DVDVR Message Board

MISC MATCHES

DEAN

Holy crap!

Axel Dieter died just two days ago.

His son is a second generation wrestler, who works primarily for wXw (but I'm sure you knew that).

I was hoping to see Axel's finishing move that Jericho described in his book as basically Axel putting his hand on his downed opponent's throat and doing an old man cartwheel, thereby crushing his opponent's larynx.

WAR GAMES: The Match Beyond!

Do I need to say anything else?

ell maybe a little. I love this thing so fuckin much. The first one is still my favorite. Arn stooges like crazy, Nikita is finally not invincible and Animal is explosive as fuck. The crowd goes apeshit for both Road Warriors andwatching a match where people don't "Woo" when Ric Flair chops a dude is something anathema to wrestling in 2015. God I mis the fuck out of this!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23yh4o_the-super-powers-vs-the-four-horsemen-nwa-great-american-bash-1987-nwa-war-games-1-atlanta-ga-07-04_sport

James

• Like 1

The Hammer in PR against Miguel fuckin Perez Jr!

------------------

Savio Vega vs King of the Collossal Kongs!

-------------------

Brian Pillman vs Dutch Mantel for whatever reason.

What's the last Dory match which was genuinely good as a standalone contest, rather than just "geez, he's pretty spry for such an old dude"? I'm trying to think of anything, and not much is coming to mind past the 80s. Which is in pretty stark contrast to Terry's late-stage career.

I'm sure DEAN or somebody already posted this but so what, it's a young skinny Tenryu all full of babyface vim and vigor against that dastardly Ueda, who isn't afraid to blade right in front of everybody before the bell rings. Three guesses as to which pile of human excrement spoils the match and makes Tenryu a human bloodbag. It's kind of charming watching baby Misawa, Koshinaka, Kojika etc. try and break up the fight. Oh, and Tenryu's enzuigiri sucked even then.

• Like 1