DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

Can I have some decorum?

Seriously though, releasing all the bad news so close to release isn't the best marketing strategy, considering all the other huge games people can buy instead the same day.

I don't use most of the modes taken out, but a lot of people did and will be pissed.

I'll shed a single tear for the demise of my Tribute to the Poops arena

Goodbye turdbuckles!

Well, with the 25 CAW cap, there really was no point in trying to download WCW or ECW or '80s rosters and without the arenas there certainly ain't a reason. Very disappointing news but I hope what's in is done well and serves as a good foundation for the series on this generation of consoles. I'm still intrigued what the haxorz can pull off when the PC version is finally released. Looking at what the communities have done with NBA 2K or Skyrim, the sky is the limit. There will be a long period in which they have to sort out what they're working with, like the NBA community with the new gen stuff on PC, but after that...Maybe they'll figure a way of working around the creation suite's limitations and have create an arenas/titles/women with no 25 cap. At least that's my hope.

I like how they said they're announcing it now because the team was still working on doing as much as they could when the game went gold like two weeks ago.

Just say "we really wanted to lock people into digital preorders they couldn't cancel"

I'm still buying/playing it and will probably enjoy the shit out of it but you don't gotta lie to us, guys

Erick Rowan's li'l brother goes over the HUD, controls, and the stamina system with lots of footage of gameplay. The fatigued movements look so good. I like how the stamina drain isn't universal and big boys like Show and Henry will tire quicker than Kofi or Cesaro.

YouTube user sugarraytyson got the current gen version early and is posting all kinds of shit

Don't worry guys, everything runs super smooth. But it also looks a lot like the gameplay has always looked. These are cpu vs Cpu matches, btw, so not a great indicator of the actual human gameplay experience.

He also goes through the create a wrestler. My Cobra Commander hood is gone. Nooooooo!

It might have options limited because it's the my career caw, but I don't think so since some of the stuff has so many options. Dozens upon dozens of wrestling boots, 20 hairstyles. Maybe ten face paint options. But man look at all those fucking shoes!

You can probably turn it off. You'd be completely fucked trying to play without it, but you can probably try.

Probably, because the stamina meter is a must in this case.  Life bars just suck a great deal of the fun out of a wrestling game, because you know there is only a certain point that it will end.  I like the idea of a layered match, where you have to go through certain stages and everything.  Reminds me a lot of KoC in that effect.

I watched his career mode video. 

I like how the guy who taps out in a minute long match is the one who gets offered a WWE contract.

Kind of like how a guy loses a match to main event a PPV and gets rewarded with a #1 contender's match to be billed as a main event match?

Early indications for next gen videos are that there are a bunch of annoyances like commentary still being terrible, crowd sound still not being all that responsive, people disappearing from the ring after they lose a match instead of selling, etc

that said, the actual gameplay, repetitive old reversals animatons aside, looks pretty sim-like and great; this triple threat match is p much 20 minutes of exhausted 300lb hosses murdering each other and if you don't mark out for the finish you have a heart of stooooone