the entire season. Mack just blows me away every time I see him. What are some of his PWG matches I should check out if I need more Mack in my life? I liked how Cage went full on Super Dragon with the curb stomp but Mack's too big for it.

The trios was a bit of a let down in that it was so disjointed from the clipping. I really liked the ending. In an unrelated piece of news, Catrina almost came out of her top there. That finish builds up for a great rematch with Ivelisse fully healthy and gunning for Catrina and da gold. Angelico is going to have to tone it down eventually, right?

The poor woman's Kill Bill stuff is great and the more grindhouse-esque the better. 

• Like 2

So I guess The Mack will only return next season in some state of zombification after having to eat that cinder block for supper? Yes? That looked very bad for his health. However I will be the one downer to point out that of all the weeks to have such a nasty spot it is diminished a little by coming on the heels of Rollins' nasty errant kneelift on RAW.  Of course, I realize that's totally out of their control when this would be shown. No problem though because Hernandez's belt-blistered face was right up there with Cena's relocated nose.  

I saw Tromataker's aforementioned questionable herky jerky belt swing but to me it looked like it was mostly due to you having to run around the corner and reach over that pack of jackals just to get your lick in. Besides you weren't the only one lacking the perfect form of Henry Hill's pissed off dad. Never mind that shit though because Hernandez was definitely getting lit up; damn did those blisters/grill marks on his face look painful.  

The white-shirted saxophonist-looking wuss who got his belt yanked from him by Hernandez and then was the base on the Border Toss had to be a plant/local indy worker; right? Because he was clearly the featured beltsman.  Can't wait for next week. Like I already said Vampiroso better go whole bloodsucker and get some fang dental implants strictly so Pentagon Jr., can yank them out and fashion a necklace out of them. To hell with that bloated corpse cereal box vampire wannabe.

Dude why did it take me so long to check this out?! This is so much fun.

"Now.. I like to promote my championship matches, so there will be no 'cash this in' here!"

Yeah I was the guy in the hat.

The guy that got the belt taken away and hit by the Border Toss on Drago was the guy who got his belt taken by Hernandez a couple of weeks ago when he hung Drago with it. Not sure why it didn't get mentioned on commentary.

The episode was so much fun, but knowing the finale is next week I'm honestly getting a little sad.  I need more of this in my life and I'm hoping they just announce season 2 and get it rolling.  Thank goodness for NXT or I'd be fucked (oh, and Impact too I guess but that's a cure for insomnia anymore)

Mack/Cage was wonderfully brutal.  The stunner was such a highlight, particularly due to the crowd's reaction.

I was bummed with Disciples winning, but it made sense.  You want to build up the power of the stone, so I was cool with them no-selling once Catrina raised the stone.  It does make sense.  But I hope Ivelisse/Angelico/Havok stick together because hot damn do I love them.

There has been a fan strap match before in TNA.  But because LOLTNA it sucked and the fans didn't do much.  In LU it was exactly what it should have been.  I loved this with all my heart.  Tromataker, I was so happy to see you take part.  They featured you quite a bit, man.  Hernandez took it like a champ.  Imagine if this was taped after the TNA fiasco, he really would have had it worse.

Tromataker, I know you guys signed waivers, but were you told anything else beforehand?  Did you guys see Hernandez or was it somebody else saying to lay it in?  i imagine for particular moments that was laid out beforehand (tossing the guy into a couple fans for example)