DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

Hoo Boy

This new Yahoo Draft is wacky

Yeah, they messed it up big time. Hopefully yahoo won't be as messed up as it was last night because it was raging inducing with the draft window restarting itself randomly when you look at who's left at different positions. My advice to our league get there earlier and set your queue.

Yeah - I was doing a mock draft in it and I saw the option to switch to Classic (I just never did it)

The only problem I had with it (outside figuring out where everything is) was it took like 3 minutes to load after it said the draft started.

Draft software is working perfect for me at work, as well as on my phone.

So I'm sure when I run in the door from work with a couple minutes to spare and attempt it on my home computer it will find a way to blow up in my face.

I did a draft on NFL.com last week and their web client was practically undraftable with keepers because it kept the "last pick" on the top, which for our purposes was a bunch of 12th round keepers and you couldn't see what was going on currently.  But the mobile software worked perfect so it's all a crapshoot.

Draft grades are in, and the auto writer says that I flushed my number 2 spot down the toilet, but finishes by saying I had a great draft.

Last year, I had the second worst graded draft and went to the finals, so I'm fine with Yahoo not being impressed.

Ha everyone has to read the report card for Mason's Team.  For those not in the draft, Yahoo busted out these hilarious nuggets in their assessment of his draft:

"Jerry Rice once stated, "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that." Well guess what, Mason's Team, he isn't going to say that about your team either. Because that would be a lie."

"Bad news for Mason's Team: They accumulated the fewest projected points in the first half of the draft. Worse news: They accumulated the fewest projected points in the second half of the draft."

"Why can't I find Vernon Davis on my draft cheat sheet? Oh wait, here he is under "mid-to-late round flier.""
  • Like 1

So what you're saying is, the winner of "Best Draft" really only adhered to the, generally acknowleded, shitty Yahoo Rankings, and probably isn't much of a winner at all. Indeed he should be emarassed.

Because I think that's what you're saying.

Don't you think that's what he's saying, Kevin?

This seems very appropriate from mine

Get Off My Lawn

With an average of 7.7 years of NFL experience, TheChampIsNotHere is the oldest and by default, least exciting team in the league.

And Lord - is the recap obsessed with the fact that I drafted a rookie kicker

• Like 1

"And they stay the same age. Sideburn Lovers Club isn't afraid to rob the cradle, drafting the youngest team in the league with an average of just 4.3 years of NFL experience."

These reviews are the best.

I also enjoy Yahoo chastising me for drafting two kickers when it was their auto-pick that picked them.

Damning praise department from Yahoo draft report card:

• Picking starting RBs should be an effortless exercise most weeks for 12th Man Murdochs, as there's a healthy projected point difference between their third-ranked (Frank Gore) and fourth-ranked (Jeremy Hill) RBs.